• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading Pokemon

Years
    Hello everyone,

I'm a new pokemon/old school gamer.

I got out of video games all together as a young adult, but here recently I've been slowly returning to my roots.

I'm beginning with pokemon Firered and re-learning the battling systems and catching all of my old favorites. I'm curious to see how many others out there would be interested in trading pokemon with me? I'm searching for the more rare ones in the first generation, like Mew and the starter pokemon. If anyone has a mew to trade it would be much appreciated. I've also got all of the pokemon games for GBA coming my way soon. If there are any pokemon you would like, please just let me know.

Thanks everyone and I hope to meet new friends to battle and trade with.

Hey there Terrato - welcome to PC! Great to have more new faces here in our lovely little (but big) community.

If you're looking to trade, check out our Trade Corner sometime. You can open up a shop if you have 20 or more different Pokemon to offer or, if you have less than that, you're welcome to use the quick trade thread to ask for whatever you need! Just remember to follow the format in the first post. It would certainly be better to look there than here - we focus on greeting new members in the welcoming board rather than trading. Go ahead and stop by the Trade Corner to get your trading fix. :) You'll have a blast there and if you're confused about how it works, just give the moderators, Mac, twistedpuppy, or tabor62 a holler! You can't trade wirelessly in FireRed though, unless you mean you're looking to trade in the generation IV games or beyond? You'll find plenty of trades for those games, likely more so if they're in Black/White or Black 2 or White 2.

It's wonderful that you're coming back to gaming, though! It's hard to quit it as a whole since video games are just way fun, haha. I've been hooked on Pokemon since I was 7 or 8 years old; the franchise really never gets old. You'll find a lot of boards to discuss it here as well as many off-topic forums for chatter related to things like music, anime, movies, books, and other cool things. So if you ever want a break from discussing Pokemon you'll have quite a lot of options!

Enjoy your stay here on PokeCommunity and do let me know if you're ever in need of some forum-related help, all right? I'd love to help you out even if I probably can't trade at the moment. We're all wonderful here and more than willing to lend a helping hand so go ahead and get exploring as I'm sure you won't regret it. Cheers, Terrato, and welcome once again! :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Hey Terrato!

Good to know you're returning to Pokemon! It's such an addicting series cause I've been playing the games since I was 7 and I haven't stopped since! I've been keeping up with the new games and been loving them all. I think the new games are just as good as the old classic GBC and GBA ones. Personally I think the GBA games are good way to start though cause 3rd generation (or GBA games) is by far my favorite. After that I'd say 5th generation or Black and White and Black 2 and White 2. I definitely recommend the gen V and other DS games cause those are great too! And then there's the new ones coming out in October , Pokemon X and Y. With all the info on them shown so far , I'm very excited for them! How about you? The games you got and the other Pokemon games can definitely keep you occupied till then. Of course you can post here and discuss the games you're playing and maybe X and Y too if you're interested in them.

Yeah this is definitely the right place for trading. My good friend Cirno has already suggested a bunch of places for you to check out for trading. Trade Corner has lots of good offers too so you can get your trading needs there. If you have enough Pokemon, you can always start a trade shop or there's the quick trade thread if you want just a simple trade with someone. I've talked to the moderators there tabor62, twistedpuppy and Mac several times and they're nice people so I'm sure they won't mind you asking questions. :)

In fact all of the moderators here are nice people and will help you with any problems or concerns on the forums. So don't hesitate to ask them anything! Have a wonderful time here. :)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Welcome to the PokéCommunity, Terrato.

We have a place called the Trade Corner, where you can satisfy all of your trading needs. :)

Be sure to check out our rules first though, so you don't get in trouble. And also be sure to check out the local rules for the trade corner as well. ;)

If you have any questions, you can talk to a staff member with your inquiry. They are the ones with the bolded usernames, and will be delighted to help you.

Thanks, and may you have an exciting time on PC!
    —[supporter]AlexTheRose[/supporter]​

Years
    Thanks everyone for the welcome and I appreciate the information.

I'll be checking out the trade corner soon. I went out bought Soul Silver and Heart Gold, as well as the rest of the GBA games. I'll get the rest after I achieve my goals on these...lol.

Back