• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Traded evo's

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
    Do you really think that the idea of trading pokemon to evolve is a good idea? I think it sucks. like in Snowsdale, there's a girl who says she'll trade a haunter for a medicham. so you go ahead and evolve your meditite to trade with the girl. so you trade yadda yaddayadda only to find out the she gave it an everstone! its a rip! its like oohh free gengar and haunter didn't evolve.

i dont like the idea of trading pokemon to evolve. what if someone didn't know about traded evo's and he traded his Machoke for a Jumpluff. the other person will see it evolve and the guy would want the machoke back but the other guy wont give it back!
    do you think its a good idea?

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    It's really never been a problem for me. I've always had friends around who were willing to help me out and trade my pokemon back and forth so that they could evolve. Its a pretty unique idea, plus, its better than the lame evolving process like Yanma - Yanmega or Lickitung - Lickilicky. =D

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    The entire idea of trading Pokemon to evolve is to encourage people to socialize with their games, and trade more. That, and buy more games. It's not particularly convenient, but it's pretty easy to get around.

like in Snowsdale, there's a girl who says she'll trade a haunter for a medicham. so you go ahead and evolve your meditite to trade with the girl. so you trade yadda yaddayadda only to find out the she gave it an everstone! its a rip! its like oohh free gengar and haunter didn't evolve.

So? Get your own Haunter, and then do a trade-back with a friend, or some random person on Wi-Fi. FREE GENGAR.

Also, Medicham is found commonly in the wild around Snowpoint. You didn't need to evolve your own Meditite.

i dont like the idea of trading pokemon to evolve. what if someone didn't know about traded evo's and he traded his Machoke for a Jumpluff. the other person will see it evolve and the guy would want the machoke back but the other guy wont give it back!

Everyone knows that Machoke evolves into Machamp, so I find this scenario a bit unlikely. And if someone doesn't want to give you the Pokemon back, punch him in the face until he does.

Even if he didn't get the Machamp back, he got a Jumpluff. Trading away some common junk Pokemon for a rare one sounds like a good deal to me.

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
    i'm just saying it as an example.

and.....well.... none of my friends that live around me in Florida don't really care about pokemon. i have a freind in Louisiana that has Diamond, but i only get to see him once a year. what can i say, my social life is a wreck... :(

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years

and.....well.... none of my friends that live around me in Florida don't really care about pokemon. i have a freind in Louisiana that has Diamond, but i only get to see him once a year. what can i say, my social life is a wreck... :(

No it isn't. You should be happy you even have friends, some sad people dont..just because you can't trade pokemon with your friends doesn't mean your social life is a wreck, seriously, get wifi and use the GTS ;)

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years

Oh. Well, that's too bad. I mean, it's not like you can trade Pokemon over Nintendo Wi-Fi or anything...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Most people who play Pokemon are nice enough to give you your Pokemon back. Hell, if the people from 4chan are nice enough to do that, I think you'll be fine.

Years
    It never realiy bothred me becuase i always have my friend daniel who plays pokemon as well so i just trade with him and dude near the top some where i think the way u evolve licckitung and yanma is awsome it is better than trading evolution

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I never liked the idea of trading, considering that I'm one of the few people in my town that openly reveal their interest in Pokemon AND have a cable link or Wi-fi to trade with.
    Of course, if you have another GBC/GBA/NDS or a Gamecube/Wii, you probably won't need someone to trade with; it's the easiest way for me to get certain pokemons like Alakazam and any of the Machamp.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I hated in the Advance Generation cause I didn't have anyone to trade with, but the wireless feature in d/p was a godsend so I don't care anymore.

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
    I never really liked it either, to be honest. :/ None of my friends irl like Pokemon, so it was hard for me to find people to trade with when I needed to evolve my Porygon2, Rhydon, Electivire, Magmortar, etc. However, it is much, much easier now with Wi-Fi and everything. I dunno. It's a kind of cool yet frustrating feature. lol

~~Blitz~~

Blitz Flare
    Years
    I don't like the Trading with a certain Item part, but other than that I find it a good experience with the Wi-Fi system in D/P. Now I can get a Gengar or Alakazam by looking for a Kadabra or Haunter in the GTS.

Although I was annoyed by the Haunter thing in Snowpoint...I thought I got an easy Gengar, since there are tons of Medicham around Snowpoint, but it had an Everstone.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It does suck because like I used to be, there was not always someone around to do the trade with so I was stuck with the second forms.

zurieau

Flamboyant.
    Years
    I agree that it is a bit inconvenient and tedious .. But with WiFi, it's much easier to evolve Pokemon since there's no need to go out and buy a link cable.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    The entire idea of trading Pokemon to evolve is to encourage people to socialize with their games, and trade more. That, and buy more games. It's not particularly convenient, but it's pretty easy to get around.

Well said airconditioning!

With the new GTS, it was made a whole lot easier, although the AGG had problems--Link cable and Wireless Adapter...

Back