• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Trading

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I don't know if I should put this here, but I may aswell.

I'm planning on buying Diamond and Pearl for me and my sister and I want to know how we can trade or Battle. Do we need something for it? Like a cable?

Help would be appreciated.

Years
    You won't need to buy any cables like in the previous generations. The Nintendo DS can connect to each other wirelessly which means you can battle and trade Pokemon with your sister.

If you plan to go online though, you'll need either a router or Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to connect to the internet.

Years
    You don't need a cable to battle/trade. The wireless setup is in the DS already so no need for it.

And if you want to go in Wifi Club or the GTS Just simply Buy a router or a Wifi Usb connecter witch costs around $60 from where i got it from. :P

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    you only need your DSes and your games to trade :p

this time, it's all wireless! =D

but if you want to go online, you'll need a router or NDS Wi-Fi- Adapter... well, check nintendo's site... it should tell you how to connect in different situations.

Darkgale

EV trainer and Treasure Hunter
    Years
    You can also just use Wi-Fi hotspots to connect if you dont want to buy either of the two. Check nintendo.com for hotspots around you.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    nope you dnt need any cables or anything as they are wireless unless your trying to get online then you need a router, wireless connection and stuff but you can find it out on the internet

xvizion

I Shall Rise
    Years
    Any one willing to trade me an elekid i have chimchars, togepis, cranados ,haunters, and sneasel

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    OMG, you just need a friend and a DS or you can exchange friend code wit people in the forums

Back