• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Town Map Question

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Greetings everyone. Years ago, I was part of this community trying to get a fan pokemon game of my own creation made. I kept feeling burnout, and was not happy with how the progress was going. I have now finally started my project again, and so far I like the direction I'm taking the game. But because I had been inactive for so long, a lot of my resources have been lost to time, so there's things I don't remember how to do. Specifically how to link the town map to the game, so when you use fly, you go to the right places. How do I make the town map work properly?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hey, you are brave to start again :)
    I don't really know much about the topic of region maps in particular. Also, I don't know about the version you are using, but a good starting point would be the docs. The docs were made for v17.2 I believe, so if you're using v16 or v15, it will probably be different...

Years
  • Hey, good luck on your project :)

You have to edit from the townmapgen.html on your project. There what you have to do is quite easy to understand (just on each point of the map, what you want to add and if it has a fly location, the map ID X and Y coordinate) but if you want more help I can lend you a hand

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Thanks for the info. I'm expecting this project to take a few years, and i still don't have the full story fleshed out yet. I'm kinda stuck.

Back