• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade Corner's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
  • 30 Days of Trade Corner!
    Welcome to the 30 day challenge of The Trade Corner! The purpose of this challenge is for myself as well as other members to get to know traders, newbies and veterans. The goal is simple - for every day that passes, go ahead and answer the daily question from the list! If you happen to join late or miss a few days, you can always come back to this post to see what you've missed and catch up! Lets start with Day 1, go!

The Challenge Questions

Day 1: When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it?

Day 2: Most recent Pok?mon you traded? What did you get in exchange?

Day 3: What's your favourite Pok?mon? Have you ever traded for it?

Day 4: What is your favourite Shiny Pok?mon that you own and did you have to trade for it?

Day 5: Do you prefer the Gen 6 PSS or Gen 7's Festival Plaza?

Day 6: Have you ever traded via Link Cable?

Day 7: Did you get your most prized Pok?mon yourself or did you trade for it?

Day 8: How do you organize your PC boxes? Do you change the wallpapers?

Day 9: How many times do you trade per week?

Day 10: Is cloning beneficial to trading in your opinion?

Day 11: Do you prefer Battle-Ready or Untouched Pok?mon?

Day 12: What is your favorite Event Pok?mon? Was it difficult to obtain?

Day 13: How much of your collection is from trading?

Day 14: Did you find any in-game trades with NPCs worthwhile or useful?

Day 15: Which do you prefer between the GTS and Wonder Trades?

Day 16: Do you breed Pok?mon? What was your favorite breeding project?

Day 17: Do you like nicknamed Pok?mon? Have you received any nicknamed Pok?mon in a trade?

Day 18: Do you frequently help people in the Trade Corner?

Day 19: What are the luckiest things you got in Wonder Trade?

Day 20: Did you ever manage to get a Shiny from the GTS?

Day 21: Do you care about Individual Values (IVs)?

Day 22: What is your favourite method of Effort Value (EVs) training?

Day 23: Do you Hyper Train your Pok?mon?

Day 24: Do you Shiny Hunt yourself? What is your favourite method?

Day 25: Have you completed a Pok?dex in any game?

Day 26: How many friends do you have in your Nintendo 3DS Friend List?

Day 27: What rank is your Festival Plaza?

Day 28: Which Festival Plaza Facility do you like best?

Day 29: Do you purposely trade for Pok?mon in specific Pok?balls? If so, what kind and why?

Day 30: Are you excited for trading in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon?
    If you have any questions or need clarifications, don't hesitate to contact Keiran or Soapyyy!

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Let's get this started everyone! :)
    Day 1: When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it? I started trading in Gen 4, with the new GTS feature that was added. I didn't really get into it before X&Y however, I found this website and after a few months I was super active and opened a shop

Last edited:
    Years
  • I started trading probably last year when i was acquired my first 3ds and Pokemon X. i started with Wonder Trade and gosh, i love it so much. it helped me to complete my dex even faster up until i finished the dex and got a bunch of zigs. first time i traded here was from jagold's 6IV JPN Ditto giveaway. from then i quite did a lot of trading here and it's really fun and i love the trading forum.

UberRoimel

The Blaise Witch Project
    Years
  • Day 1: I started trading in April/May 2016 when I first got my 2DS. It was in Pokemon Y and I remembered that my first real Trade is in Wonder Trade. Months later, I found out about this cool site, GameFAQs, I found many friends there and Months passed again and I found PokeCommunity, I remembered that Soapyyy guided and and was my first trade here.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yo what's up

When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it?
    I suppose I got into it in gen 4 when GTS was implemented. I don't trade very often tbh, but trading was essential in my ability to complete my HGSS national Dex, and Sun/Moon Dex. I mostly trade with my friends.

Years
  • Cool

Day 1: When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it?

I only really started trading with other people when I joined PC. I never really had thought about going on the internet to trade Pokemon until I visited the Trade Corner here. I went in looking for a shiny Serperior.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Day 1: When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it? - I technically started with Gen 4 when wifi trading became a thing. Then I really got into it with new stuff like Wondertrade later on. I started again recently after playing Oras (to complete the national dex) and then with Sun sometime after. Now I try trading here whenever possible.

EmeraldEmissary

High Resolution
    Years
  • 1. When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it?
    I started trading about a year after Black 2/White 2 were released. Of course, I had no idea what the GTS was, so I stuck to local trades with my friends, the idiots I hung out with back in 2013. I loved the satisfaction of a. Adding a new pok?mon to my collection and b. Seeing the differences, in OT, base stats, moves, and ID. It was all fascinating, and still is to this day.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Day 1: When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it?

Well, I used to trade way back in the RBY days of the 90s in order to get specific Pokemon. In modern times, I started playing Pokemon again in 2010 and I eventually desired a Staraptor, however I did not own Gen 4 games. So I googled "official Pokemon forums" and PC was the first link. I immediately joined, posted in the quick trade thread of the time, and someone instantly replied and traded me a lv100 trained Staraptor. I was hooked! After trading for a few months, I started to learn how to RNG abuse. I specifically focused on RNG abusing Dream World Pokemon, something not many people could / wanted to do.

Tek

Years

Like Radiating, I pretty much only started trading after I got here. It was helpful to me as a Pok?mon breeder, and some of my own eggs found good homes too!

That's part of the reason why I stick around here :)

Years
    I first started when I joined the forum looking to get a Vulpix in X. Since then, I've become a breeder and love trading and helping people out on the PC Discord server!

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 2: Most recent Pok?mon you traded? What did you get in exchange? My Beast Ball Oshawott for a Beast Ball Cyndaquil, and loads of Bottle Caps for other Rareball Pok?mon (same trade). With MaoMint!

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Day 2: Most recent Pokémon you traded? What did you get in exchange?

The most most recent trade was during wondertrade. I was trading a bunch of mons leftover from trying to get shinies. Didn't get much but one of them was a Larvitar in a Safari Ball so that was good.

Years
    Just last year December :)

Day 2: Most recent Pokémon you traded? What did you get in exchange?
    Shiny Lumineon,Entei, and Pyukumuku from Soapy :)

Years

I traded a shiny Froakie for a Shiny Scolipede, shiny Mimikyu, and another shiny from Soap.

Years
    the most recent pokemon i traded was moon ball Gible for random pokemon (i got growlithe) for helping one of the PC member. the other was a box full of 6IVs Love ball HA Snorunt and a box of 6 IV wurmple for WTW. i got quite huge of great breedjects with 5 IVs and some with Appricorn ball Pokemon.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

I traded one of my 2003 Eon Ticket Latias for an uncloned 6IV HP Ice Kalosian Zapdos in a matching Ultra Ball.

Years
    I started trading about a year ago, when I bought my 3DS and X.

Day 2: Most recent Pokémon you traded? What did you get in exchange?
    Depending if we count GTS or not - lately I have been doing a lots of trades over GTS to acquire some rare ball mons. So, in my last trade I got Hawlucha for male Houndoom.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back