• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 5 Mega Evolved Pokemon Stat-Wise And Why?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    First off, I'd like to apologize for not being active. My internet was down for a bit (though I'm sure nobody noticed).

I haven't gotten too into the mega evolved Pokemon yet, and being that I'm starting competitive play I'd like to have a standout member of my team.

So what would you guys rank as your Top 5 Favorite Mega Evolved Pokemon and why? Remember, base your choices on stats because while of course everybody wants an attractive Pokemon, they usually don't win in competitive play.

Once you're past the stats, feel free to add your opinion on the appearance.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    1-5) Mega Beedrill... It needs no explanation, it is the god of gods, the mega of megas. It is Mega Beedrill the Mighty!

P.S. It finally makes Beedrill usable

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    1-5) Mega Beedrill... It needs no explanation, it is the god of gods, the mega of megas. It is Mega Beedrill the Mighty!

P.S. It finally makes Beedrill usable

Elaborate more please. Mega Beedrill has horrible Defense.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Elaborate more please. Mega Beedrill has horrible Defense.

Max speed, max attack, give it the following 4 moves:
    Drill run, poison jab, twinneddles, protect.

When mega evolving (turn 1) use protect so you don't die. After that, you can take out a decent amount pf others. No, it is not the best, but it is decent.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • There's Mega Rayquaza but that one is a legend...
    Then there's the Hoenn pseudo pair Mega Metagross and Mega Salamence. Mega Metagross gains a boost in speed and it's defenses as well as it's special attack and a minor boost to it's attack plus it has a great ability that makes it's Meteor Smashes hit hard. Mega Salamence gains a boost in it's defenses I beleive and a minor boost in attack too but it's ability makes up for it.
    Mega Blaziken is also good, it get's great boost in it's offenses plus it's speed is boosted every turn, so if one uses protect turn one it'll be ready to sweep upon next turn's notice. It's a good thing this thing lacks access to healing moves (as far as I'm aware) or it'll join Mega Rayquaza's tier...

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Max speed, max attack, give it the following 4 moves:
    Drill run, poison jab, twinneddles, protect.

When mega evolving (turn 1) use protect so you don't die. After that, you can take out a decent amount pf others. No, it is not the best, but it is decent.

Twineedle is horribly weak, even with Adaptability taken in account. The poison chance isn't worth it either; Poison Jab does your poisoning for you anyways. U-turn is the preferred Bug STAB to scout for attacks.

Anyway, stat-wise, it's Gallade. Its Defense got buffed enough so it won't get KOed by virtually every decently-powered physical hit.

Years
  • Mega Salamence. I've seen people use dragon dance first turn and just sweep the next turns. Salamence already had great base stats.
    Mega Metagross is also great based on stats.
    A lot of people have also used Kangaskhan. Its mega hits twice with any attack. Which is amazing cuz you can get past focus sashed/sturdy pokemon.
    Mega Lucario is still a great sweeper.
    Mega Venusaur is a great bulky pokemon with good sp atk. Its thick fat ability makes it lose its weakness to fire and ice. Which is huge in the metagame.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2015
    mega rayquaza i guess... really strong

there is mega-mewto as well

and mega salamance... another powerfull one

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm going to have to agree with everyone that have said Mega-Rayquaza is strongest.

Legendaries are generally powerful, but in comparison to mega-form of other legends--Mewtwo, for example, which has two--Mega-Rayquaza surpasses them all, in almost each and every way. Competitively, this Pokémon has majorly helped introducing a brand new tier, if I'm not mistaken, which would be Anything Goes.

Aside from that, I feel Mega-Mewtwo is going to have to be second on the list, with Mega-Charizard X being third (something else could take this position, though; I need to do a little more research on it to figure it all out). Honorable mentions go to Mega-Salamence, Mega-Gyarados, and Mega-Abomasnow.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    From a VGC perspective, I think the main threats are Mega Kangskhan (I don't think I have to explain this one), Mega Mawile (amazing in trick room, huge power, etc.), Mega Metagross (great offence and surprisingly fast), Mega Salamence (amazing stats, can go either physical or special) and Mega Gyarados (World Champion used it after all). Other strong ones are Venusaur for the bulk, Charizard Y for Sun teams, Swampert for Rain teams, Heracross is great with Trick room or Icy Wind support. Gardevoir has that powerful Hyper Voice. Mega Gengar can be good for trapping and perish song shenanigans too.

Years
  • A lot of people have already commented on the most notable ones I can think of, like the ones that were banned (Kangaskhan, Mawile and Salamence), and there's Mega Gyarados, and the two Mega Mewtwos alongside them. Not much to say other than them, to be blunt.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Mega Rayquaza seems completely indestructable. Only hope to eliminate it seems to be using a Slaking with Choice band, using hyper beam and PRAY it gets a critical hit.

Back