• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toughest Elite Four?

Years
    • Seen today
    Which elite four group (or specific members) do you find the most challenging?

I got stuck on Drake in hoenn all the time. Would always need to get Rayquaza. When I got better at the games he wasn't such an issue.

Bertha ended one of my rare nuzlocke attempts in platinum. So much type coverage...

VYaFiz6.png

Years
  • Sinnoh's, their Pokémon teams are good and can survive some pretty strong hits. They also hit decently hard. I don't think I struggled with many overall, but Sinnoh's was definitely the toughest for me! Followed by Hoenn, I think?

Years
  • Sinnoh, definitely. They are all quite hard, but Lucian is always a nightmare for me. I m scared of that man lol
    I think Hoenn is quite difficult too. Drake is hard, but not too much. It's hard because he's the last one. Phoebe and Glacia are quite a challenge. The other difficult one is Unova, I guess. I have heard people saying it's a difficult league. I haven't played the games much, but I haven't had much difficulty. Overall, Sinnoh imo is the most difficult.

Years
    • Online now
    Asuming we play fair with the levels and other gameplay aspects:

1. BDSP
    2. B2W2 Challenge mode
    3. Platinum

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm gonna go with Sinnoh's too. All of them are well balanced, leveled properly to what the player character should be, have unique and interesting move sets, and really compliment one another - especially in Platinum.

Years
  • I'll just go with the moments in the E4 that made me struggle:
    -I remember a lot of freeze hax in gen 1's E4 with Lorelei lol
    -Glacia in gen 3's E4 also had a bunch of it xD
    -Aside from those Lucian is the only E4 to make me struggle with that dang Alakazam.

I'll go with Gen 3 or Gen 1 because I've actually lost a couple times to the Freeze Hax, whereas Lucian's Alakazam has yet to wipe me.

Years
  • ^I totally get that! Hoenn's was tough for me sometimes since Phoebe does well at tanking hits with her Dusclops and lowering your PP with Pressure, Glacia's Pokémon are also good at taking hits and dishing them back out, and Drake was outright unfair sometimes with his overpowered dragons (like Salamence). I learned to deal with it by overleveling and always having ice types with me for Drake, but still have some (kind of fond) memories of struggling haha.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Definitely the BDSP Elite four that fucking Guts Heracross with a Toxic/Flame Orb (I already forget), I hate you. Definitely one of the hardest Elite Fours I have ever battled through! I will say it again, but I was not expecting quite literally competitive battle teams in the Elite Four in a remake, of all things. That was quite the struggle. The fact remains that I hope I never have to face an Elite Four that strong ever again until post game, thank you.

Also, the original R/B elite four. For me, especially, since it was really difficult.

Hoenn was definitely pretty difficult, too, but I just powered through with Sableye the last time I played, tbh, so it wasn't all that bad getting down to it. Definitely one of the more difficult ones, though.

Would also say a lot of the rematch Elite Four teams are something else, but not as difficult if you have a strategy.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    For actual difficulty, unova, for my hate of them, johnto. Beat it in only a few trys try through cheese that probably took hours.

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
  • Sinnoh (Platinum) wasn't that bad for me, although Aaron and Lucian were quite tricky. Unova though.... I'll just let the Energy Ball Chandelure do the talking.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I never really struggled with any Elite Four that I could recall, but the most challenging was probably the Hoenn Elite Four during the remakes, mainly during the rematch. I also recall Steven Stone being the most challenging Champion for me too during this time period. The thing is, in almost every Pokémon game I played, I always effortless breezed through the games, but this was perhaps the first time I felt that I was going to lose to an NPC.

Back