• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Toughest Gym/E4?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    which Gym/E4 was the toughest to beat?

Gym:
    Pastoria City
    Crasher Wake
    Water Gym
    Fen Badge

E4:
    E2 Bertha
    Water-Ground Trainer

Champ:
    Cynthia
    uses wide range of pokemon

Wake was hardest as i had infernape as my strongest and luxray that only knew spark until i tough it shock wave i trained it abit...
    and i lost 3 times on my 4th try i beat him.

Bertha coz hard to defeat water and ground especially if u have an infernape ...

Cynthia coz i forgot 2 use potion's before match i thought u could use them wen u get into the room. had a wide range of pokemon some were extremely hard 2 beat

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    i've played platinum only in my mono bug, but crasher wake and flint (of course) were definetely the hardest. volkner wasnt easy too, since almost all bugs are semi-flying

Years
  • which Gym/E4 was the toughest to beat?

Gym:
    Pastoria City
    Crasher Wake
    Water Gym
    Fen Badge

E4:
    E2 Bertha
    Water-Ground Trainer

Champ:
    Cynthia
    uses wide range of pokemon

Wake was hardest as i had infernape as my strongest and luxray that only knew spark until i tough it sock wave i trained it abit...
    and i lost 3 times on my 4th try i beat him.

Bertha coz hard to defeat water and ground especially if u have an infernape ...

Cynthia coz i forgot 2 use potion's before match i thought u could use them wen u get into the room. had a wide range of pokemon some were extremely hard 2 beat
    sockwave? you meant shock wave right? lol
    anyway hardest was Gardenia
    (she has a piplup)
    hardest e4/e5: cynthia the champion (e5 = e4 + champion lol)

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
  • Weird, in all of my years in pokemon I've never found anyone of the gym leaders/E4/Champs hard, I would always beat them in a matter of seconds. I've even tried a low level team and things still were too easy...

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I had a little bit of trouble with the ghost type gym leader. Can't recall her name at the moment. I ended up getting Grotle to repeatidly use curse before she brought out her highest level. That caused me to one hit her. From there it was smooth sailing.

Cynthia was pretty tough for me this time around. Our first fight in Pearl literally had me down to one pokemon with like 10 health left when it was over. That was a good fight. This time around her Garchomp was cutting through my team. I ended up repeatidly switching out Staraptor and Tauros to keep lowering its attack. It eventually became useless and I knocked it out and took out her last two pokemon with ease using my Staraptor and my Luxray.

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
  • For me, the only hard was the Water type for the E4.
    The other ones, I beat only using Empolian and its BubbleBeam

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    For me, the only hard was the Water type for the E4.
    The other ones, I beat only using Empolian and its BubbleBeam

i think he means Bertha coz thats the only E4 that uses water-gorund typer pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    unlucky for u i would say volkner was the easiest for me lolz

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    the only gym leader ive ever found hard was fantina in platinum x_X. i won with haunter though lol :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Fantina wow thats new lolz...
    yh i suppose most people have problems with Cynthia

Last edited:

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I've always had trouble with Whitney in G/S/C, Drake(I think) in R/S, Koga in FR/LG and Cynthia is the most powerful champion I've fought in all the games.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • As far as the Gym Leaders go, Maylene was annoying and difficult. Lucario being a Steel-Type definitely was annoying to defeat, despite having Pokemon that easily beat it. In Platinum, Candice posed a problem because, other than Infernape, half my team died to her entire team.

As far as the Elite Four, Cynthia obviously takes it for being the most well-rounded and difficult of the Elite Four. In Platinum, Flint and Lucian posed problems, especially Lucian, because I had to rely on Gliscor, who was low-level at the time, and he had un-STABbed super-effective attacks coming off a rather paltry Attack stat, and all of Lucian's Pokemon outpaced it. It didn't help that everything AT LEAST 2HKO'd Gliscor, making it switching in impossible. :\

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    yh ok cynthia is most hardest...
    candice it wasn't a problem for me the problem for me was the snowballs in the gym lolz...

Years
  • I found the last three members of the Elite Four hard (Flint, Lucian, Cynthia), but that was mainly because my pokemon were underleveled compared to theirs, so I'm not sure if that really counts. :s

However, I did have a ton of trouble with Gardenia. It's because I only had a Prinplup, and even if it was pretty high leveled, Gardenia was really annoying. That stupid Turtwig got like four critical hits in a row. -_-; Eventually I got lucky and got a critical on her Roserade. Then the rest of the game was easy. :P

Back