• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Touhou Discussion!

Years
  • Okay, so this is my first attempt at making a thread ^_^;;...
    This is a discussion about Touhou, the game series for Windows. Has anyone hear played/still play this amazing series of Danmaku(Bullet Heck) style shooting games?

Basically, the best way to describe it is this.
    You play as an asian schoolgirl of your choice. (I say schoolgirl because they all look from the ages of 12-17, even though most of them don't go to school or aren't even human for that matter).
    And you fly around the screen. you have infinate magical projectiles that vary depending on the character and style you choose, and one (or two, in later games) type of 'spells' which are effectively Smart-Bombs of many different styles.
    You will be MOBBED by waves upon waves upon waves of fairies and other interesting creatures who will assault you with the most intricate and insane projectile patterns. You have a small hitbox, but only one hitpoint and three lives. The goal is to beat the game without continuing so you can beat the game with the Good-Ending and unlock the extra stage!
    I believe there are 13 games total?
    So post your opinions on the series here! Your favorite characters, songs, and other goodies.

Also, Records would be great!
    the record format would be like this
    Game Name: (ex. 'Embodiement Of Scarlet Devil')
    Character Used: (ex. 'Marisa Kirisame')
    Style Used: (ex. 'Love Spell Type: "Illusion Laser ; Master Spark")
    Stage/Boss You Died On: (ex. Stage 3, Meiling)
    Continues Used: (ex. 3)
    Score: (ex. '10078392 pts')

Uhm....so lets discuss! My favorite Touhou character ever has got to be the infamous "Wriggle Nightbug" from Touhou 8: Imperishable Night.
    Her and Mystia Lorelei were my favorite out of that game, and the series as a whole. Mainly because they were two kidna of youkai I had never heard of: a Firefly-Youkai, and a Night Swallow!
    They're also both adorable and cute in every way ^~^

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Hmm. I always liked Yukari and Yuyuko from Touhou 7 :3 They both have this whole mastermind feel and I always thought it was amazing how in control they were o.o

Yuuka is my absolute favorite though xD A powerful sadist with a tsundere and childish side :3 Sunflower Powah <3 I actually saw a nice pic of her that almost turned me xD Almost, but not quite :)

The only touhou game that I'm actually kind of good at is Mountain of Faith :x I've cleared normal with all styles and even beat Hard using Marisa B xD Suwako was also my first Extra Boss beaten :3

I've only beaten two extra stages, Suwako and Ran xD I almost beat Flandre tho :)

Years
  • I would LOVE to face off against Flandre, using Marisa of course, she's my favorite out of the two in TH06. But I can't beat Patchouli! Because of that part, where she uses...I think the spell was Rage-Triathalon? I beat that one solely by a spell card, but then immediately after with the princess undine one, I died so bad xD. I don't use continues either though cause I heard you can't get the extra stage and good ending if you use a continue Dx. ....so I have desperately tried but I just can't beat her :P.
    On the other hand, I very nearly beat Imperishable Night yesterday with Youmu and.........what's her name =-=....the cute ghost girl that Youmu works for. either way, I almost won with them, but Reisen is such an intense opponent, haha XD.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Touhou, the game series for Windows..
    Or PC-9801, depending on the game.

Also, Records would be great!
    My best would be...
    Game Name: 東方幻想郷 ~ Lotus Land Story
    Difficulty: Normal
    Character Used: Reimu Hakurei
    Style Used: サーチショット
    Stage/Boss You Died On: N/A
    Continues Used: Unknown, but I think the reason I recall this playthrough is because I used only one.
    Score: 24,963,390

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • My favorite song...that's tough...probably Phantom Ensemble or NecroFantasia, but that's a big probably.
    My favorite character is either Marisa or Alice, I love'em both.
    My favorite game is Mountain of Faith, second being Perfect Cherry Blossom, and third being Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.

Also, I wouldn't call them schoolgirls since they don't even wear school uniforms. That, and most of them are much older than teens, I'd say the only ones who are teens are Marisa and Reimu.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Eww, Mystia >-<
    I adore Patchy, Sakuya, and Marisa.
    My favorite themes are either Centennial Festival for Magical Girls, U.N. Owen Was Her?, or Love Colored Master Spark.
    Favorite game is easily EoSD (though Perfect Cherry Blossom is incredibly easy)
    And no fair, your Touhou thread got posts and mine didn't! D:

Back