• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Welp, I've just traded away my shiny Lugia (that I was 100% sure it was hacked) for a level 30 Suicune, which then I quickly traded for a shiny Espurr that was up for one of those popular requests, i.e. Suicune level 21-30.

Wouldn't have been my choice but congratulations.

Years
I have another shiny Lugia waiting for me when the Bank opens, anyways. Otherwise I would've kept it.

Speaking of which (I'm just stating this as a general caution), be careful about thinking that pentagon is a 100% legitimacy checker. There do exist pentagon Pokemon that are hacked.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
6IV Male Timid Charmander with Blaze. Haven't gotten my Shiny yet.

Years
Well I bred my first shiny today. Completely by accident.
I had a request for a certain pokemon with it's HA and adamant.
I had nothing to be able to assuredly get an adamant egg with. So I knew I was going to be hatching several eggs before I got what I needed. On my 6th egg, a shiny HA treecko hatched.
Now to find me an older event legendary, muahahaha.

Edit: wondertrading the leftovers

Last edited:
Years
I'm getting my second copy of the game so I can clone, play in English without resetting, free Sandstorm Vivillons, etc.

Who knew the old second 3DS I have that I was planning to rid of would actually become useful.

Edit: Cloned my first Pokemon, a Sandstorm Vivillon, after like 15 tries.

34oasno.jpg

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Lucky you!

I just realized I caught my first Pokemon of 2014 in XY - just a Skorupi to raise into Drapion as I work on completing the Dex. >.<

Then I got a Chimchar with Iron Fist from the Wonder Trade. :)

Years
If you breed a foreign Vivillon, will it come out as the foreign pattern or your native pattern (ie: Modern)? Just curious if anyone here knows. I'm guessing it will have your native pattern but thought I'd ask.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
If you breed a foreign Vivillon, will it come out as the foreign pattern or your native pattern (ie: Modern)? Just curious if anyone here knows. I'm guessing it will have your native pattern but thought I'd ask.

It should hatch as the pattern of the game you hatched it in (your native pattern).

Years
It should hatch as the pattern of the game you hatched it in (your native pattern).

Kinda figured that. I got a couple different ones from Tumblr, & a couple different ones from the GTS but most people on the GTS are trying to offer different patterns for legendaries which seems kind of unreasonable to me. Some of them are common patterns like mine (modern) that they are offering if you trade them a Palkia. Maybe they have good IVs or something, I don't know. But I don't deal in IVs so I just want the different patterns lol. But still, legendary for a Vivillon pattern doesn't seem reasonable to me but hey what do I know.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I've been trying to breed a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Skiddo for like a month now and everytime I keep getting 31/31/xx/31/31/31 DEFENSE WON'T PASS DOWN. It hasn't been passed down once omfg.

I'm using my Skiddo which has 31/31/xx/31/xx/xx and my Ditto which has the missing ones so idek.

I've moved on now to Binacle now, though. Hopefully I'll have more luck with this one. :))

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Spoiler:

So I recieved this Trevant over Wondertrade some time back... and I'm questioning it's legitimacy.

~Okay, I understand to get Trevant, you need to trade Phantump, yes? Okay, so the level seemingly checks out. Given the nature of Wondertrade, it's possible that whoever traded it to me received it from someone else, thus it evolved when THEY got it, as I just got the Trevent already evolved. Fair enough assumption.

~In case someone can't tell, the ability DOES check out.

~HOWEVER. It has a JAPANESE name, but it's regional flag thingy is ENGLISH? As far as I know, that shouldn't be possible, should it?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Ah, right, I forgot that it does that. So I guess it is Legit then? Good to know =3

It's currently impossible for 'mons introduced to be illegitimate anyway. Since the GTS is encrypted there is no way to get edited Gen VI Pokemon on a physical copy of the game.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I've been trying to compile a list of Vivillon forms by 3DS region but can't seem to find good sources. If I wanted to change my region for a different type what would I change it too? The main problem lies in sub locations, like most of Canada gets Polar but the Yukon gets Icy Snow. Anybody know where to find something like this?

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
Vivillon Patterns:
• Modern - USA
• Polar – Canada – Alberta
• Garden – USA – Virginia
• Marine – Chile
• Continental – USA – Colorado
• High Plains – USA – Arizona
• Jungle – Colombia
• Ocean – USA – Hawaii
• Savanna – Brazil
• Sandstorm – UAE
• Archipelago – St. Lucia
• Sun – Belize
• Icy Snow – Canada – Northwest Territories

i use this for my US 3ds

Years
Does the garden one work like that Natsu? I live in virginia and I have the modern pattern. I thought most of the east coast had modern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back