• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Trade Review Forum

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
  • Ok there is a rule of sorts that we as traders have to go by and that is not responding to the reviews that we get in there, I know we can like the posts, but in my opinion it's sorta rude not to respond back to them, could it be possible, maybe after like 10 reviews to just like them all and then post a "Thank you all for the reviews" ? I mean I feel kinda of bad that I can't tell those that I have traded with "Thanks for the review", I mean I am not rude ever, but not thanking those that thank me is like talking to a person that is sorta ignoring you.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You could have asked the trade shop mods about this, because nobody else can really respond to that section-specific question. But I imagine that you can always reply to posters outside of the thread, say via PM or VM. That avenue is always open and means you don't have to ignore anybody.

I imagine the idea of the trader review threads is so it is just for trade reviews, and hence easier for members to look through and see what feedback one got. It'd be annoying for myself if went there and had to shift through thank you posts, or people discussing the reviews themselves (e.g. 'I disagree because...').

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • One reason we disallow such posts in reviews is because when we update prefixes we sort the forum by the amount of posts in each thread and make sure the prefix is correct. For these updates to be accurate, they need to be clear of any posts that aren't reviews. Otherwise, we'd have to spend hours going through each thread and counting the review posts whenever we updated.

Like bobandbill said, you are free to VM/PM any thanks to the reviewer.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • One reason we disallow such posts in reviews is because when we update prefixes we sort the forum by the amount of posts in each thread and make sure the prefix is correct. For these updates to be accurate, they need to be clear of any posts that aren't reviews. Otherwise, we'd have to spend hours going through each thread and counting the review posts whenever we updated.

Like bobandbill said, you are free to VM/PM any thanks to the reviewer.

If you allowed the trader to post one reply to each review in the thread and keeping any further discussion about the review in PM's (ie. if the reviewer feels the need to respond, further comments on the trade, etc.), you could just subtract the amount of posts the trader's made within the thread from the total amount of replies, and it shouldn't take too long. I don't know if that's exactly what people would want, but it allows the trader to comment on the reviews, without making it too much trouble for the mods.

But if it's just a simple thanks, there's no reason it shouldn't stay in VM's/PM's.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • If you allowed the trader to post one reply to each review in the thread and keeping any further discussion about the review in PM's (ie. if the reviewer feels the need to respond, further comments on the trade, etc.), you could just subtract the amount of posts the trader's made within the thread from the total amount of replies, and it shouldn't take too long. I don't know if that's exactly what people would want, but it allows the trader to comment on the reviews, without making it too much trouble for the mods.

But if it's just a simple thanks, there's no reason it shouldn't stay in VM's/PM's.

I was just giving some insight into why it really isn't feasible to allow. But the main reason it isn't is because they're basically +1 posts/spam, and most thank-you posts break the 4/25 rule.

Years
  • Sometimes though a member may have both PMs and VMs disabled simultaneously, which could be preventive in a member with a review thread thanking a member they traded with that left a review. Sure a like may constitute as a "thanks" in situations like this, but I can imagine at times a member looking for trade reviews may want to leave detailed feedback/responses for a reviewer they traded with.

With that in mind, perhaps you guys could allow for feedback posts, but maybe only after the thread accumulates at least 5-10 reviews, allow a feedback post, then repeat the cycle, so that way there won't be an abundance of +1 posts? In that situation, Olli's suggestion of subtracting the OP's post count in the thread from the overall post count in the thread should work fine, IMO.

Just some ideas to pass along, really.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I personally just like to VM/PM the person on my own when they leave nice reviews. Though I totally understand the desire to respond in the thread. Traders leave such sweet reviews. Like really, some of those people just melt my heart with their kind words haha. I sound silly, sorry!!!

But yeah, I think VMing them is always a nice option. It also opens the doors to making a new friend, if you're not already friends with that person. :) Think of it that way!

This in mind though, thank you for all you've done for me! I don't think I can thank you enough, haha. :)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Sometimes though a member may have both PMs and VMs disabled simultaneously, which could be preventive in a member with a review thread thanking a member they traded with that left a review. Sure a like may constitute as a "thanks" in situations like this, but I can imagine at times a member looking for trade reviews may want to leave detailed feedback/responses for a reviewer they traded with.

With that in mind, perhaps you guys could allow for feedback posts, but maybe only after the thread accumulates at least 5-10 reviews, allow a feedback post, then repeat the cycle, so that way there won't be an abundance of +1 posts? In that situation, Olli's suggestion of subtracting the OP's post count in the thread from the overall post count in the thread should work fine, IMO.

Just some ideas to pass along, really.
    See that's what I was saying, not for the traders to post right after a review but wait for about 10 or so and then thank all of them at once.

I personally just like to VM/PM the person on my own when they leave nice reviews. Though I totally understand the desire to respond in the thread. Traders leave such sweet reviews. Like really, some of those people just melt my heart with their kind words haha. I sound silly, sorry!!!

But yeah, I think VMing them is always a nice option. It also opens the doors to making a new friend, if you're not already friends with that person. :) Think of it that way!

This in mind though, thank you for all you've done for me! I don't think I can thank you enough, haha. :)

Your welcome, I am a nice person but I find not thanking is rude, and a little bit of a trouble to PM VM all because not all have those enabled.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Well, what Zach is suggesting would only work if everyone did it. Otherwise we'd end up on the same boat. We'd have to go to every thread and check post by post, see how many of those are replies, if the person has any thank you posts or not and count.

Trade Corner is an easily spammable section and we try to avoid these kind of situations because of that.

Also, I believe PMs and VMs are a more personal way of saying thank you. People having messaging disabled is something out of everyone's control and if you can't thank someone because of that, well not much one can do.

I'd rather leave things as they are now.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • You could have asked the trade shop mods about this, because nobody else can really respond to that section-specific question. But I imagine that you can always reply to posters outside of the thread, say via PM or VM. That avenue is always open and means you don't have to ignore anybody.

I imagine the idea of the trader review threads is so it is just for trade reviews, and hence easier for members to look through and see what feedback one got. It'd be annoying for myself if went there and had to shift through thank you posts, or people discussing the reviews themselves (e.g. 'I disagree because...').
    Well there's not a suggestion thing for the trade reviews so since this is the "Site Suggestion" is why I posted it here.
    Well, what Zach is suggesting would only work if everyone did it. Otherwise we'd end up on the same boat. We'd have to go to every thread and check post by post, see how many of those are replies, if the person has any thank you posts or not and count.

Trade Corner is an easily spammable section and we try to avoid these kind of situations because of that.

Also, I believe PMs and VMs are a more personal way of saying thank you. People having messaging disabled is something out of everyone's control and if you can't thank someone because of that, well not much one can do.

I'd rather leave things as they are now.

I think as in my original post, us as traders post after a certain amount of "Thank you's" I mean I did say 10 in the post, but maybe 1 "Thank you" to all would be enough.

Well as you can see us as traders have followed the rules there so far so couldn't it be apart of the rules for that? I mean make it a rule not to post any thank you's before 10 (or what ever deemed appropriate) posts, I mean us as traders have been going by the rules in that section, so what would be the harm?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Just chiming in real quick as an old timer and veteran of Trade Corner...

Honestly, I don't see what the big issue is in not allowing this to happen. Not trying to step on anyone's shoes here, but I mean all she's asking for is a direct way in which she can respond to people's trade reviews, which personally I applaud her because back in my day I don't remember anyone who did that. Yes, there's a like system that can be implemented and yes, you can VM/PM the person, but is it really that big of a deal in not allowing this? It's not like it's overthrowing the system or anything; it just allows a new outlet in which the owner can communicate better with their customers.

Allowing this sort of thing is not going to turn Trade Corner into a spam pit. Instead, it's going to allow relationships between users flourish and grow and create a better sense of a community within a community. If there really was an issue, that's what the report system is for. Simple as that. She's even willing to meet y'all in the middle in regards with that - i.e after every 10 replies - which I personally don't think a handicap even needs to be placed, but that would ultimately solve your worries of a spam pit forming.

In the end it's ultimately up to the moderators of the section to make a decision. But considering the amount of suggestions that I've seen flow by this section, this is one that I personally see as pretty harmless.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Just chiming in real quick as an old timer and veteran of Trade Corner...

Honestly, I don't see what the big issue is in not allowing this to happen. Not trying to step on anyone's shoes here, but I mean all she's asking for is a direct way in which she can respond to people's trade reviews, which personally I applaud her because back in my day I don't remember anyone who did that. Yes, there's a like system that can be implemented and yes, you can VM/PM the person, but is it really that big of a deal in not allowing this? It's not like it's overthrowing the system or anything; it just allows a new outlet in which the owner can communicate better with their customers.

Allowing this sort of thing is not going to turn Trade Corner into a spam pit. Instead, it's going to allow relationships between users flourish and grow and create a better sense of a community within a community. If there really was an issue, that's what the report system is for. Simple as that. She's even willing to meet y'all in the middle in regards with that - i.e after every 10 replies - which I personally don't think a handicap even needs to be placed, but that would ultimately solve your worries of a spam pit forming.

In the end it's ultimately up to the moderators of the section to make a decision. But considering the amount of suggestions that I've seen flow by this section, this is one that I personally see as pretty harmless.

It is my opinion it wouldn't be a problem as long as the traders follow the new rule of post your "thank you's" after 10 or more posts or only 1 per page, as stated before, not all allow for VMs, PMs, I myself only have it set to those that are on my friends lists, and those that I trade with are not all on my list.

EDIT: And to add to this, I am an official cloner here, so I trade with Alot of new people, which I know, just as I did don't know their way around the forums completely yet.

Last edited:

BourbonWhiskey

Pokemon Trainer Since 1998
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2017
    Generosity is a good thing. Appreciation is a good thing. Appreciation within an appreciation is another good thing. I see no harm whatsoever to the helper nor the people receiving help if the Thread Creator or the Trader will post a Thank You note to those who has thanked them. This actually gives off encouragement to both the helper and the people being traded with to trade more and enjoy the game with this community in the background. It is a good thing and both are receiving benefit from it. Also, I personally find RNC as the best trader there is in here. Generous and kind as she is, she is very much willing to trade and help people with what she has. Thanking those people along the way seems to be another good thing oozing from her. I do not see how this is not implemented.

With what I have just said, I still believe there should be limitations to this. Just like what RNC has said, it can be one post by the trader per page, one per 10 posts of appreciation or even once a day. This gives off freedom to the Trader to thank those who has appreciated the good deed he/she has committed.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I always thank my traders for a review by vm/pm but i have several who don't have that enabled so i couldn't say thank you. I really feel the need to say thanks them and especially if they give me a paragraph Long trade review that they spent a good chunk of time on they really deserve it. Another thing is for traders pm and vm boxes are sometimes completely spammed by offers (for me it is) and sometimes i even miss someone replying to me so its kinda hard to reply to all of them and keep track of it.
    I understand why we are not allowed to post in the trade reviews section it makes sense and there really isnt an issue for it but im sure theres another solution. there could be trade thank you section where u hold the name of the person u traded with and say thank you u could also thank them in large groups of several traders to limit spamming.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I'll bring this up with the other mods and let you guys know what we decide on. Feel free to post more suggestions/ideas here, though. It may make our decision easier. :)

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I always thank my traders for a review by vm/pm but i have several who don't have that enabled so i couldn't say thank you. I really feel the need to say thanks them and especially if they give me a paragraph Long trade review that they spent a good chunk of time on they really deserve it. Another thing is for traders pm and vm boxes are sometimes completely spammed by offers (for me it is) and sometimes i even miss someone replying to me so its kinda hard to reply to all of them and keep track of it.
    I understand why we are not allowed to post in the trade reviews section it makes sense and there really isnt an issue for it but im sure theres another solution. there could be trade thank you section where u hold the name of the person u traded with and say thank you u could also thank them in large groups of several traders to limit spamming.
    See this is what I mean, I have those that thank me with a long explanation, since this only started not that long ago, I have many that I have been trading with for years that with this in there now have left long paragraphs and it makes me feel bad for not being able to respond to it.
    I'll bring this up with the other mods and let you guys know what we decide on. Feel free to post more suggestions/ideas here, though. It may make our decision easier. :)

Thanks for even thinking about bringing this up for us as traders.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Just an update: We're considering a dedicated thread for thank-yous and shoutouts. To circumvent the possibility of it being spammy, the posts in the thread would be nuked every so often.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I really think this is something the comment system implemented months ago would have been perfect for. Anonymous commenting pretty much killed the thing, and they're disabled by default along with a bunch of other debilitating **** that makes them unfeasible even here

At large a threaded reply system would work wonders for these sorts of things, as what the OP wants and the 4/25 policy can both be simultaneously satisfied, unless I read wrong and the OP is asking for posts of that nature. It's a big thing, so yeah...

Back