• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Trainer Class Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I was trying to do something different with my game now that I've beaten the Elite Four as well as Red. This will definitely do!

Count me in as a gentleman lol...I like the pets category, since some of them are cute without being totally annoying to me, like some of the Pokemon from the beauty category.

Also, at the end of the challenge, can we state here which Pokes we used?

Last edited:

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    I was trying to do something different with my game now that I've beaten the Elite Four as well as Red. This will definitely do!

Count me in as a gentleman lol...I like the pets category, since some of them are cute without being totally annoying to me, like some of the Pokemon from the beauty category.

Also, at the end of the challenge, can we state here which Pokes we used?

I'll add you to the list. And yes, of course! Actually, I would like to see this thread turn into a discussion about everyone's adventures. I think it could end up being really interesting. :)

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I'll probably be doing this challenge after I'm done with my Ground Mono-type challenge (I'm at kanto :D).

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
    I'll sign up as a Sage since I'm going to do an Eeveelution run and that will kill 2 birds with one stone.
    see The Eeveeloution Challenge

after that I may do this challenge as a Beauty or Burglar (if not both using different roms)

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    Okay, I'll add both of you to the list. :)
    Sage is one of my favorite trainer classes, I think that's the one I'll end up doing as well.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    So where's the Youngster class? I was hoping to be like my idol, Youngster Joey. :D

No matter, I'll take the Bird Trainer class and is it alright if I don't start this challenge straight away? I'm still enjoying my main HeartGold game, but I can play this on my unused SoulSilver game.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    Im going to do the swimmer class but i have one question can i use tododile

Years
    I have another question: so the 6-pokemon team, plus the HM slave, are the only Pokes that you can use (with only the HM slave outside of battle)? Can you catch pokemon, and then leave them in the computer? I was already training two of my new team's Pokes the other day, and then I traded them over.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    Im going to do the swimmer class but i have one question can i use tododile

Yeah, I must have forgotten to add him. I'll do that now.

So where's the Youngster class? I was hoping to be like my idol, Youngster Joey. :D

No matter, I'll take the Bird Trainer class and is it alright if I don't start this challenge straight away? I'm still enjoying my main HeartGold game, but I can play this on my unused SoulSilver game.

Yepp, that's fine. :)

I have another question: so the 6-pokemon team, plus the HM slave, are the only Pokes that you can use (with only the HM slave outside of battle)? Can you catch pokemon, and then leave them in the computer? I was already training two of my new team's Pokes the other day, and then I traded them over.

You can own and battle with as many Pokemon you want as long as they are on your trainer class' list. For example, if you're playing as a Police Officer, you can have 30 Growlithe and just leave 24 of them in your PC.

Last edited:
    Years
    Okay I know I am being very indecisive right now, but I have been having a lot of trouble doing the challenge as a gentleman. The pokemon on my team were traded over, and of course they won't obey me since I started over and have only two badges. Can I do pokefan instead?

So far I have this:

Benedict-Togepi

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    Okay I know I am being very indecisive right now, but I have been having a lot of trouble doing the challenge as a gentleman. The pokemon on my team were traded over, and of course they won't obey me since I started over and have only two badges. Can I do pokefan instead?

So far I have this:

Benedict-Togepi

Yepp, I'll switch your Trainer Class on the OP. By the way, you can try trading over an egg, the Pokemon will always obey you once it hatches.

Wheres the Ace Trainer class??

Ace Trainers don't use any specific type of Pokemon so they weren't included in the challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    Ha ha you know I haven't bred stuff in a while...I totally forgot about that option. Okay wow that makes this thing a lot easier :p

So my line-up once I send over them eggs:
    togepi
    pikachu
    marill
    mawile
    snorunt
    and one more...we'll see

Last edited:

spoink17

Top pokemon co-ordinater
    Years
    so i have a question are we not aloud to catch any pokemon other than our trainer class pokemon and a couple of HM slaves? i am really confused about that we can catch pokemon for the pokedex only when challenge is completed? is what im trying to ask

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I Might think about doing this Maybe when i Restart one of the Games that i got, Heartgold or Soulsilver.
    Since my Unevolved Challenge got ****** over, Guess I Need a new Challenge.
    Probably Throw my Eevee into the Daycare, get a few Eggs. Send them to another game, Reset. Get to the First town. Then spend time Hatching those Eggs.
    Start off that way or something.
    Might play as a Hiker, or even a Dragon Tamer. Still no idea.
    Get back to you on that one.

Years
    So now that I've bred all my desired Pokemon, here is my updated team:
    Benedict-male togetic
    Jaws-female mawile
    Sparky-male pichu
    Comet-male castform
    Moonbaby-male cleffa
    Aquanette-female azurill

They're all from the fairy egg group, and it's an interesting twist for me; I usually gear towards a mainly physical team. It is going well though.

So don't judge me people, but I hatched them in HG so I could be their original trainer, and then sent them back over to power-level to 30 cuz it took too long.
    -Just beat Whitney
    -Going now through the National Park cuz I don't really want to bother with Pokeathlon. I know, I'm no fun. :p

So far so good. I like this challenge and it's cool to have a bunch of cute baby pokemon.
    -

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I already beat Red with only a Porygon-Z. I only used him for the whole game.

I win at scientist class.

Years
    Now I am at Mahogany Town, and I just finished the Team Rocket radio transmitter mission.

I am training a little bit to fight Pryce; the last gym, Cianwood, was a little tough because most of my baby Pokemon are still the normal type, but I beat him.

Pokefans have it rough when they're Pokemon are mainly cute...but I'm having fun. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back