• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toonami Came Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    More news.

Apparently on April 22, Adult Swim released 2 more bumps, one of which said "[We're still listening]".

YouTube

watch?v=Lz5Yz7sBjEc

watch?v=aveCLUogt_Y

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    More news.

Apparently on April 22, Adult Swim released 2 more bumps, one of which said "[We're still listening]".

YouTube

Well, I'm glad that the network is at least acknowledging the recently-sparked 2012 campaign for Toonami... Here's hoping that the Toonami block gets brought back on Cartoon Network.

Although if they were truly listening before, they would have noticed all the fan output the day Toonami got canceled and retool the block to be "better" (not like there was anything wrong with Toonami in the first place). >.>

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    Well here's some news: Jason DeMarco, one of the creators of Toonami, has been promoted in Turner Broadcasting System as "VP of strategic marketing and promotions for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim."

I wonder what this could mean?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    Well here's some news: Jason DeMarco, one of the creators of Toonami, has been promoted in Turner Broadcasting System as "VP of strategic marketing and promotions for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim."

I wonder what this could mean?

Things are getting interesting. Its been less then a month since they aired the re Toonami and so much things related to it are going on. Hoping that we get news this summer or fall.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    Just a reminder: tonight we will be attempting to get #BringBackToonami trending again on Twitter. If you want to participate, join us at 10pm EDT, 9 CDT, 8 MDT, and 7 PDT & MST. Don't be late!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    From what I can tell...

They're still continuing their MEGA FAILURE.

I hope they enjoy losing MILLIONS of viewers with no one to blame but themselves for being the immature trolls they truly are.

=/

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    Well, judging by Jason DeMarco's twitter account I would say he supports the #BringBackToonami campaign. However, you won't see him saying that because:

@OriginalKevinW Can't. I work there, that **** is not allowed. Trust me, I'm doing what I can in my OWN way.

So he supports the cause, and will be behind us all the way.

Last edited:

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    From what I can tell...

They're still continuing their MEGA FAILURE.

I hope they enjoy losing MILLIONS of viewers with no one to blame but themselves for being the immature trolls they truly are.

=/

You do realize they can't just bring it back in a month. right? It takes time to plan the line up,get the rights to a new show,talk to the board etc. Its only been about a month now since they gave the option of even bringing it back. They also need to get Steve and work around his con lineup. Thinking they will bring it back in just a month or two is just foolish. The most logical time would be the fall or maybe early 2013.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I guess.

But I just don't see it happening since Adult Swim don't give a **** about their fans or what they want.

They're immature trolls and they've proven that FINALLY AT LAST WHICH TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH.

So you know... there's that.

=/

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2012
    O.K. Guys, listen up tonight we could really use your help at #BringBackToonami, so here are the times!

Toonami Came Back!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Nope not doing something like that just to do something like that.

It won't work anyway.

They don't care what their fans want and they never will.

They are immature trolls.

That is why they are nothing but a bunch of MEGA FAILURES.

=/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Right, I'm shutting this down.

This used to be a good thread; a thread about a nice April Fool's joke that a TV network pulled on its viewers. The thread was full of hope, and optimism and all of those other good emotions that good threads on this forum have. And then the original fuss died down, the atmosphere turned sour, and the thread became toxic. Instead of hopeful speculation, the most common words uttered were 'MEGA FAILURE'; instead of wishful optimism, hollow Twitter campaigns were shamefully advertised. This thread has been running on fumes for nearly a month now, and I - in a moment of naivety - thought that market forces would intervene and the good posters would come back. Unfortunately, that has not happened.

So I'm shutting this mother down.

Taro Tanaka, I apologise for letting your thread go into such disrepair. Although I'm closing this thread, you - or anyone else for that matter - are more than welcome to create a new thread about the possible resurrection of Toonami. As long as it does not contain the following:

1. Advertisements to fruitless Twitter campaigns to save the show, or any other social media 'event'.
    2. The words MEGA FAILURE or, for that matter, any sardonic, bitter, hateful commentary on the progress - if any - of any potential resurrection.
    If any of the above rules are breached, I will infract on sight. No warnings: just infractions.

I'm sorry that it had to come to this, but without further ado:

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back