• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Cards

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    In many Pokemon games, completing certain tasks such as defeating the Elite Four and completing the Pokedex will cause your Trainer Card to gain another "star rank" or change color (more information here). Did you ever make fully updating your card one of your goals while playing? Or did you never pay attention to the card at all?

Years
    I didn't really care so much about whether I went up in rank on my Trainer Card or not. It was too much effort for me to do most of the tasks; in fact, the only ones I could do with ease were completing the game and getting all the golden leaves in HGSS (which is namely due to sites like Serebii stating where one can get said leaves).

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    the trainer card changes? what

^ clearly means I didn't pay attention to it. I barely use the trainer card in the first place, so even if I knew about this feature, I wouldn't bother using it at all.

Years
    I have to admit it was a cool feature, but I never bothered to max out the star rating. The only one I really managed to level up successfully was to the one star rank, and most of the time I got that one just for beating the Elite Four.

Years
    I've always tried to get more stars in my trainer card, cause it also changes its colours, but I've never reached the maximum stars. My best was 3 or 4 stars, in Pokemon Pearl I think, for completing the game, the Pokedex and some other stuff that I don't remember..unfortunately I've never achieved the star that you can get after beating 100 trainers in a row in the Battle Tower, after the 60/70th battle it gets sooo difficult!

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    They still do that?

I've never really concerned myself with the trainer card but always make sure to upgrade the areas that require Pokemon Breeding to be completed, just for the sake of my playstyle.

Years
    I think it's a really neat feature :) Usually I don't get much further than the one for the Hall of Fame as things like the Pokédex I don't normally focus on and I've never had much success in places like the Battle Tower BUT I really like what I'd call the "achievable" (for me haha) stars like the Pokéathlon one in HGSS, Super Contest one in D/P and the Battle Chatelaine one in X/Y as they're all things I'd work towards anyways, so getting recognition on the Trainer Card is super rewarding :)

Years
    Honestly, I wasn't even aware of such a feature, haha. I like the Trainer Cards, and it makes me feel like I'm an actual Pokemon trainer collecting badges, but they're represented better in the anime then the games, in my opinion. Certainly never made it a goal of mine, but if I achieve it, I'll be happy notwithstanding.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    x
    They still do that?

Yeah, wonder why they still do since it seems like only one person who has replied has done it, and a majority of us have forgotten/didn't even knew it existed!

I think I tried to level mine up in Emerald, but I never really ended up completing it. It just wasn't really worth it, honestly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I did know about star ranks' existence and whatnot, but I've honestly never payed any attention to them, sadly. Used to view my trainer card every once in a while few generations ago, but nowadays, I rarely do. Unlocking these things do help you feel more accomplished, but I'm that's not what I'm playing Pokémon for; I play these games only to have fun and enjoy my time, haha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It's something I kinda try to do, but know that I will never complete because some of the requirements are a little too much for me.

Except in X/Y. I maxed out the ranking on my Trainer Card on that, because they made it a lot easier to do so; all you have to do is beat the Elite 4, see (not catch) all the Pokemon in the Kalos Dex except for the Kanto legendaries, and beat one of the Battle Chantalaines in one of the Super battle styles at the Battle Maison.

Years
    I too have completed my Trainer Card on X, although it felt rather underwhelming given how easy the goals are in comparison to the others.

I've made it a point to try to get the last one on my White 2, get the Entralink Black and White Levels to 30 or higher, so I can get the White trainer card, but I haven't really focused on that. One of these days...

Back