• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Personality Examination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Update 2 :
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

I would say that's it.. took a while..

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    I must resign from this challenge due to other challenges i will come back and do it some time but right now i am committed to a different challenge.

Last edited:

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • Trainer Class:
    Computer Mathematician

Pokemon Team:
    Walrein - leo (sealion), cat, ice, marine be
    Gardevoir - relaxed/quiet, psychic, slender, brains
    Manetric - Electric, computer engineer, marine blue

Special Mission
    It's a test of precision and exactness. You may only use one pokemon per gym, and you cannot go to the poke center to revive or heal that pokemon. You can use up to 2 potions of any nature, and as many items as needed for paralyze,sleep, poison, and low pp(haha, yeah I still laugh at pp).
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I decided to help out some employee from a big company by battling a trainer. To defeat him I allowed Delano to run out off PP's on all his attacks to make some damage.
    Some old dude helped me to Dewford where I delivered a letter. The same old man sailed me to Slateport where I caught Kent my Electrike. After some training Kent and I took on Team Aqua and defeated them.
    After some more training Delano reached lvl 26 and learned Psychic. With this powerful move we challenge the Dewford Gym and 9 attacks later Delano had proven that brain power beats physical power.
    I continued on and met May. After a quick battle she learned to fear Electric pokemons.
    I saved in Mauville City.

Team by now:

Delano the Quirky Kirlia
    Lvl 27
    Moves:
    Psychic
    Confusion
    Calm Mind
    Double Team

Kent the Mild Electrike
    Lvl 24
    Moves:
    Spark
    Quick Attack
    Thief
    Howl

Years
  • Alright, first update.
    • Spoiler:

Lime Green

Top Percentage of Rattata
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2012
    A) USERNAME: Lime Green
    B) WHICH GAME: Soul Silver
    C) GENDER: Female

Spoiler:

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    Spoiler:

So I have to find a Shiny Machop? Oh boy, here we go!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'm finally posting an update! A short one because the next one is full of my screenies, which I didn't upload yet. Darn you procrastination.

Spoiler:

Yeah, really short update. Next one will be extensive. Too lazy for more atm...

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Update 3 :
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Well a short and sweet update.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • How would I raise my pokemon according to their dex entry

Simply by adjusting their movesets or how you raise their stats/EVs according to what the dex says about them.

For Pearl's dex:

Chimchar:
    Its fiery rear end is fueled by gas made in its belly. Even rain can't extinguish the fire.

Based on this, the first fire move it learns [Ember] can't be replaced because not even rain can extinguish it.

Monferno
    It uses ceilings and walls to launch aerial attacks. Its fiery tail is but one weapon.

Simply: it throws things. Based on this, you have to teach it a move in which something is thrown at an opponent. It doesn't learn an attack like this on its own, so you'd have to use a TM of the following: Rock Slide [Large boulders are hurled at the foe to inflict damage.]; Fling [The user flings its held item at the foe to attack.]; Rock Tomb [Boulders are hurled at the foe.]

Infernape
    Its crown of fire is indicative of its fiery nature. It is beaten by none in terms of quickness.

Based on this, you have to teach it a move that hits first [Aerial Ace] and/or you may focus on raising its EVs in Speed.

Glameow
    With its sharp glare, it puts foes in a mild hypnotic state. It is a very fickle Pokémon.

*For this, I'd have Glameow learn moves that involve the use of its eyes. Hypnosis is obvious, but you can use any of the 'eye moves' like Charm or Captivate.

*To be fickle is to not be able to decide what one wants, to change your mind a lot. Therefore, Glameow will want to try many different moves to decide which one it likes most. You'll have to always change its attacking moves (These are not the 'eye moves'. Those you'd have to keep).

Honchkrow
    It makes its MURKROW cronies bring it food. It idles its time away, grooming itself in its nest.

Based on the entire entry, it's easy to guess that it's a slacker who has others doing the dirty work. In this case, the "cronies" will be the other members on your team. It can't fully participate in wild battles. You'd have to switch it out before it can land a hit that makes the opponent faint. When you go to gyms, that's when you can have it fully participate.

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • Trainer Class:
    Computer Mathematician

Pokemon Team:
    Walrein - leo (sealion), cat, ice, marine be
    Gardevoir - relaxed/quiet, psychic, slender, brains
    Manetric - Electric, computer engineer, marine blue

Special Mission:
    It's a test of precision and exactness. You may only use one pokemon per gym, and you cannot go to the poke center to revive or heal that pokemon. You can use up to 2 potions of any nature, and as many items as needed for paralyze,sleep, poison, and low pp(haha, yeah I still laugh at pp).
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In this section I defeated all the trainers near Mauville City to train.
    Doing this both Electrike and Kirlia evolved.
    I then challenged the gym and Delano once again proved that he is very strong by almost sweeping all pokemons in there.
    Saved north of Mauville City.

Team by now:

Delano the Quirky Gardevoir
    Lvl 31
    Moves:
    Psychic
    Confusion
    Calm Mind
    Double Team

Kent the Mild Manectric
    Lvl 27
    Moves:
    Spark
    Quick Attack
    Thief
    Howl

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • Umm, I think I'm withdrawing from this challenge. I just can't get motivated enough to do this. :(

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • Username: 11wildy
    Game playing: Ruby

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Felt like updating again so...
    Update 4 :
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Misty will always be the most annoying Gym Leader in this game..

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • tente2
    TheFuturePokemon
    Eivana
    Tachikaze316
    Punnagg
    Darkgoalie
    Niriate
    ScubaDouch3
    Zanderkreegan
    Gearuvagen
    StarshipAwsome
    Wi-fi Battler
    mzmingle
    the_true_fido
    revolutionzz1
    PsychoJigglypuff
    ChrisTom
    Lime Green
    11wildy

tachikaze316's list, updated once again.

...Also, having been waiting more than a week now, and because of the fact it IS my turn, could I request I little hurrying up? I wanted to try this, but I'm bored of waiting...

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    tente2
    TheFuturePokemon
    Eivana
    Tachikaze316
    Punnagg
    Darkgoalie
    Niriate
    ScubaDouch3
    Zanderkreegan
    Gearuvagen
    StarshipAwsome
    Wi-fi Battler
    mzmingle
    the_true_fido
    revolutionzz1
    PsychoJigglypuff
    ChrisTom
    Lime Green
    11wildy

tachikaze316's list, updated once again.

...Also, having been waiting more than a week now, and because of the fact it IS my turn, could I request I little hurrying up? I wanted to try this, but I'm bored of waiting...

Well I'm preparing a little something for you, will take some time :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Well, thank you. (Also, since the list is in the post, I won't have to update it for this page lol)

Trainer Class:
    Insect Researcher - Your job is to collect and gather information about different kinds of bugs and insects. You use technology to aid you, but you remember to have fun along the way.

Pokemon Team:
    Parasect - Orangie-ish, Bizzare insect, Bug. This Pokemon is your live experiment.
    Magnezone - Science, smart and unattractive, Brains. This Pokemon aids you in your testing and experiments.
    Sableye - Ghost, Slender, Halloween. This Pokemon is fun to be around, and takes your mind off of troublesome researching.

Special Mission:
    As an Insect Researcher, you are required to collect at least 15 Bug Pokemon, 10 of which have to reach their final evolutionary stage.
    Magnezone is the smart guy of your team and as such, should be sent first into Important Battles to better analyze the situation.
    Parasect moveset must have 2 TMs, as part of experiments and at least one Bug move.
    Sableye makes you happy by cheering you up, so you'd try to avoid having him KO'ed (Not a must, but interesting).
    To further build your character, you have to use at least 1 Ground Pokemon.
    You have another slot open for any other Pokemon you would like to use in your quest.

It's my first time making an examination, so yeah.. XD Feel free to decline it :)

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • Trainer Class:
    Insect Researcher - Your job is to collect and gather information about different kinds of bugs and insects. You use technology to aid you, but you remember to have fun along the way.

Pokemon Team:
    Parasect - Orangie-ish, Bizzare insect, Bug. This Pokemon is your live experiment.
    Magnezone - Science, smart and unattractive, Brains. This Pokemon aids you in your testing and experiments.
    Sableye - Ghost, Slender, Halloween. This Pokemon is fun to be around, and takes your mind off of troublesome researching.

Special Mission:
    As an Insect Researcher, you are required to collect at least 15 Bug Pokemon, 10 of which have to reach their final evolutionary stage.
    Magnezone is the smart guy of your team and as such, should be sent first into Important Battles to better analyze the situation.
    Parasect moveset must have 2 TMs, as part of experiments and at least one Bug move.
    Sableye makes you happy by cheering you up, so you'd try to avoid having him KO'ed (Not a must, but interesting).
    To further build your character, you have to use at least 1 Ground Pokemon.
    You have another slot open for any other Pokemon you would like to use in your quest.

It's my first time making an examination, so yeah.. XD Feel free to decline it :)

That was great! Thanks a lot, I love all three pokemon (parasect, sableye, magnezone). The ground type is going to be...unique, but I can live with that. And having another open slot is also nice.

So, anyway, whipped open the BB/VW documentation and found both Magnemite and Sableye are found in the Electromagnetic Cave (or whatever it's called). Which is a little late for my tastes, but whatever. Paras is found a similar point in the game, and I *might* have to "include" one in earlier. Muahahahahahaha.

Actually, after consulting Bulbapedia, I remembered Gastrodon is Ground-type (I always forget) so I guess I have decided my ground-type. Other options include trying something new, like Cubone or Numel.

Last slot I'm not going to decide right now, I'll see as I play.

Anyway, thanks, I'll get started as soon as I find a Black/White ROM (I don't want to overwrite my cartridge, and besides I wanted to try VW/BB.)

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Band Manager
    You tavel Kanto looking for potential Clients. You will do anything to get someone to sign with you. You also love playing music yourself and will use any excuse to play

Pokemon
    Dragonite - Brains, Mythical Creature, Dragon, Halloween.
    Blastoise - Sky Blue, Muscular, Cancer, Gary Oak
    Umbreon - Evil, Halloween, Gary Oak

Special Mission
    You must recruit (catch) a Jigglypuff and use it as part of your team. It must learn and keep Sing for the whole game. It can not be used in Gym/Elite 4 Battles.

You must use the Pokeflute to awake both Snorlax's

Okay, my second and final update. And this is one huge update.

Spoiler:

Ah, this was kind of fun overall. Like my prediction. Though, I didn't agree with my trainer class. I thought it was irrelevant and random. And the special missions weren't even hard. The hassle was raising a Jigglypuff, and it was just stupid.

Can we do this challenge again? I'm considering it, though probably on a different game and changing up a few things on the trainer exam thing, just so I don't get similar pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back