• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toughest E4 member

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
  • Did you thought a day that you will be the champion of the league, and after that you lost to the champion's/elite 4's battle?
    Note:
    If you wanna explain about Pokemon Black or White, don't talk about the 1st round for the elite four, explain about the 2nd because there you will battle Alder.
    Mine reaction:
    At Crystal, I lost to Karen alot! My team wasn't trained even!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I don't get it. Is this a thread about losing to the E4 a lot or...?

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
  • No problems for me on my most recent playthrough (fire red) as I grinded my team to lv. 60 the first time around and then lv. 70 for the next run through, also, having a Chansey/Blissey saved me from having to buy a million max potions

Years
  • I remember the first time I fought the E4 on HeartGold. I usually just grinded my starter and another Pokemon and breezed through the game, but I had made the effort to make a balanced team on HeartGold and my team stood at around Lv. 45 each. I figured I could beat Lance as I had Mamoswine on my team, as well as the rest of the Elite Four, but I was in for a rude awakening when Bruno's Machamp tore through my team, beating even Ho-Oh with the use of Rock Slide.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    The only that I got problems have is Lance from firered.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I had problems with Cynthia's Garchomp in Diamond because of how overleveled it was at that point in the game. (level 66 at the end of the storyline is just asking for trouble).

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • First run through of the original red/blue ever. I had just barely beaten Lance's Pwnage Dragonite, and learned I still had to face Gary "Mother" Oak and I was like crap....I had a Charizard at level 61 I believe and used my one full restore to get it to full health. I was like there was no way I could beat him like this. I got lucky and took down most of his team with barely a scratch on my Charizard. Blastoise came out, and took my Charizard down to like 4HP with one Hydro Pump. I got lucky and comboed a fire spin (4 turn) with a slash. He missed a hydro pump that would have finished me, and a did one more slash and finished his Blastoise off. It took me forever to get to that point, with like a hundred run throughs of the elite four. I always lost at Lance, and then my first time facing the champion and beat him with one pokemon at a disadvantage and I was like hell YEAZZ!!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Can we like...lol not talk about the Champion battles? There's already a thread for who was the hardest Champion to beat, so if you're gonna ramble about that, just post in that thread. Otherwise these are the same things. I'm going to change the title, since this one is...misleading. But let's keep this discussion about the toughest E4 member, not Champion.

Anyway, I found all the Hoenn E4 to be difficult. My dumbass self didn't SAVE IN FRONT OF THEM THOUGH. So I'd lose to one, train and know what to do next time, win, then lose against the next. Rinse and repeat. Yay for not saving! I was just hardcore, clearly. Karen was also a pain in the bushes. That Houndoom destroyed my Water type. I don't remember how. Maybe I was just THAT bad. Oh. And Shauntal's Chandelure. Don't EVEN get me started. Sinnoh E4 was laughable.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Oh man the only E4 person I've had problem with was Cynthia. Her Garchomp and Milotic always took out my team so quickly in Diamond I thought I'd never beat her. I'm glad in Platinum they reduced her level of toughness by a bit.

Also theres an E4 member with a protect/Double Team/ (I think Toxic? Not Sure) Quagsire that I've always had trouble against.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • An another pain at the ***. Marshal's Conkeldurr, or Mienshao was like: LMAOOMGXDROFL. Conkeldurr kicked my Unfezant's whole body! at the 1st turn. Or maybe Throh or Sawk. Used my Serperior and Marshal became like: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I DIDNT BECAME ALDER'S WARRIOR! Nice music plays and WHOOP!
    And at the 1st time I visited the league, Shauntal's Chandelure or Golurk were the same: LMAOOMGXDROFL.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Agatha in Red/Blue, though perhaps my youth at the time had more to do with my losses than actual difficulty.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    hardest for me was 3rd gens pheobe. my lack of a dark/ghost type really made her hard for me.

almost all others were easy/ok for me. but certain pokemon pissed me off...
    SS: Karens Umbreon and Lances Gyrados in rematch. umbreon is a damn tank when i fought it and if gyrados landed 1 DragonDance... all my pkes were toast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back