• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Trainer nicknames

Years
  • In X and Y, we now have a feature where we can choose an in-game nickname to get referred to by the protagonists' rivals/friends throughout the game. While using our own names has existed since 1st Gen, this is a neat new feature that's quite fun I admit.

You have an option of choosing some preset nicknames or enter your own. So, what did you choose as your in-game nickname and why?

In my case, I nicknamed myself "Nichy" since that's short for my real name, Nichole.

Years
  • I originally picked my just based on what they have as presets. After playing Animal Crossing New Leaf my residents named me Dr. L, and I kind of wish I would've picked that now lol. I like Nichy though, I've always liked the way that name flows lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm terrible at coming up with names for just about anything. So when I started up Y, I just went with my standard default name of Stella. Then the game's like "pick a nickname!". I wasn't into the ones that Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna came up with, so I had to come up with one myself. And I was like: "Crap. I'm so bad with picking names, and now the game wants me to pick a nickname too? ....What to do? What to do?" Sat there for about 5 minutes, and was like "**** it, I'll just slap chan on the end of my name and be done with it." So now they call me Stella-chan.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • I marathoned X the first time I played it, 26 hours almost straight (I had to eat eventually). After some sleep and a few days I restarted it and put my proper name (Jonathan) in as my trainer name and what people actually call me (Jon) as my nickname.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I hate coming up with trainer names. Thusly when they asked for a nickname I was all ajhsdjashdjsdajk I just spent half an hour thinking of a name and you want me to come up with another one? Since my IGN was Tomato Soup I just shortened the nickname to Soup.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    My nickname was Overlord. Couldn't think of anything clever so I just went with that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I nicknamed myself "Electra." Electra is the former princess of Argos according to myth, which is a city in Greece. Would've went along with my real name, "Ashley," but decided not to. d:

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I chose Monster as my nickname, since it's been a real-life nickname for me since I was a baby >_>

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'm playing through my Y version in french and just picked one of the preset nicknames, "P'tit A".
    In my X version my trainer name is Josie and I picked the nickname "Jo".

Years
  • I found that "Lil' L" sounded really fluid and since Shauna is just adorable I couldn't think of anything else at the moment. For some reason I like it x_x.

However, I kinda regret it now after reading this post. Stella-chan's idea made me jealous.. I missed the chance to entitle myself Luke-sama. How cool would that sound, I'd always laugh cause it would remind me of Jade from Tales of the Abyss.
    *restarts game*

Reactions: Nah

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Well I named myself Joey, but for the nickname I have Agent J. Just thought I could be J from the Men in Black

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    I went with Al as an abbreviation of my trainer name, Allan. I'm horrible with nicknames and the default ones would've been way too embarrassing for me. Even "Al" was a little embarrassing for most of the game. It wasn't until the post-game and talking to Serena and the others again that I finally got used to it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • idk if I already posted this, but in Y, I named myself Everlark and got the dumb kids to call me Eevee. Because I am an Eevee. Actually, I'm a Jolteon. But I was once an Eevee. Got in a mix up with a Thunder Stone, and here I am today.

Reactions: Nah
    Back