• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami Block is BACK! 5/26/2012

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I am sure we can bank on this at the very least.

DBZ, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, Big O, Tenchi Muyo, Outlawstar.

Hopefully they get me some Rurouni Kenshin in there... And show Inuyasha Final Act. Sure they will still have FMA Brotherhood. Definitely need me some G Gundam as well. Mobile Suit is stretch although who doesn't love them some Amuro vs. Char if they are Gundam fans. Love me some Ronin Warriors, Zatch Bell, Transformers, Zoids Chaotic & New Century, Ranma 1/2 (which I don't know why they never aired it). And many others.

New shows I'd like to see is.

- Darker Than Black
    - Soul Eater
    - Gundam AGE
    - Gundam Unicorn OVA
    - Star Driver

Probably more as well.

I could definitely see Soul Eater, and I would appreciate Unicorn but I feel like with such a short amount of time to show things would they show something longer like that? I mean I would love it because it's my favorite Gundam series haha.

Years
    Unless they stick only to Saturday nights xD. Which I guess if it gets like it used to they may have it weekdays again. Hopefully the timeslots go back to what they used to, so it may insure more viewership.

I don't see that happening unless they completely get rid of Adult Swim. The only place open for them then would be weekdays, and I can easily see one the Saturday ads- something like this-accidentally being played during the day, and that would cause all sorts of problems.

But one can hope, I guess.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't see that happening unless they completely get rid of Adult Swim. The only place open for them then would be weekdays, and I can easily see one the Saturday ads- something like this-accidentally being played during the day, and that would cause all sorts of problems.

I don't think I've ever seen them mess up even when a commercial airs...I think that's a small enough issue that it wouldn't be something that would determine whether or not they'd bring it back to weekdays, lol.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years

I could definitely see Soul Eater, and I would appreciate Unicorn but I feel like with such a short amount of time to show things would they show something longer like that? I mean I would love it because it's my favorite Gundam series haha.
    AS and Toonami Anime blocks have been known to show movies such as Inuyasha, Batman, and so on. So I don't see it out of the question. Unfortunately the likelihood of Seed being shown is greater then Unicorn.

Yeah neither do I, I just wish it would happen.

Oh and one show I wish they did renew at the time was Samurai Champloo. Mugen is such as BA character.

Years

I don't think I've ever seen them mess up even when a commercial airs...I think that's a small enough issue that it wouldn't be something that would determine whether or not they'd bring it back to weekdays, lol.

Eh, it could happen >_>;; I'm probably just over thinking it, but it's a scenario I can see happening. Although, I suppose if they really wanted to they could do a Midnight Run/Rising Sun type deal, if anything. That way it wouldn't completely get rid of AS, but it could still be aired.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
    The guy in charge (not Steve) said he will answer questions via Twitter Monday but not the lineup. That should be kinda helpful.

Years
    I hope the line up is more traditional, a la Toonami's golden age of Gundam, DBZ, Ruroni Kenshin, Big-O, etc. But I'm still just glad to have it back as is.

Years
    So last night, they showed this promo, and it looks like they've updated the Saturday lineup.

So if any of this is to be taken seriously (the promo is obviously a joke), it looks like they'll be showing Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins, and they could be considering Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, too.

EDIT: Looks like it's legit.. They're looking into more things, but they'll need more funding/better ratings before they can do anything else. Good to see they're at least looking into stuff, anyway, and I'm glad we're getting what we're getting.

Last edited:

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
    I'm glad with the two new shows too. Let's all support it to give them good ratings :) Its a win win. Give money to Toonami by watching Toonami and then later on get new shows for Toonami. :)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Well Naruto and DBZ are out of the question, not too bummed about that but it would have been nice too see DBZ for people haven't watched in years. The vibe I got from the whole this is they are definitely strapped for cash its up to the viewers to up the ratings so they can invest more money into it. I am fan with Casshern Sins, but I am iffy on Deadman Wonderland... If they got One Piece, Gundam Wing, Inuyasha Final Act(which they already have the rights to Inuyasha), Fairy Tail would be nice too as I have never seen it. Not high on the line up, but at least its a beginning.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
    I saw a few clips from Wonderland and think it fits tbh. Its short like 12 eps so thats a safe series to do. Funimation just revealed the cast list today so they must of gotten the series fast. I have a feeling Funimation is planning to really team up with Toonami which will be nice. As for the funds we can only watch and have the ratings go up. I'm guessing in about a year if we stay faithful it will get good.

Years
    The only thing I'm worried about is that Deadman Wonderland isn't all that good, from what I've been hearing. Casshern Sins, on the other hand, I've heard nothing but good things about. We'll see.

Oh, and just for fun- COUNTDOWN TO TOONAMI.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
    The only thing I'm worried about is that Deadman Wonderland isn't all that good, from what I've been hearing. Casshern Sins, on the other hand, I've heard nothing but good things about. We'll see.

I think Deadman wonderland is a gift from Funimation. It was just announced a dub is made yesterday so I'm thinking Funimation plans to really team up with Toonami and have them air some of there newer series. Funi has been getting a lot of those 11 episode series lately so tbh it could be good for Toonami and Funi with this partnership.

With that said I reallllyyyy want a Heroman dub to air

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I saw a few clips from Wonderland and think it fits tbh. Its short like 12 eps so thats a safe series to do. Funimation just revealed the cast list today so they must of gotten the series fast. I have a feeling Funimation is planning to really team up with Toonami which will be nice. As for the funds we can only watch and have the ratings go up. I'm guessing in about a year if we stay faithful it will get good.
    I think they were already having preliminary plans with Funimation as early as the April 1st showing. Shows they did after all use it to promote various Funimation box sets. A partner ship between the too would definitely be a good route to take. It would essentially serve as a part Funimation Network. Cause when you see an anime some times especially when I was watching on TV I was like "I want to re-watch this and have it in hand" so if they say "well if you liked this you can find the episodes on dvd released at this said time". Then at the bottom in may show a few available stores they are selling them out.

Yeah I think Casshern will do already, its just Deadman Wonderland I have a concern about, I will give it a try. It is 12 episodes after all so it shouldn't be too bad if I don't like it. They will probably plug other stuff in soon enough pending on the factors of the time.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Oh, great, a piece of my childhood returns ! Though I've never heard of Casshern I'm intrested to try these two anime. I'm hoping for Fairy tail to be added in later. Inuyasha final Act would be nice too! Also does anyone think they'll move Bleach into Toonami time now?

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
    Oh, great, a piece of my childhood returns ! Though I've never heard of Casshern I'm intrested to try these two anime. I'm hoping for Fairy tail to be added in later. Inuyasha final Act would be nice too! Also does anyone think they'll move Bleach into Toonami time now?

It already is Toonami time. Bleach is at 12 and Toonami starts at 12.

So Bleach is what DBZ was for the old Toonami it seems. With it being a long running shonen and all. TBH I try to get into it and its hard. I liked it till they saved Rukia and idk after that it was all ugh... Maybe I missed to many eps or I end up catching to many fillers and not the story itself.

Back