• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toys

Years
  • What was your favorite toy growing up? Do you still have any of your old toys? If you do, would you give them to your (hypothetical) children? What toy did you wish you had growing up? If all the toys in the world were destroyed in a cataclysmic toy-pocalypse, what toy would you wish would survive?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • My favourite toys include..

My stuffed white bear named Teddy (creative, I know..) a stuffed dog named Bronson.. and two Jurassic park toys- one is a T-Rex and the other a Velociraptor.
    Toys

Toys

>_> And strangely enough.. this like.. red and blue hook thingy that was just a small piece from a playset of a toy barn-house. I got many hours of entertainment on that thing.

OH AND THESE PLASTIC BEARS I HAD.
    AND THIS:
    Toys

YESYESYES!!

And for the toy to survive.. it is a tough choice between the raptor and the white teddy I have ._. I had a teddy family but the white one was always my favourite.

Honest

Hi!
    Years

• Oh the nostalgia. I didn't have it for long, since I'd either break or loose the pieces, but this fishing game was one of my favorite toys. =D

I also remember playing with a bunch of action figures that I'd get from fast food chains. You know, how you'd get a toy if you ordered the kids menu? I remember having Spiderman, Batman, a Red Power Ranger, and a anime character that I called Yingyang, Superman. I also remember running a small fight club, where they'd all "fight". I remember making Batman loose often since he didn't have any real powers. ;3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My favourite toys omg!

I collected all the Zord toys from the Power Rangers series. I have both sets from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (including the White Tiger Thunderzord!) and Tor the huge turtle thing that they called on when they were really stuck. I also have all the Zeo and In Space Zords and it's really awesome that I still remember to this day how to make them combine in the Megazords XD.

I've also got a ton of Power Ranger action figures from all through the series up to Lost Galaxy where I lost interest in Power Rangers :P

So yeah, those are my favourite toys. I wanna take photos of them for you now but they're all stacked very precariously in the top of my closet and they're really hard to get to lol

outfox

in
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2013
    Space Jam alarm clock. Not exactly a toy, but the only physical remnant of my childhood in my possession. I liked Barbies.

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • My Favorite toy was the Gameboy. No joke, I just ****ed around with it without knowing what I was doing most of the time. It kept my attention.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Beetleborgs!!!

Actually, I'm not all that sure. The only thing I remember was playing with a ton of different action figures from various fandoms all at once and having them fight eachother and spraying my spit all over the furniture from making all the fighting sound effects, but Beetleborgs specifically came to immediate mind when I read the question, so I'll go with them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Growing up, my favorite toy was LEGO, especially the Bionicle line. I collected a bunch of these when I was younger; I don't have all of the Bionicle sets to date, but I do have most of them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    My Favorite toy was the Gameboy. No joke, I just ****ed around with it without knowing what I was doing most of the time. It kept my attention.

Same here. Gameboy is what kept me company when I was younger. It was obviously the first toy I had.

Years
  • My favourite toy has changed throughout the years so I'll talk about the first favourite I remember having. I was a little n00b back then but I had this massive T-rex plushie which I used to ride around on and stuff.

I don't really have any of my old toys anymore, due to moving country and such. I'm sure there were lots of toys I wish I could have had back then, but I can't remember at the moment. If the toy doomsday occurred I'd like to be able to keep my Pokemon TCG collection.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Mine was a polar bear soft toy which I, rather creatively I must add, named "Polar". He came with me literally anywhere I went and I distinctly remember making my dad turn the car around after an hour on the way to holiday so we could go home and get him. I don't know what happened to make me stop playing with him, but I haven't even seen him in years which is kinda depressing D: I would've liked to have kept him as a keep sake but meh, I guess the memories are enough n.n

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • AUTO-MORPHIN' GREEN RANGER. Seriously, I played with that thing like mad for years. I don't have it anymore because I was rough with it, but holy jesus it was a good companion. I broke the shield though... that thing was flimsy. :/

I actually liked it so much I bought another a few years ago...

I guess an honorable mention would be all my K'nex that I had. I don't remember if I had a proper set or anything, but I built some crazy stuff with em.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Growing up, my favorite toy was LEGO, especially the Bionicle line. I collected a bunch of these when I was younger; I don't have all of the Bionicle sets to date, but I do have most of them.
    ^ This, this, this, this, THIS! I've always love LEGOs as a kid, mostly Bionicles. I was so obsessed with them, it made me want to become a LEGO designer when I grew up. XD Then I just stopped playing with them one day a few years ago; I guess I just grew out of them. Then a few months ago, I just suddenly found a bunch of old stuff online about them. I watched two of the movies, read the official story of Bionicle on their website. Then I stopped again, but I still have some sites bookmarked. XD

My other favorite childhood toys were my Thomas the Tank Engine playsets. I loved the wooden ones the most, since I could build a bunch of crazy railroad tracks and use the trains I had and make up some kind of storyline in my head and play with them for hours on end. :)

I kind of miss those days.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I can only think of one toy that was my absolute favorite as a kid. It was a baby doll that you filled with water to make it feel real. I took it every with me, but my mom accidentally threw my doll away when I left it at home. So, that would make it impossible to pass down. :<

Years
  • I didn't really have a favorite toy, but I did have a stuffed Pikachu plush that I was obsessed with. It made sounds when you pressed the button on its paw. XD; Some people might remember it ahah, but sadly I gave it away to my mom's friend's kid a few years ago (though I'm pretty sure he got over Pokemon now, he stayed over recently and seemed like he was more into that fancy technology). There was also my Blue from Blue's Clues toy, I took her with me everywhere.

I wish I were able to collect all of those tiny little Pokemon figures that were sold for 75 cents back then in pharmacies and other stores. What you got was random though and mom refused to buy me too many. ;_;

I'd definitely give my stuff to my kids if I had any, as hard as it is to part with my lovely toys since I'm a child at heart!

I can't answer that last part though.. as a toy lover, there really isn't a single toy I can pick.

(This makes me just the slightest bit sad tbh XD;)

Years
  • I didn't have one specific toy that's survived throughout all the years that I loved the most. For awhile I preferred my Barbies, and then it was Beanie Babies, and after that, I think I outgrew toys in general.

I've got like 2 Beanie Babies in the house, and a Pikachu plushie that I've had for at least 10 years (and a Torchic and a Sora plushie I got later in life). That's about it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I still cruise down the toy isle. Anyway, my favorite toys were always plushies. I never liked dolls or figures, I just liked plushies. Ty Beanie Babies were probably my favorites. I'd make up weird stories with them and such and it was fun. I also loved Pokemon cards, if those really count. And most animal figures I liked as well. I had a set of plastic dogs that I played with a lot, and I had lots of Spirit figures that I liked. But overall, my favorite toy EVER ever ever ever is B. B is my Big Bird plushie that I got from my cousin when I was three. He sits at the end of my bed. :) He's a bit dirty and his pupils are like...gone lol but oh well! He went everywhere with me. Currently, I collect Pokemon plushies and OKAY WELL sometimes I play with them. lol

B will survive the apocalypse btw.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I had so many Beanie Babies when I was younger that I'm surprised that my parents didn't think I was completely insane. I'd make sure to keep them all in perfect condition and to make sure that the tag with their name on had a protector and treat them as if they were my own children, as opposed to bits of fabric sewn together. I still have most of them to this day, but they're in a big bag in the attic somewhere. My 8-year-old brain thought that in many years time they'd be worth something, but I'm starting to doubt that hypothesis all these years later... Oh well!

Back