• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Totodile? Cyndaquil? or Chikorita

Which Starter You Gonna Choose!

• Totodile

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 23 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2010
    I choose Totodile, Mostly because I love him so much
    And that Fire types are way overused
    :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Quilava is one of my favorite Pokemon, but I love the Totodile line. I'm getting Soul Silver in Japanese and then I'm getting both HG and SS in English when they're released here, so I could easily start with all three, but...I don't know. I guess I'll start with Mr. Cyndaquil on Jap. SS and play eeny meeny miney moe for the English ones.

latios09

Super Event Trader
    Years
  • This is a hard choice. I usually lean toward the water type, but the other two look cuter. I guess it would have to be Cyndaquil.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I pick my starter based off of what my rival will choose, since I don't really use my starter ever. I get Chikorita so my Furret can finish off my rival's Typhlosion with Surf or Dig.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    either cyndaquil or chikorita havent quite decided yet - i am leaning more towards cyndaquil

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    what i am going to do is have cyndaquil in soul silver and chickorita is Heart Gold, and (Because i know it will happen) in the crystal remake i will have totodile

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    I'm also importing and if I have my way, I'll get whatever starter my little sister wants and trade it away for either a Dratini or a Trapinch. o3o

I don't really like using the generic starters and Dratini's cooler but if for some reason this plan doesn't work out, Chikorita. Because I'm...cool like that?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    lol Just what I expected...it''s mostly between Cyndaquil and Totodile, but I'd go with Totodile =]

Rain

Years
  • Chikorita! It's my favourite out of all of the Johto starters and I usually always pick the grass starter.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    typhlosion is epic

so im going with Cyndaquil <3
    I always chose the fire types anyways though x3

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Chikorita happens to be my favorite Pokemon, so there's not much competition. If it weren't for Falkner and Bugsy, I'd pick without a moment's hesitation. However, I'd rather have no trouble on my first playthrough, so I might go for the water type for once in my life (Totodile is the only water starter I like).

Back