• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too much originality

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Does anyone else think that the Pokemon Special/Pokemon Adventures is SO original that it is TOO far from the original point of Pokemon? I mean, the originality is great 'n all, but still...

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    The whole badge in the slots machine thing, evil Elite Four, Ruby being a coordinater... ect.

Years
  • So you want clichéd storylines and predictable characters?

Step this way to the first series of the anime, please.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • I don't really care about "too much originality," especially in a time when we're sorely lacking in that department, as long as it's good. PokeSpecial is good; I remember reading the summaries of the manga when I was in 6th grade, and now that I've actually read it, they far surpassed my expectations.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Actually, hasn't Satoshi Tajiri said that Special is closest to his original vision of the Pokémon world? So I don't really think that it's too far off. It's still about kids going out, catching monsters, and fighting villains. If it has a more complex storyline, then that just makes it better and more worthwhile to read than the generic "beat Gyms, beat villain team, beat Elite Four" storyline it would have if it was ripped straight from the games.

mbc2085

Mew
    Years
  • having unexepection in the manga makes much more fun as story line. They do follow some originalty but its boring to have origin for too much. Play pokemon game for 10 times its boring.
    so i do respect that author of manga put something unexpected.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • I know what you're saying!
    I think the same for some things..

I mean.. Pokemon Special is great! But the badges machine, the frozen characters, the fact that Emerald can know the birthplace of any pokemon just by a luck are way too 'original' as you say...

Anyway, I think it's the best exponent of Pokemon with the RPG games...

Sea Guardian

A Kitsune who watches the Sea
    Years
  • The whole badge in the slots machine thing, evil Elite Four... ect.
    What badge in the slot machine? Where was that because I think I totally missed that...
    I loved the evil Elite Four! I can usually guess every plot twist of every story but that's one of the only things I did not see coming.

Well, I think originality is awesome! That's what make the PokeSpecial, Special. xD
    My thoughts exactly! =D
    I'm sure a lot of people also feel the same way.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • In the manga the original 8 kanto badges actually have magical powers. I find that awesome. And the ice thing was cool. Elite 4 being evil is awesome. Anyway it seems you read a little bit only. I find the mange more awesome cause a lot of things are explained in its own special way like say how the elite 4 of jhoto was made. I found that touching that koga and bruno changed sides as well as will and the other girl and made their own elite 4. So yeah im up for originality and it has what i want. Non generic pokemon stuff and something fans can truly appreciate. lets not forget pokeboobs and the hot spa scenes

Years
  • Plus the plots are so well thought out. 'specially RuSa. I mean, it can't get more original than that!
    And the shippings are so cute and much more solid.
    And for all the girls out there, don't forget, Red takes off his shirt xD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • What's so bad about originality? It's what makes stories so popular and be dedicated to be best works of art. What they do in the manga is quite clever and I love how they work with it.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • What badge in the slot machine? Where was that because I think I totally missed that...

It was used at the Silph Takeover in RBG to fuse the legendary birds together, then used later in the Yellow saga (to take control of Lugia, I believe).

As for the quote, didn't Tajiri say that at the first few chapters of RBG before it strayed away from the games to make its own story? Anyway, it doesn't really matter if Special strays away from the games, it's still entertaining to read. As what people said before, the ideas were quite clever and interesting.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • I personally don't see why complain about originality. That's a first in my life.

Back