• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Toughest Elite 4 Member?

Pillodox

Ruff
    Years
    Which member of the Kalos Elite 4 gave you the most trouble. The water type one was the hardest for me. His Gyarados was a nightmare.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    The fire type Malava
    I didn't expect that damn Chandelure to nearly destroy my team.

Years
    Gyrados was a little bit of a bother but one good thunderbolt could take him down but I think the toughest guy for me was Clauncher, he had a super effective attack against every one of my guys and each of them was a KO.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Wikstrom. Not because he was hard, but this stupid Sturdy/Full Heal of Probopass and Aegislash's King's Shield prevented me from finishing off every Pokemon with one turn. It took forever...

Easiest was Malva because my Greninja onehited every Pokemon of her with Surf.

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    Wikstrom my teamm is absolutely useless against steel types.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    On my first save file, I literally had zero problem with anything or anyone except Siebold's Gyarados and that was because I lacked an Electric-type and the first time I battled him, he set up Dragon Dance twice so I knew it was over. I never invested time in Helioptile/Helioslisk, and I knew I'd regret it, haha. The second time was easier though since I knew what to expect.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Yeah Siebold's Gyrados was a big pain for me as we'll due to a lack of electric moves.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    None of them really gave me that hard of a time, but that's mostly because most of my guys were already in the level 70s when I took them on. However, I'd have to say the hardest of them was either Drasna or Wikstrom. Both of them had Pokémon that were tougher than I had expected and had a type advantage against the Pokémon that I had planned to use against their teams. Wikstrom's Aegislash was hard to take out when it could strike so effectively against my Delphox and Drasna's Dragalge almost knocked out my Florges.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Mine was the steel type. I had a everything planned out, except a Pokemon for that type.

Years
    I struggled a bit against Malva due to the typing of my party, but I still took her our first try. I OHKO'd the rest of the E4 so it was really easy overall.

Years
    Wikstrom, seeing as I had only one Pokemon that was not either weak to Steel or lacked any effective moves against Steel-types. But even then I wouldn't say it was any difficulty defeating him or any of the E4 since I was overleveled by the time I got to them.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
    I had every person planned out except for the Water guy but I taught Xerneas Big Root and gave him an Absorb Bulb. The Champion was the hardest Member for me.

Years
    Wikstrom was the only member that gave me trouble. I'm not all the experienced when dealing with steel types, and the only party member I had to deal with them was Talonflame and his Flame Charge. Besides him, the rest were a breeze.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, the hardest Elite Four member was Malva. All of her Pokémon were quite difficult to take down, but the most challenging would probably have to be Talonflame. This Pokémon was extremely speedy, and had a lot of powerful moves in its moveset, including Brave Bird, Quick Attack, and Flare Blitz. With Brave Bird, it was able to take out my Blastoise and Espeon in an instant. Thanks to Flare Blitz, it had the chance to defeat Chesnaught, Dusknoir, and Scizor. Scizor was able to survive for a tun, surprisingly, but Talonflame had it finished off in an instant with Quick Attack. d: Her Pyroar was also pretty tough. It was able to get through many of my Pokémon simply with Wild Charge. To finally defeat Malva, I had to rely on a lot of recovery items.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Siebold was the only one who gave me any difficulty. I had some difficulty with his Clawitzer for some reason.

Ig Pokemon Lover

The Mighty Scizor
    Years
    To me it was that Water e4 Siebood or something like that. His gyarados pack a punch on first play through he always fainted all of mine. Second play through this time brought my handy dandy Raichu and knocked that old buffoon out.

Years
    I agree with OP that the water bloke was the hardest. Ugh. My Charizard swept the steel-types, Hydreigon swept the Dragon and Greninja swept the fire-types. But ugh that Gyrados!
    Beat it on the first turn but it took out like 3 of my team members in the process then i remembered that Gengar had Thunderbolt and yeah.

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
    My Blastoise was able to take down every E$ Member by itself except for Wikstrom. All he had was Surf, Ice Beam, Iron Defense, and I *think* Dark Pulse. I had to ue my Chesnaught for Wikstrom, and his Aegislash took 4 turns to KO. So I guess it was Wikstrom.

Back