• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Traders Challenge - One Red Magikarp

Years
  • (i considered this for the challenges section, but felt it fitted betetr here)

Calling all pokemon traders, this is a challenge for you (for fun of course! ^__^)

In a simmilar vein to the One Red Paperclip (google it if you dont know about it) i want to see how far you can trade up from one lv5 red Magikarp.

The idea is simple, take your Magikarp and trade it, then what ever you get in that trade, trade again and keep going, how good a pokemon can you end up with?

Trades can be with friends or over Wifi. Try not to tell people why your trading though, this should be a test of your trading skills and acumen!

You could either start of in a group and set a time limit to see who has the best at the end of a week? Or maybe keep a record of your trading chain and post it up here for us to marvel at!

Gambatte!

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Oh gosh, this is a really good idea that seems fun. I totally want to do it, however trades can't really be recorded and anyone can just lie. Oh well, maybe I'll do this as my own little personal project and keep a log.

We can't have any extra moves on our Magikarp to make it even a teensy bit more valuable, can we? Like Bounce or something. O:

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I agree with Cake this seems fun
    however there are constant giveaways here
    so trade it in one of those and you know have a shiny legendary

Years
  • you need to play in the spirit of the game...

yes, you vould trade in for a shiney legendary here, great game over. Fell any better? nope.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Hay, some traders are reporting this thread and I am here to clear things up:

This looks fun, harmless, and different. It's worth a shot. Several mods agreed so. Plus, it requires multiple trades / too big for quick trade.

Sooo go fish for a silly karp and see how far you can go. You can use the OP/thread to record trades... This reminds me of that story about the teen trading up on Craigslist and eventually getting a Porsche... xD

Back