• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toughest video game enemy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Nihilanth from Half-Life by far, with the Gene Worm from Half-Life: Opposing Force following in second. The various bosses of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction are also tough to beat in their own rights, but they go down easily with proper preparation.

Sephiroth has NOTHING on Nihilanth. I don't care what you say.

luckyCHARMS

filler
    Years
    • Age 34
    • L.A.
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    the last boss from metroid hunters wus like trying to win the lotto .. i hate him/her/it/w.e.

nd his second form?! oh my .. it wus like trying to cut a steel pipe with a plastic spoon.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Nihilanth from Half-Life by far, with the Gene Worm from Half-Life: Opposing Force following in second. The various bosses of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction are also tough to beat in their own rights, but they go down easily with proper preparation.

i never finished half life i like to play enjoyable games

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Nihilanth from Half-Life by far, with the Gene Worm from Half-Life: Opposing Force following in second.

Seconded. That is completly true. The Gene Worm didnt take as long as the Nihilanth did but it was still hard to kill. Ive beaten Sephiroth many times and he has nothing on the Nihilanth. If you faced him you would know why. Since Half-Life doesn't pick up until you get to the chapter Powerup

Skelter

Sega Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2008
    hmmm....probably the last boss on Sonic the Hedghog 2, one hit and you're dead...it literally took me at least 3 hours to beat it.....

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
    Years
    Probably Giga Bowser on Smash Bros. Melee. Besides using Jigglypuff he is really hard the closest person I used was Sheik for stringing up combos. And I beat him on Normal and thats it....Very Hard mode in adventure mode...He kills.But Sonic 2 Boss is pretty hard too.(mostly final bosses that are timed are hard and scary)

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    ULTIMATE CHIMERA!!!

From Mother 3. It INSTANTLY killed you if you touched it. That's it. No matter how high your level was, it killed your party.

Also to the people that say Giga Bowser is hard, learn the Deus Ex combo.

Captain Falcon's knee into a Falcon Punch. If that doesn't work, learn to combo fast and hard with Marth and C. Falcon. They're top tier and can do some decent damage with their speed and attack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    The first boss in Rygar to NES was very hard, until I found out how to defeat it. It was shooting at you in all directions in front of itself, so it was hard to get near it to strike.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Master Hand and Crazy Hand took me forever to beat, finally beat them with my main, Kirby! The Giga Bowser event that followed was a pushover with Peach, though. Literally, Giga Bowser pushed Mewtwo and Ganondorf off the edge, get it? Ahah.

Emerl in Sonic Battle was kinda crazy at the end, being all super charged. Much the same Metal Sonic was in Sonic the Fighters.

Canary Mary is the most dastardly villain ever, though. EVER. Don't try to tell me it isn't really a fight, just get back to me when I figure out her grenade egg sheilding. D:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    There are two that I can think of off the top of my head.

Mother from La-Mulana. If you want to see why, go to the tube and see DeceasedCrab's LPs.

The final boss of Mushihimesama Futari on Ultra. Nobody that I know of has EVER beaten her without continues. And I think it's impossible to beat her without Revival turned on. There's just parts in the fight where you're gonna get hit, no matter how good of a player you are.

Oh, but you want to SEE this unholy beast of a boss, don't you? Well, here's a small glimpse.

Toughest video game enemy?

If you look really closely, you can actually see the player's ship on the bottom of the screen (it's yellow-ish). All those pink things are the enemy's bullets. And one more thing. This game is one-hit-kill, like most SHMUPS.

Last edited:

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
    Gotta be the fight with Kratos after you kill Remiel in Tales of Symphonia. Sooooo ebil, no time to heal at all T_T

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    October 27th, 2007

I really have to question as to why you'd revive something so far dead and so far back. >:

+locked+

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back