• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Topic Starter/OP Tag affixed to posts in threads?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
  • Hello again, everyone!

While perusing other forums I had discovered a handy feature implemented that allowed users to quickly identify a thread creator/topic starter/OP. Basically, this makes for seeing who originally started said thread easier. Yes, while in an index you can see the same information, but I could see this being even more helpful. Besides, with all the username changes (I'm not sure if username changes update the name of who starts a thread in the indexes, anyone know?) this might be helpful.

Just an idea, feel free to submit criticism/thoughts.

And I'll leave this post with an example picture...
    Topic Starter/OP Tag affixed to posts in threads?

Years
  • I personally don't like this idea.

If you want to see the topic starter, just look at the thread from the index, like you said. And, we have a lot of threads where the topic starter may only post the OP. Also, all threads made by a user will will always say the user's current name as the topic starter, so no worries with name changes screwing things up. And, most people don't really pay attention to the topic starter, they just pay attention to the topic itself.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • i quite like the idea but i dunno how we'd implement it without it looking kinda ugly. remember that some users have userbars and whatnot too and we don't want our postbits to get crowded since they're what a lot of people spend much of their time looking at. my view on things is that pc is already absolutely overloaded with little features and i dunno how much i wanna add more to it without at least having a review of what's outdated / pointless / obsolete first. so it'd be a no from me for now, probably. it's a good idea but it's not a priority or something i feel like we've much real need to include right now.

I'm not sure if username changes update the name of who starts a thread in the indexes, anyone know?

yeah they update pretty much everything

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I think it would be an interesting and probably useful feature for art threads, Trade shops, and ROM hacking threads. But for some forums, like General Chat, Forum Games, or A&M, the topic starter is mostly irrelevant.

If we do this at all, it'd be better to have an option to specify whether to show OP in your postbit when posting a thread.

Spoiler:

Back