• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading between Hacks and official games

TheFoob

HEY YOU CRAZY KIDZ!
Years
  • hey i got shiny gold the other day and i was just wonderinng can trade pokemon from other games onto it?

and if its a hack on red can you use the red cheat codes with game shark?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Wait, so you're saying you bought the game? I'm afraid you've just paid for an incomplete beta of a Rom hack you could have bought for free. As for your questions, (even though you should have asked it in the Shiny Gold thread in the Rom hacking section) yes, you can trade your Pokémon from it to real FR/LG cartridges and Pokémon Firered codes will work on it. I suggest you go and get your money back from whoever you bought the game from, though, as not only is it illegal, but it's also incomplete as I already mentioned.

This, however, is not the right place to ask these questions.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2007
    Wait, so you're saying you bought the game? I'm afraid you've just paid for an incomplete beta of a Rom hack you could have bought for free. As for your questions, (even though you should have asked it in the Shiny Gold thread in the Rom hacking section) yes, you can trade your Pokémon from it to real FR/LG cartridges and Pokémon Firered codes will work on it. I suggest you go and get your money back from whoever you bought the game from, though, as not only is it illegal, but it's also incomplete as I already mentioned.

This, however, is not the right place to ask these questions.

I think he means from the emulator, I don't think that he bought the game, did he? Besides putting the game on to a cartradge, is there a way to trade pokemon from the emulators to the games? I was thinking that it might be possible because I have got a wireless LAN option on my computer. But I do not no if i could connect it to my emulator or anything..

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    If it is on a Flash Cart and you want to trade with a Real Game, than yes.

I have tried it, I put a Ruby hack I made on to my Flash Cart, Caught a Shiny Tyranitar I hacked in there. Now that shiny Tyranitar is sitting in my Emerald.

But if it is a Rom I don't know.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2007
    If it is on a Flash Cart and you want to trade with a Real Game, than yes.

I have tried it, I put a Ruby hack I made on to my Flash Cart, Caught a Shiny Tyranitar I hacked in there. Now that shiny Tyranitar is sitting in my Emerald.

But if it is a Rom I don't know.

Ok, thats good to know. Thanks a lot cartman!

alx_masher

I ain't that bad!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2011
    it all depends on the emulator u r using. if u r using no$gba then it's ok but i dont know how to link using 2 different ROMs at a time. the opposite goes for VBALink. you can open two emulators at a time and connect them together. i hav traded all the starters pokemon from shiny gold to my fire red ROM without any problem. however, on my friend's ROM, an error message pops-up. i guess the problem is in the ROMs since he only copied the emulator from me.

As for real games, it will still work since shiny gold is a hack of fire red.

Google for the VBALink if you like.

Years
  • VBA link is what you are looking for, just remeber to change your settings so you can actually run two instance. Don't forget to turn off "pause when inactive" and to not use speedup when linked.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    I need to know can you trade between pokemon shiny gold and pokemon fire red or leaf green using Hamachi. I am not 100% sure. I got beta 5 X a week ago

Back