• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Trading Compatibility

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Yes they will, but obviously you can't trade new Pokemon or Pokemon with new moves back.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
  • I agree, this is sort of pointless. But anyway, they will have trading capabilities. Maybe they'll even have battles and mini-games(pokemon jump and dodrio berry picking) capabilities, but that's going a bit too far.

Rocket Grunt Pete

Krazee-Eyez Killa
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2006
    I find all this very confusing. Allow me to present a scenario?

I have a version of Emerald, packed with Pokemon I'd like on either D/P.
    I have a version of FireRed, also packed with Pokemon I'd like on either D/P.

I have two DS lites and I (will) have both Diamond and Pearl carts.

Can I trade my Emerald/FireRed Pokemon to the new games?
    Is it just me who finds it awfully confusing..

(By the way, newbie here - so be gentle..)

Rocket Grunt Pete

Krazee-Eyez Killa
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2006
    Yes, but I can trade over wi-fi given that they are both inserted into DS's?
    I've (and everyone else I expect) only ever traded Pokemon via cable on the Advance and Gameboy before that.

So how would the older generation games (in this case FR and E) communicate with D/P?

Years
  • Wolt said:
    Actually, you'll be exchanging data from the GBA port of your DS/DS Lite to the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl DS Card, supposedly.

Ye, that is what i have heard anywho. That would make it so much better, and easier!

Rocket Grunt Pete

Krazee-Eyez Killa
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2006
    Oh, so - it'd just be a cart-to-cart sort of thing?
    How would that work in-game so to speak?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Rocket Grunt Pete said:
    Oh, so - it'd just be a cart-to-cart sort of thing?
    How would that work in-game so to speak?
    We don't know yet. I assume we'll have full details closer to the release of the games.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I'll get to trade in my fleet of 350+ collected Pokemon, kyahaha. Getting close to t3h compl33t collection. I'll trade in my battle team and be ready to rock whatever post-story extras await me.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Good point.

And aye, I don't plan to transfer my fleet in right away. That's why I said post-story extras.

Back