• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too old?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    no age, pokemon is meant for all ages. My mom is starting to get into the games lol. I dont think that I will ever grow out of pokemon.

cjlaw

A unknown fighter
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 4, 2012
    I believe I am too old for pokemon, considering I am going to collage in a few months

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Your never to old to have fun. : P

Same goes for playing Pokemon! I'm sure I'm gonna like it still in 20 years from now. : )

cjlaw

A unknown fighter
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 4, 2012
    How does that make you too old? You misspelled "college".
    I still play pokemon anyway but nobody around my area plays pokemon and all of my friends say it's for kids. Also I spelt collage wrong because I am deslexic.

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
    Never. I'm seventeen and still play it. I have friends who also still collect the cards and try to watch the show too lol. I'll prolly still be playing it well into my thirties :)

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    I don't think there is an age that's too old although round my area no one over the age of 10 dares to play something like Pokemon or they'd get bullied. None of my friends play it, or any of my family. My little brother used to play it but he's 13 now and says he's too old for it. Which made me feel bad for liking it haha but now I don't care that no one round here plays it, it's an extra hobby and having hobbies is a good thing so i'll continue to play for as long as I'm interested in it :D

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I think as the video game generation gets older (by which the first group of players for Mario, Zelda, etc), seeing people in their 60s or even 70s that are still gamers shouldn't seem quite a weird. It's already happened a bit for old tv shows and cartoons, games would probably be no different.

That said, I don't think you can ever get "too old" for something like that. The only way out of a fandom is a sudden lack of interest and finding something "better" than the last one, to the point you never go back to the former one. But only using the excuse of being too old for it, is just very unlikely.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I don't think you're ever too old for Pokemon! Or anything that makes you happy. I've loved it since I was 6 or 7. I'm 17, and still play the games, watch the show, and collect the cards. I know I'll never be too old for Pokemon, or any other cartoon/anime/manga/video game I like. It's not different than liking football all your life. It's just whatever you like, ya know?

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    I personally think when you're 1,337 years old, you should stop.

Really though, nothing in your interests really change, it's just younger people are different. My mother loved country since she was young, as it was the thing back then. She still loves it today, however, music has changed. I love d'n'b, and I probably always will, even if the musique scene changes.

It's the same with Pokemon, or even Mario. This generation of young 'uns will always love them.

I probably made no sense there, but it's my two cents! :p

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    Like everyone else its never too old. But you do gotta give less time to the game the older you get. I mean you cant not have a job and be 25 and be playing your ds at home that's creepy.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    WHA-AT!?

TOO OLD FOR POKEMON!?!?!
    Nonsense!

There is no age limit to something that people like.
    Pokemon may lose some of its appeal in the future, but people will like it then, too. It just depends on the persons will to have fun! =)

My uncle plays Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda, and he's 44.

Your never too young to be happy. :)

Years
    I even knew some guy over 50 who played Yu-Gi-Oh competitively, saw him at a couple tournys back when I played.
    And he was really good friends with lots of the other people.
    Just goes to show you're never too old for something.

Back