• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading Card Help?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    Hi,

Recently I was clearing out my room and found these cards. They are in japanese, but the thing is the back of the card is different to the majority of others.

Could anybody shed some light on these cards? are they special, normal etc.

In the first two pictures I have placed a English card, to show the difference.

Trading Card Help?

Trading Card Help?

Trading Card Help?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Larry

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • That's how all the old Japanese card backs looked. I have a ton of Japanese cards from Neo Genesis and before- trust me, I know.

I was actually surprised to find out that this design was later changed- I have a Japanese Rare Candy (from the EX series) that has a completely different back.

kba

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    i hav seen a lot of them japanese cards but thre all basic pokemon that i hav

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Well spotted to all whoever replied on this thread 'thats what a japanese card looks like' ¬_¬

Japan uses a different design on the back of their cards (which changed after the ex sets). Those cards you've shown are part of the neo1 promotional set (3 johto starters and all their evos) which was released some while back before the rest of the Japanese Neo1 came out.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I have a Japanese EX and have never traded it. On to subject, yes, those are Japanese cards and could be quite valuble in the UK or USofA if you could get your hands on the whole family.

Back