• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer names.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    I was wondering, as I made yet another trainer in Ruby today, before I let my kid have it.. -whispers- I needed a female treecko, so I restarted the game I beat. lol

But in my making of a new trainer who has already been saved over,... I was curious about the rest of you. Do you always make the trainer the same name, is the trainers name mood based, or do you always -like my kid does- just name it as per the Anime?

I personally have had about 30 names throughout the series, ABEL, KANE, ASH, Kim, Asterce, Jack, Treeko (the treecko made one), Masavo, Bettina, thats just a few, some i've used over and over. like ABEL, also shows up as Abel, and Able. I always do a redo on the trainer names. Since the trainer graphics have been kinda similar the last 2 gens, I was going to once I get DP keep an older name. I kind of did that when I got Leaf Green, had that one named Abel, since Abel was the name of the trainer in Blue, Leaf green is the blue remake. Made sense yes.

Anyways, how about you all, do you get a new trainer name each time, or do you stick with it, to keep an illusion and allure that you are the same person, in a new world?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Unless I'm restarting on a playful note and naming everything after a certain fandom, I use the same name. For my main games, it's always "Erica" which is my real name. I'm not sure why, but I just like it that way. It's weird because in every other game I try to use defaults wherever possible.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Unless I'm restarting on a playful note and naming everything after a certain fandom, I use the same name. For my main games, it's always "Erica" which is my real name. I'm not sure why, but I just like it that way. It's weird because in every other game I try to use defaults wherever possible.
    Almost exactly what my answer would be, save for the fact that my name is "Billy."

In every Pokemon game I've got, in addition to Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I have named my character Billy. When I run through again I tend to pick different names, though. "Sabrina" was popular in FrLg, as I chose the girl trainer, and her namesake was my favourite gym leader. =D

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    I make a new one each time. Okay,I don't like having someone with the same name. So I have to think for minutes on end. I'll just go "Whitney...Amber..Cheryl....Yuko...Sakura...Elise." and on until I name a name I like and think it will fit.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Well, if I play as a boy, my name is Cedrik. I always pick my real name. :3 If I play as a girl, my name is Wendy because I love this name. ^^ I don't really take all my life picking a name.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I usually pick my own name. Except when that doesn't work, like when the main character is Male. Then I usually pick the name of the anime. Like in Gold I called him "Kenta". In Crystal, I called the female character "Crystal" 'cause I don't like "Marina".
    In R/S/E it would be May or Brendan.

For other games, I always pick the name that the main character usually has, if I know it. x3

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    I have always used my handle, Ichida, for my character, except for when I played Emerald. I thought I'd try the female trainer for a change, so I named her after my girlfriend, lol.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I always name it after myself (Kris). When I was younger I use to name it after my favorite anime characters.. >_>

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    I hate using default names :/. I usually use Hawke for my chars (except on second go thrus I tend to name my chars with names that I feel more fitting to their personality since I know what it is then), but in the case of D/P I refuse to be seen controlling a char with such a nasty hat, so I play the female. My first one was gene, my second Raven and my third installment is Grace.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    in the case of D/P I refuse to be seen controlling a char with such a nasty hat, so I play the female.

To you I pose the same ultimatium I say to every man who shrugged off the male trainer because of the hat: would you rather wear that same beret IRL, or get a full gender change? Think about that.

Back