• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Touhou Project

MeltyShard378

Invisible Ninja Gal
    Years
    I was just wondering whether there are people here who like the games, the music, or the parodies. I've never actually played any of the Touhou project games, but I've heard that they're really hard but fun.
    I really love listening to the background music and the cover versions, like Bad Apple by nomico. Some of my favorites are Green-eyed Jealousy, Beloved Tomboyish Daughter, The Grimoire of Alice, etc.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    Oh god I adore piano themes from these games.

I've been dying to play one of the games too. However I have no idea how to do that lmao.

MeltyShard378

Invisible Ninja Gal
    Years
    Yeah, I'm not sure if there are translated emulators online... Or if someone would yell at me to buy the game instead...

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
    I've played every game up to 12.8, and I'm definitely wanting to get 13. Sadly, I've only been able to beat Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (6), Imperishable Night (8), Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (10.5), and Hisotensoku (12.3) [SWR and Hisotensoku are more like Street Fighter than the other Touhou games]. I've also played a few doujin games like "PatchCon - Defend the Library!" (a tower defense-style game). It's really not a difficult game to understand and play, but difficult to beat. Especially the bosses. Z is for the basic shooting, X or Space (I haven't played in a while so I forgot) is the Bomb attack that wipes crap out, and Shift is for Concentration Mode.

Along with it, I do like listening to some of the Touhou-oriented doujin circles like CROW'SCLAW (Progressive Metal, and not all Touhou).

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    I make ZUN style music. I absolutely love Touhou. I'm still trying to 1CC Touhou 13. xP
    You ken du et! I got close to 1CCing 13 on easy the first time I played :P And stage five is usually where I die at on Normal so I figure I'll get there eventually! The only touhou I was ever good at was 10 -.- Suwako and Ran are the only extra bosses that I've beaten :x I got close to beating Flandre though!

@Moogles: YES! THEY ARE AMAZING <3 I love this one version of Gensokyo Past and Present. It's so pretty!

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Marisa B is Touhou 10 makes the game way too easy. I almost 1CC'ed normal on my first try with her : /

Got to Kanoko and she shattered my dreams. Didn't die once til I fought Aya. >.<

And if you wanna hear any of my recent Touhou mixes, check out my youtube.

www.youtube.com/thepsynergist

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Marisa B is Touhou 10 makes the game way too easy. I almost 1CC'ed normal on my first try with her : /

Got to Kanoko and she shattered my dreams. Didn't die once til I fought Aya. >.<

And if you wanna hear any of my recent Touhou mixes, check out my youtube.

www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
    I should have clarified I'm good at Touhou 10 WITHOUT using Marisa B :P I've 1CC'ed straight through with Reimu <3 I only used Marisa B once to clear out Hard. Kanako isn't that bad if you bomb on most of her spells :3 That's why I did so well in Touhou 10. Bombs were more spamable imo.

I'll have to run through your remixes later, but the first few I heard had a lot of bass :x *doesn't like too much bass*

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm a fan of the PC-9801 games and in general the series' music, characters and setting.
    Not big on shmups but apparently I've played the actual games more than most of the fandom, parts of which I can find disdain for.

Last edited:

pkmnhippy

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    I'm currently trying to clear Ten Desire's extra stage (I can make it up to Transformation "Pseudo-Exorcism of the Stupid Shrine Maiden" before dying), and 1CC PoFV Lunatic with Yuuka (I can make it up to Shikieiki. I've 1CC'ed it with Medicine before but that doesn't really count).

I have a few Spellcard captures uploaded on my Youtube, nothing really special though.

I've been dying to play one of the games too. However I have no idea how to do that lmao.

Perfect Cherry Blossom's demo pre patched to English: https://www.mediafire.com/?mqanjgzt2ta9sm4

Yeah, I'm not sure if there are translated emulators online... Or if someone would yell at me to buy the game instead...

Only the first five games need an Emulator, said emulators are in English.
    If you want to buy the (Windows) games you can buy them from Mandarake.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I play the games but I'm not very good at them… After a year of playing them I've still yet to complete any game on Normal mode. If anyone could offer me some tips or something that would be great. I think one of my problems might be that I move around too much.

Anyways, Hong Meiling is my favourite character. I love her appearance as well as her stage and boss theme. Other notable characters are Kogasa, Alice, Marisa and Mima. My favourite game would be Perfect Cherry Blossom. I really enjoy everything about the game from the characters to the scoring system to the music. The only thing that could make it better would be a graphics update. And finally, my favourite game soundtrack… it's a hard one. Probably Perfect Cherry Blossom. Ultimate Truth is fantastic: there needs to be more remixes of this track. I also enjoy The Fantastic Legend of Tohno, Doll Judgment ~ The Girl who Played with People's Shapes and Necrofantasia. I do like Ten Desires' soundtrack, especially Rigid Paradise.

pkmnhippy

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    I play the games but I'm not very good at them… After a year of playing them I've still yet to complete any game on Normal mode. If anyone could offer me some tips or something that would be great. I think one of my problems might be that I move around too much.

Any game in particular?

In general; don't restart the game if you lose a life early until you can get really close to beating it. Try to death bomb more. And watch replays.

If you want some practice try Moedan out.

Years
    Contrary to popular belief, I've never played any of the official Touhou games nor read fanfics or anything (not a fan of what the fanbase does to the characters), just Touhoumon. So I guess you could call me a "fake fan" :P I merely happen to like some of the characters design-wise, nothing more.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I've seen my friend playing them all, I'm a total fan of the music, so obsessed i downloaded a soundfont for touhou just to remix music ;D

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    Any game in particular?

In general; don't restart the game if you lose a life early until you can get really close to beating it. Try to death bomb more. And watch replays.

If you want some practice try Moedan out.

Not really, though some tips for EoSD and PCB would be nice seeing how I can get to stage four (then it goes all downhill) without dieing or using any bombs in those games.

I'll try death-bombing more, but it seems whenever I try to death-bomb on purpose I can never get it. And when I death-bomb by accident I always seem to get it. Practice makes perfect, I guess. I forgot about replays; looks like I'll need to take a trip to the Touhou Project Replay Archive.

That looks quite interesting, I'll check it out sometime.

pkmnhippy

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011

Not really, though some tips for EoSD and PCB would be nice seeing how I can get to stage four (then it goes all downhill) without dieing or using any bombs in those games.

I'll try death-bombing more, but it seems whenever I try to death-bomb on purpose I can never get it. And when I death-bomb by accident I always seem to get it. Practice makes perfect, I guess. I forgot about replays; looks like I'll need to take a trip to the Touhou Project Replay Archive.

That looks quite interesting, I'll check it out sometime.

EoSD is pretty straight forward, replays alone pretty much explain it.
    With PCB, play as Reimu B or Marisa B. Marisa B might be best in your case because of her speed. Try to collect items whenever you can, so you can get more borders and lives. As for stage four; I did a run of it for a friend not too long ago.

You might want to use the vsync patch; it fixes the small input delay problem that the games before MoF have.

MeltyShard378

Invisible Ninja Gal
    Years
    Since this is a Touhou topic, and it's still September 9th for all of North America to my knowledge...

Happy Cirno day (9/9)!

I actually didn't miss it, but I forgot to log onto Pokecommunity on that day. Oh well. Happy late ⑨Baka day :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    Well then, shall we begin the discussion of who is the superior Protagonist/Antagonist/Side-Characters of the games?

Back