• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 6 Generation Favorites

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    This is not going to be easy for me at all. But I shall try. I am going to try avoid using legends though.

1. Favorite Pokemon from Kanto
    Arcanine, I will have to go with this pokemon. I did not like it very much until my friends from high school started talking about how much she loved this pokemon and eventually, I turned to love it. Though I never use it much for battles.

2. Favorite Pokemon from Johto
    Donphan, when Johto came out, my favorite animal was an elephant. Donphan, to me, has one of the better designs for Johto. I really hope he gets a mega soon.

3. Favorite Pokemon from Hoenn
    Now this one is really really hard for me. I love mostly every pokemon from this generation. So it is not easy for me to choose this. I am going to have to go with Latios and Latias. They were some of the very first Hoenn pokemon I seen and I fell in love with those two. I can't split them up because they are a pair.

4. Favorite Pokemon from Sinnoh
    I did not like many of the pokemon this generation, but Lucario is by far my favorite of these pokemon. I have always loved Lucario sense I first saw it.

5. Favorite Pokemon from Unova
    At the start of this generation, my favorite was Braviary because my favorite type of bird is an eagle, however, through the generations, my favorite pokemon from 5th Gen would have to be Krookorok. He just looks amazing in design and the anime just made me like it even more. I also love the fact that it can learn Dragon Claw.

6. Favorite Pokemon from Kalos
    I liked most of the pokemon from this generation as well and it is hard to pick between three. However I think the winner is Aegislash. I love swords and when I seen this pokemon, I knew I had to have it. Greninja comes in a very close 2nd though.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Favorite Kanto Pokemon:

An obvious choice, I know. But you've got to admit that this is a cool pokemon. Everything about him is a prime example of why pokemon is my favorite Handheld series. His design is simple but not underdone, and his personality is tough and confident.
    Favorite Johto Pokemon:

The only pokemon that could make something like zubat bearable. Imagine how annoying getting a zubat in a nuzlocke would be if he didn't evolve into this speedy but hard-hitting beast of a bat. This is also one of the only poison types I actively like.
    Favorite Hoenn Pokemon:

It was a tough decision between this guy and his brother dragon, flygon, but in the end, Shenron had to take the spot. His typing isn't entirely unique, but he wields it well, and is my favorite extreme speed user.
    Favorite Sinnoh Pokemon:

I love everything about this pokemon. She's graceful, powerful, and has a pretty cool design, despite "Floating Kimono" being a decently apt description of it. Not to mention she has a good typing and a few good abilities to match.
    Favorite Unova Pokemon:

Who didn't see this coming? Unova was very hit-or-miss for me. The pokemon in it that I liked, I loved. The pokemon I didn't like I hate with intensity. Meloetta manages to be unique, strong, adorable, and versatile at the same time, and has a super speedy second form she can punch in faces with.
    Favorite Kalos Pokemon:

Okay, here's the obvious one. Remember all the cool stuff I said about charizard? Put all of that on a purple sound dragon, mix in a little crobat, and you've got the biggest reason I love noivern. Besides, look at that tail. This thing was built for murder.

Last edited:
    Years
    Kanto -

Didn't care for many Kanto Pokemon, so this one was easier compared to the next tow regions. Dewgong wasn't my favorite for a long time; I would even say I overlooked her. For many years I was obsessed with Flareon, and the rest of my team were just randoms that I didn't particularly enjoy. Recently, I've taken quite the liking to Dewgong and used it as my water type in White 2.

Johto -

This was a bit tougher, as Johto is my second favorite region. Many Pokemon could have stolen this spot, but I went with what has always been close to the top of my list of favorite Pokemon. I have at least twenty Pokemon cards of Flaaffy, and since the second movie was released, I've always been in love with it. Ampharos, although still a great Pokemon that I've utilized many times, just didn't deliver on what I was hoping for. :[

Hoenn -

The most difficult decision came here, because Hoenn has grown to become my favorite region by far. Honorable mentions include Flygon, Gardevoir, Masquerain, Mawile, and Swampert, but Absol takes the cake. Its design is majestic, powerful, and beautiful. Again, its presence in one of the movies helped solidify this decision. Overall, a wonderful concept and one of the best Dark types in the game.

Sinnoh -

Sinnoh is my least favorite region, so not too time consuming to pick one. Azelf always intrigued me, after I had used it as my utility Pokemon in competitive battling for a while. Eventually, I began to use it in-game, and I personally wish it wasn't a legendary, because I would've caught one early in the games to use if it hadn't been. Still, takes the Sinnoh spot.

Unova -

The easiest decision of them all; Mienshao is my favorite Pokemon and so, obviously, it's my favorite from Unova. There's so many things I could say about its design or appearance, but its niche comes in battle. Usually, the Pokemon I like aren't necessarily strong, but Mienshao packs a serious punch, and crushed the Unova League almost by herself. A brief stint in OU tops of the résumé of an amazingly useful and gorgeous pokemon.

Kalos -

Not a huge pool to pick from, but Skrelp caught my eye the moment I saw it. Unlike Spritzee, its evolution didn't fail to meet my expectations. In fact, Dragalge exceeded them. Unique typing, sleek design, and a nice movepool make for quite the Pokemon. Only drawback is, just by looking at it, one would think Dragalge is at least moderately fast. Unfortunately, those who think so would be far from right. Dragalge is annoyingly slow, which greatly cripples his capabilities. Nontheless, he's one of my favorite Pokemon!

Back