• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Too Soon?

Years
I think it may feel too soon because the BW2 launch in there has made it seem like we've had a ton of Pokemon games really close together, which is kind of true. But 3 years since Gen V sounds about right to me.

Nintendofox3d

Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I agree it is too early, but you know how companies are, they really want money, and so a main series pokemon game and animal crossing new leaf will boost sales ALOT.
Games getting this year:
-Animal Crossing New Leaf
-Pokemon X(or Y not sure...)
-Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity
...yeah they need more games...

And remember it's been 3 years since gen V but when the games will actually be released it'll be almost 4 years...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I agree it is too early, but you know how companies are, they really want money, and so a main series pokemon game and animal crossing new leaf will boost sales ALOT.
Games getting this year:
-Animal Crossing New Leaf
-Pokemon X(or Y not sure...)
-Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity
...yeah they need more games...

And remember it's been 3 years since gen V but when the games will actually be released it'll be almost 4 years...
No actually it hasn't been 3 years since BW got released, BW released in September 2010, I think it's soon for Gen VI.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
I Don' think its to Early because I Already have 400+ Pokemon waiting on Black to be Transferred to my Future Pokemon Y Game that I'll be getting for Christmas (Actually I'll Probably get it earlier by trading in some games)

No actually it hasn't been 3 years since BW got released, BW released in September 2010, I think it's soon for Gen VI.

Um You do Realize its 2013
People Don't care about the Month it has been 3 Years and Once X and Y are Released It Will Have been Officially 3 Years and 1 Month

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I think everyone here has missed a vital point as to why it may seem too soon. The game is being released in October 2013 worldwide, for the first time ever we are getting these games the same time as Japan. Normally we would have to wait a few months after the Japanese release, so if this was like the traditional release dates we would have had to wait until February/March 2014.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Um You do Realize its 2013
People Don't care about the Month it has been 3 Years and Once X and Y are Released It Will Have been Officially 3 Years and 1 Month

He said "when the games will actually be released it'll be almost 4 years..."

Years
Nope. Gen V was hard to swallow for me. Didn't play it too much.

I'm actually excited for Gen VI. I can remember not being excited for Gen V really at all.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
In ways I feel it is too soon, mainly because I was really hoping for RSE remakes. I'm still excited, don't get me wrong, but this time around...I think the introduction of a new generation feels rushed. (And perhaps we'll see this as time passes and more Pokemon are released.) I mean, why couldn't they have moved onto the 3DS, but instead of creating a whole generation on the transition, created RSE remakes we've been craving for? That way, they've moved onto the 3DS, staying with the trends, and aren't moving too fast.

Years
It does seem a little bit soon (only 3 months after the release of BW2 outside Japan), but with the 3DS already being 2 and a half years old by the time X and Y come out, and a year and a half between X and Y and BW2 in Japan, the timing does seem about right. Personally, I would have waited until the early Spring to make the announcement, so they'd have even more time to work on the game before much speculation arises.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Dude. It's been... 3 years? I thought it had only been about 1.5-2. It seemed like literally just a week or two ago I saw all the new Pokemon being slowly revealed and all the hype around it. Freaky. Well, I guess if this games are set to be released at the 3-year mark, then it's not too soon. But it sure feels like it!

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Gen V had an awkward release time so it's not too surprising. The shortest generation was I think either I or II so this isn't that big of a deal. Besides, it's time to move onto new hardware.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
If the release was now then yeah, probably. But we're all forgetting the giant 10-month wait we have between now and the full release. Just because we know about it, doesn't make it too soon. Tbh we already knew about Gen 6. And we already know about generations 7, 8, 9, etc. They've just not been announced yet but we know they're all coming and we know they're all gonna have new F/W/G starters, new legends, etc. 10 months from now seems a perfectly reasonable release date to me, especially since I thought that B2/W2 were totally stale from their announcement lol.

Also, Game Freak needed to get on-board with the 3DS sooner rather than later. If they waited much longer they'd be making a game for it pretty late in its product cycle and before they know it people are already starting to move onto a new console, costing them sales.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
While I wanted RSE remakes in Gen V, the year Emerald that came out in America was 2005 (Ruby and Sapphire came out 2003 for Americans) and they seem to wait for special anniversaries (like with Heart Gold and Soul Silver, 10 years after Gold and Silver)...so 2015 maybe?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Nah, I never thought it was too soon to release a new generation. Even if it only lasted a year and a half internationally, but it's going to become 2 years after March, though it'll already be 3 years in Japan. I think we all have been too used to seeing new generations getting released 3-4 years.

Remember, Game Freak had already warned us that Pokémon Black and White games would faster paced than previous games. And I could already understand that the DS was almost at it's ending point, and so the 3DS becomes the new handheld device and has to be used in 2013 for the Pokémon franchise. ;)

And besides that, Game Freak has already said that there's no pattern when they develop video games.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Three whole years is MORE than enough for any given generation. Generation IV somehow held out over four years, and as far as I'm concerned it couldn't have ended sooner. So no, I understand that having one generation introduced immediately after another can be upsetting—except that this is not the case, because three whole years is not "immediately".

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I feel like this gen is coming a bit too soon, but I'm not bothered by it at all. n__n I felt that gen IV overstayed its welcome and when gen V came around, it was a breath of fresh air. I guess they didn't wanna do that again and have a generation stay for too long, or maybe they were just THAT ready to get Pokemon on the 3DS.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Yesterday, I went to bed thinking, "it's around that time for a new mainseries Pokemon game to be announced." Today, here it is. But we just got B2/W2, so it kind of does feel a little bit early. I guess GF doesn't want us to get bored too soon...

User19sq

I feel that it is indeed a bit too soon. I mean, I've hardly progressed through Black 2, and already the new Generation is here. But hey, with Fennekin's and X's designs, along with the overhauled look of the entire games, I think Game freak wanted to unleash this blessing sooner than later.

Back