• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TOONAMI

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    Does anybody remember Toonami? Im pretty sure that was most of my generations introduction to anime! That's where I used to watch Pokemon and of course who could forget DBZ!

What was your favorite show/memory on Toonami?

Years
  • Oooh, Toonami. Those were the days.

I remember I used to tune in every day for Tenchi Muyo. I loved that show.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I used to watch every day after soon when it wasn't on the Saturday night line up. Then I was so stroked every Saturday night. I can't really pick a favorite since I loved so much of them.

Gundam Wing, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Rave Master, Ronin Warriors, G Gundam, Transformers Armada, Beast Wars: Transformers, Zatch Bell, Zoids Chaotic and New, Justice League. <3 almost all Toonami programing. I'd say Naruto, but I really don't care for the anime anymore all about the manga.

Heck I could even watch their promos for hours(Peter Cullen <3), just good all around stuff.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Oh god I miss Toonami so much, my favorite shows on there were DBZ, IGPX, Gundam Wing, Zoids Chaotic Century, Transformers Armada, Beast Wars and of course G Gundam back then to name a few lol.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Dragonball Z actually got me into Toonami. That was the best action anime ever. Don't care what anyone says lol

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I was originally going to leave this here, but as the subject has turned specifically to the anime component of Toonami, I'll move it to Japanese Entertainment. If it becomes more neutrally focused, I'm sure digi will move it back here.

Moving on up

FWIW, I used to really like the Toonami channel that was broadcast in the UK, before it turned into the abortion that is CN Too. Ugh...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I missed Toonami. I remember watching Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball-Z and Zoids on it every weekend. The special effects were very cool too. It was one of the best cartoon segments ever created.

Back