• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Too much?

Too many games?

• Totally! Talk about spamming.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I guess so, but what does it matter?

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Nah, it's fine. It won't corrupt Game Freak.

Votes: 25 37.3%
  • DUH! Of course not! Keep on coming, ya beauties!

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • YOU IDIOT! OF COURSE IT'S A GOOD THING!

Votes: 15 22.4%

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

Games made, sold, lost and found again. But Game Freak is pouring out the games, like many other companies. This is not a good thing, as some might think. Here is the list of reasons:

1. They will think about the money more than how they're damaging the company.

2. The designs will start to crumble and soon they will just be normal animals, but with a bracelet or something.

3. After the company falls, it will be sold and the beloved Pokemon games will be like 'Battlefield 3' instead of cute, serious, fun time with our little Poke friends.

Those are the main reasons which will destroy Game Freak. I think Pokemon X and Y was another example of how fast they're moving. Sure, they made it for the 3Ds but the screens resolution is far too low. It will be a smudged, pixelated 3D game.

However I will buy it. ^ ^

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • You buy the games because they made something you want. That is a good thing. I don't think GF needs to add 100+ pokemon each Gen. I would be happy with 20-30 new pokemon each time. There are 700... we got the creature side covered. They should work harder on the scenarios.

If GF makes a game I don't want, I wont buy it. Like Pokemon Trozie, Hey You Pikachu? or Mystery dungeon.

They can make as many games as they want. I will only buy the ones I want.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    What point do you try to get across actually? I don't think get it =w=?
    Well, I don't know if Game Freak really come creativity dry any soon enough, tough in name department I could see that started to dry. And your seems baseless to me because Game Freak already thought bout money more than anything else since long ago. But tehy wouldn't go full retard mode like following the trend of western game because Pokemon is Japanese game made by a Japanese Company, with Japanese Audience in mind, first. Because you see, in Western market kids are no longer play Pokemon for their leisure. They play games like Call of Duty, Battlefield or Assassin's Creed. Kids that play Pokemon usually are below 9 years old, or one of their siblings play Pokemon. For as long as Game Freak keep that attitude in mind, I wouldn't think Pokemon trapped like any other Japanese games that suffered identity crisis because they want to appeal both east and west market.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I wonder if they ever gonna release an MMO of Pokemon similar to Digimon Masters Online.

Nakala Pri

What point do you try to get across actually? I don't think get it =w=?
    Well, I don't know if Game Freak really come creativity dry any soon enough, tough in name department I could see that started to dry. And your seems baseless to me because Game Freak already thought bout money more than anything else since long ago. But tehy wouldn't go full retard mode like following the trend of western game because Pokemon is Japanese game made by a Japanese Company, with Japanese Audience in mind, first. Because you see, in Western market kids are no longer play Pokemon for their leisure. They play games like Call of Duty, Battlefield or Assassin's Creed. Kids that play Pokemon usually are below 9 years old, or one of their siblings play Pokemon. For as long as Game Freak keep that attitude in mind, I wouldn't think Pokemon trapped like any other Japanese games that suffered identity crisis because they want to appeal both east and west market.

I guess my point didn't come across right. Today companies are spamming games, soon there will be so many games, people will lose interest, thus destroying Pokemon.

I know it is a Japanese company and all and that money comes first. But producing more and more games isn't really mean making more money, but rather losing fans. Without fans and followers, a company no longer exists. Producing more and more consoles means more games, then there comes the expense of making them. People don't want a effortless piece of plastic full of violence, they want a piece of heaven, with awesome game play, memorable characters and a story which entrances the views and excreta.

But how will this happen if they just continue pouring out more games, without so much of a thought how this could affect the companies future in gaming. It depresses me with the shallow, violent games which get sold over and over again.

In the past, like Unreal Tournament, they made games which people would like and would stick to for generations to come. Not a crappy piece of hell which depresses the players and makes us all throw up with the graphics. Pokemon X and Y, sure, it had a huge breakthrough, but not a good one.

That is my super long point, so if I didn't bring it across, again, I will just scream and get annoyed. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    So your point is they need to stop making pokeon games and start something else ? By the way theres always digimon if you don't like pokemon.

Nakala Pri

So your point is they need to stop making pokeon games and start something else ? By the way theres always digimon if you don't like pokemon.

My point is they should stop continusly making new games before giving us a chance to even PLAY the one they just released. They're going to ruin everything if they just keep making new games, over and over again. It creams my corn!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Well the latest pokemon games came out faster than the old one already. It's just people always want more pokemons to play with.

Nakala Pri

I know, but why can't they keep us wanting more? They just keep giving to the point we have TOO much Pokemon to play with. 700 so far is quite enough, give us a year or a few to make us giddy with excitement! Here is an example, if people kept giving out free Pringles, people would get sick of them and really fat! xD

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I agree there are enough pokemon that we can slow down production to a handful of new monsters each Gen. Only letting the best designs get in.

BW2 was a great game, but the game tech is still 14 year out of date. XY ar ea huge upgrade, but still look like Dark Dawn and DW9 wich were on the DS in 2010. So, Even with the Upgrades, they are 3 years behind.

Pokemon NEEDS XY to move forward as a franchise. Do they need a new game every year? No.

Pokemon needs to spend more time telling interesting stories. Make spin off games like XD using the pokemon we already have, but telling a new story that is interesting.

Pokemon have never been so good at Plot and Character, but now that we have more than enough monsters, why not fix the weaker parts?

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • I hardly believe we'll be seeing any significant dive in sales anytime soon.

I'll separate the main series games into categories.

Worldwide sales in millions:
    Main Series
    (1996) Red, Blue, and Green - 31.37
    (1999) Gold and Silver - 23.10
    (2002) Ruby and Sapphire - 15.85
    (2006) Diamond and Pearl - 18.07
    (2010) Black and White - 14.71

Worldwide sales in millions: Main Series 'Sequels'
    (1998) Yellow - 14.64
    (2000) Crystal - 6.39
    (2004) Emerald - 6.41
    (2008) Platinum - 7.54
    (2012) Black and White 2 - 6.65

Worldwide sales in millions: Main Series Remakes
    (2004) FireRed and LeafGreen - 10.49
    (2009) HeartGold and SoulSilver - 11.56

There are currently 31.53 3DS' in circulation. Nintendo, a few days ago, reported that there was a 4x jump in weekly 3DS sales due to Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Animal Crossing is already the 4th best selling game on the 3DS with Japanese sales alone. Pokemon X and Y will do a lot better than that.

Years
  • I kind of see your point - but it is one I feel applies more to consoles.

Honestly though on the topic of X and Y being too much too soon I kind of disagree. I felt that there wasn't much of an advancement between gens 4 and 5 at all really and so I'm really excited for the breakthroughs that this game is giving us.

I think that if they bring out gen 7 this soon after the (probable) third game or after X and Y then this point will be a bit more valid. But right now I'd say this is going fine.

Years
  • I would say this 'update' or new generation is pretty much needed anyways. We were all waiting for Pokemon to get up to this point eventually with a whole 3D environment including models and movement.

I wouldn't say it's too much, but hopefully it won't get to that certain point. Personally, I think it's tough to imagine an evolutionary game after Pokemon X and Y.

Years
  • Well, I love Pokemon games and I will continue buying them. But I think GameFreak should wait 2 years after X and Y before they release something else, just to improve the scenario, graphics, Pokemon designs etc.

X and Y seem amazing so far, and I think a lot of people will buy a 3DS just for that game (as I did lol)

Nakala Pri

My main point is too much, too fast. They don't even know about the saying 'keep them wanting more'

All I want is for games to stop being made so quickly just because of this worthless, green paper which makes people kill and destroy, even in games.

To Ilias, we have been waiting for a breakthrough, but really, this is too much after they just released Pokemon Black and White 2 and Pokemon Conquest. Can't we enjoy it for a little bit before being pushed into another game??!!

I am a huge Game Freak supporter, but I have a feeling they are going to drop... and fast. They're basically using the move Sky Drop on themselves! Of course they want to reach the heavens, achieve many things and make many games, but how long before they drop and lose EVERYTHING?!

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    My main point is too much, too fast. They don't even know about the saying 'keep them wanting more'

All I want is for games to stop being made so quickly just because of this worthless, green paper which makes people kill and destroy, even in games.

To Ilias, we have been waiting for a breakthrough, but really, this is too much after they just released Pokemon Black and White 2 and Pokemon Conquest. Can't we enjoy it for a little bit before being pushed into another game??!!

I am a huge Game Freak supporter, but I have a feeling they are going to drop... and fast. They're basically using the move Sky Drop on themselves! Of course they want to reach the heavens, achieve many things and make many games, but how long before they drop and lose EVERYTHING?!

Too soon? We have another five months to go and I completed white 2 a month ago. I've had to restart ss and the original white just to keep myself playing. Nintendo are also completely innovating unlike, let's say...Apple, who release the same hardware with a better screen each year. Pokemon is long overdue on 3ds and this game is what the series needs.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I wouldn't say it's too fast or too much, We had Red & Blue in 96 followed by Gold & Silver in 99 which is a 3 year gap, then we had Ruby & Sapphire in 2002 which is a 4 year gap followed by Diamond & Pearl in 2006 which was another two year gap, Black and White in 2010 which is another 4 years and now we've got X and Y in 2013 which is 3 years. The time gaps of release dates have variated over the years, more recently having a four year gap but the older games had a three year gap which is quite long imo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I would of agreed with you when applying this logic to Black2/White2. Heck that game was literally the same rom as Black/White but just with some additions. Was just a lazy excuse for a game imo. That is the only Pokémon game I feel was a mistake.

But can you honestly say the same thing about X and Y? That's a huge slap in the face. It's been evident that they are trying their best to make it a pleasing game for us. This time they are not taking the lazy way out but rather breaking down barriers we thought never would be. Sure, money is in mind as well, but that goes along with ANY company.

Personally I think your assumptions of Gamefreak are baseless and ignorant. Sounds very similar to the whining of Gen 5 Pokémon designs. Gamefreak has put just as much creativity and passion into Gen 1 as they have with these newer main series games. You can continue to say how they are getting worse, but to me, they are only getting better and better.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    I wonder if they ever gonna release an MMO of Pokemon similar to Digimon Masters Online.

There's already am ongoing project called Pokémon Generations.
    Anyway, Digimon Masters Online but with Pokémon and managed by a good company (because Joymax sucks) and with pvp would easily become one of the most (if not the most) played MMOs.

Back