• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Traded for Togetic, but it's called Snips - can I change the name?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2020
    Sorry I'm new here, hope this is in the right place! Name rater just says it's a perfect name and doesn't give me the option to change it - it was just a standard trade with a computerized player - is this not doable or is there something I can do? Please and thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2020
    Okay thanks! Any recommendations on best way to find Togetic or its evolutions? Cheers :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2020
    Currently looking for red exclamation marks in bridge fields based on what I've read online - can they be caught in any weather though, as it's a blizzard atm? Cheers :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm blanking here - what do you mean by red exclamation marks...?

They means the random encounters. When you walk around in the grass, you'll see a red exclamation mark appear before the grass starts to shake, which indicated that that is a random encounter. There are many Pokemon that cannot be caught outside of these encounters.

Nope, you can't rename traded pokemon

While somewhat true, you cannot change the Pokemon's nickname. If the Pokemon you receive in a trade does not have a nickname, you can give it one through the Renamer, but if it already has a nickname you cannot.

Okay thanks! Any recommendations on best way to find Togetic or its evolutions? Cheers :)

There is a Fairy Den at the ends of Rolling field if you have Wish pieces you can throw away. Its on the cliff overlooking South Lake Miloc. Spamming that location was the easiest way I got my Togepi. Serebii link to the Rolling Fields' Raid locations. Try to match the picture as best as you can and you'll find it.

Trying to get the random encounter is annoying as it's a 2% chance encounter. You can also try Stony Wilderness random encounter during Fog for a 10% chance at Togetic and/or Dusty Bowl for a 2% chance Togekiss will spawn Flying in the sky, also Fog. (You'd have to whistle/ring the bike bell to get it's attention.)

Last edited:
    Back