• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Trading problem between hacked ROM and Vanilla ROM.

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
Years
  • Well, i made a rom hack named blaze fire red. Then I went to pokecenter and trade with Vanilla Fire Red. However, after saving and entry, Blaze Fire Red pops Communication Error even link has been done.

I tried again, this time with both hacked game at both side. Communication Error happens again.

Using Wireless adapter crashes VBA at Vanilla Fire Red side.

I tried My Boy Android emulator. Emulator crashes again if i don't emulate using BIOS (HLE). Using BIOS pops out Communication Error, however.

I'm thinking what caused this. In that hack, I changed pokemon types.

Anyone got ideas?~_~

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
    Years
  • Well, i made a rom hack named blaze fire red. Then I went to pokecenter and trade with Vanilla Fire Red. However, after saving and entry, Blaze Fire Red pops Communication Error even link has been done.

I tried again, this time with both hacked game at both side. Communication Error happens again.

Using Wireless adapter crashes VBA at Vanilla Fire Red side.

I tried My Boy Android emulator. Emulator crashes again if i don't emulate using BIOS (HLE). Using BIOS pops out Communication Error, however.

I'm thinking what caused this. In that hack, I changed pokemon types.

Anyone got ideas?~_~

If you have did any change to your hack and you are using it in trading or link battles, it will cause errors.

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
    Years
  • If you have did any change to your hack and you are using it in trading or link battles, it will cause errors.

Wait a second.
    I think this was caused because some pokemon had their type changed!
    Why, because I tried Fire red Throwback (minor hack) with Normal Fire Red, it doesn't fail.

And also Emulator is another factor: Use VBALink. Why? It's more stable and faster.

The most easy solution is either to disable trading, and also make all pokemons available.

Last edited:
    Back