• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Personality Examination

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Almost forgot to put up my answers for participation!!

Username: -ty-
    Game: Emerald

Spoiler:

Missionary
    You are quite talented in many aspects, and a well rounded individual. A born leader, you have a passionate battling style. You also simply enjoy the thoughts of tropical vacation, for the views and for the females.

Team:
    Manetric, electric-type, dog, slender, colorful.

Crawdaunt (I would give Milotic, but I'm sure you don't want to hack/trade it in. If you do, you can use that instead), water-type, brave, Aquarius.

Sceptile, grass-type, slender, calm. (I hate giving out starters...)

Special Missions
    Win a pokemon contest in the master rank. Choose at your choice, but you have to reach the master rank, only one pokemon. This showcases your artistic nature. This should allow your pokemon to be painted and placed in the museum (unless that's after E4).

Manetric must know Roar.

Sceptile, being the flirty gecko it is, must know Attract. It's quite the Mr. Valentine. Or Ms.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Missionary
    You are quite talented in many aspects, and a well rounded individual. A born leader, you have a passionate battling style. You also simply enjoy the thoughts of tropical vacation, for the views and for the females.

Team:

Crawdaunt (I would give Milotic, but I'm sure you don't want to hack/trade it in. If you do, you can use that instead), water-type, brave, Aquarius.

Sceptile, grass-type, slender, calm. (I hate giving out starters...)

Special Missions
    Win a pokemon contest in the master rank. Choose at your choice, but you have to reach the master rank, only one pokemon. This showcases your artistic nature. This should allow your pokemon to be painted and placed in the museum (unless that's after E4).

Manetric must know Roar.

Sceptile, being the flirty gecko it is, must know Attract. It's quite the Mr. Valentine. Or Ms.

I am going to hunt down a Feebas the good old fashion way, lol. Only because I love Milotic! Love the team, mission, and trainer class. Well...the only thing is that females are drawn to me often, but my sights will be on the guys, especially if they happen to be Darren Criss!

ExGiygas

The Madman In The TV
    Years
  • I decided to do one more tonight...Exgiygus!

Paranormal Investigator:
    You test whether or not there are negative energies to a gym, city, or wild area. Your pokemon, like you are able to sense the sentiments of the opposing pokemon.

Gothitelle-Black, Attractive, brains, psychic,

Zoroark - Black, mythical creature, dark, muscular

Chandelure- Black, ghost, thanksgiving(dining candles), brains

Special Mission

Ever heard of a Ghost player? They are used in baseball, and other activities in place of a person. Essentially a team that has a ghost player, is down an extra player. For this challenge, you may never switch pokemon once you challenge a trainer, unless your pokemon faints. Choose your pokemon wisely before battles.

Neat. :D Am I able to cheat them? Like catch them in the wild from the start? Or do I have to trade? Becuase the latter is actually MUCH harder on me when I DON'T have a legendary. Oh, I'll be doing this on an actual Nintendo DS, as well

Last edited:

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Since it seems like you are finally catching up with your list, I'll join!

Name: Cathar
    Game: Voltwhite/Blazeblack

Spoiler:

A team where I can actually get at least 2 Pokémon before the third gym would be nice. Here's a list of what I can catch in Voltwhite and Blazeblack before the third gym:
    Spoiler:

Looking forward to my team! Whacky, crazy Pokémon and missions are appreciated ^^

Cheers,
    Peter

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2011
    Name: Algiers
    Game: FireRed

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • This looks interesting :)

A. Actshon
    B. Heart Gold (Can trade/hack in Pokemon)
    C. Male

Spoiler:

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years

• Neat. :D Am I able to cheat them? Like catch them in the wild from the start? Or do I have to trade? Becuase the latter is actually MUCH harder on me when I DON'T have a legendary. Oh, I'll be doing this on an actual Nintendo DS, as well

Yep! You can hack them in especially since, gothita is not available until the 4th gym. Good kuck; have fun.

ExGiygas

The Madman In The TV
    Years
  • Yep! You can hack them in especially since, gothita is not available until the 4th gym. Good kuck; have fun.

Sweet! :D Can I start tomorrow? I was gonna go to bed (Even though it's 7:21 PM where I am, lol.). I just remembered I can get one of them quickly using a code for getting one of them as a starter but I'm not certain what effects that would have on the 1st Gym.

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Missionary

Team:

Milotic, water-type, brave, Aquarius.

Sceptile, grass-type, slender, calm.

Special Missions

Manetric must know Roar.

Sceptile, being the flirty gecko it is, must know Attract. It's quite the Mr. Valentine.

Okay, so I obviously chose Treecko as my starter!
    - we defeated Roxanne and Brawly.
    - Evolved Treecko to Grovyle.
    - Then I caught Electrike.
    - We defeated Watson.
    - Evolved Electrike into Manetric.
    - Manetric learned Roar.
    - Manetric won it's first Cool contest ribbon.
    - We are headed out to the next gym.

Manetric - lvl. 32

Grovyle - lvl. 32

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    So, I would've had a much more reasonable update up about a week ago...but I wanted to wait for my internet cap to reset so I could upload some pics, but I can't really be bothered with that right now, so...maybe I'll edit them in later.

Traveling Teacher - Your Pokemon are your students, and your job is to make them better and help them build their character.

Team Members -
    Slaking - Lazy, Earth tones, Good
    Tangrowth- Pasta, Blue, Brains
    Probopass - Feminine, Steel, doesn't seem very confident

Mission -
    As a teacher, you have to grade each Classmate's (Pokemon's) performance after each update, on a scale of 1-10, with an explantaion.

About your pokemon:
    Slaking is a lazy student, so it is always the last Pokemon to fight in tests (major battles).

Probopass is your shy student, so it cannot fight female Pokemon in major battles until it learns one of these moves : Attract, Captivate or Rest.

Tangrowth is a smart student, so it has one status move (like poison powder) and one TM\HM.

Also, you have to capture a Pokemon which has the essence of an assistant, to help you grade the student Pokemon.

You have another free slot for any Pokemon you'd like.

-I hacked for a Tangela (Tania) as my starter (in place of cacnea so the rival battle still matches up)
    -Got her to level 10 and beat Brendan (team of 6 vs Tania, no contest)
    -Caught Slakoth (Sally)
    -Saved the Devon guy
    -Taught Tania Bullet Seed
    -Tania swept through Roxanne's team with growth boosted Bullet Seeds
    -Saved Devon guy's goods and Peeko
    -Got the Pokenav, goods and letter
    -Tania swept Brendan (ugh, diverse team with decent levels)
    -Caught Nosepass (Sue)
    -Delivered the letter
    -Beat Team Aqua in the museum
    -Delivered the goods
    -Beat Brendan again
    -Got Attract in Verdanturf Town, taught it to Sue
    -Evolved Sally
    -Beat Wally
    -Beat Brawly
    -Beat the Winstrates
    -Beat Wattson
    -Beat Team Magma at the volcano
    -Stopped for a bit of grinding for the first time since Roxanne, evolved Sue and Tania
    -Beat Flannery
    -Since I needed to grind, and still only just won (Well, okay, only Tania fainted, and Sue was still in pretty good shape, but I had to use an ether) decided I could use some help, finally got an assistant, Faye the Trapinch
    -Headed back to Petalburg City and turned off the game

Team:
    Sally - Level 31 Vigoroth - 5/10
    (Secret Power, Yawn, Encore, Slack Off)
    Sally very rarely has a chance to stand out. While she usually does good when given the chance, she fails more often then I'd like. She's definitely dragging behind the others but hopefully that will change once she evolves.

Tania - Level 33 Tangrowth - 10/10
    (Bullet Seed, Mega Drain, Ancient Power, Growth)
    Wow. She's handled almost every major hurdle the class encountered on her own (pretty sure it's just Wattson, Flannery and Maxie so far that she didn't solo). I think she may have gotten a little weaker since she evolved though, since I insisted on teaching her ancient power despite it not being necessary. The need for a TM move is proving mildly annoying as I can't think of anything worth her having, so she's still using bullet seed.

Sue - Level 34 Probopass - 8/10
    (Rock Slide, Attract, Thunder Wave, Block)
    While she hasn't done anything as impressive as Tania, Sue has still been a reliable member of the team. After evolving, she gained some truly monstrous defenses. I hope she learns Rest soon though, as attract appears to be a 5 power normal attack.

Faye - Level 26 Trapinch - 10/10
    (Bite, Dig, Sand-Attack, Strength)
    Not much to go on at this point, but she tanked a rock slide from something almost twice her level, that's pretty impressive if you ask me.

ExGiygas

The Madman In The TV
    Years
  • -Ty-, is it ok to use my real name or do I use my username, ExGiygas?

Nevermind. ExGiygas won't fit (Stupid letter limit) so I wen't with my real name.

Update #1:
    Spoiler:

Update #2
    Spoiler:

My Team:
    Hanyuu (My Litwick)
    Lv.7

Rika (My Zorua)
    Lv.1

Satoko (My Gothita)
    Lv.1

For the curious, yes, I DO love the Higurashi anime as well as Pokemon. I just happen to like Rena, Shion, & Mion but Hanyuu, Rika, & Satoko make sense in a way. XD

Last edited:

psyanic

Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Dratizard said:
    When will you continue with the list? It stopped 2 days ago
    I've been busy, personally. That may just but me, but I'm sure other people on the forums are also busy. Besides, why don't you help with the list? It cuts down everyone's waiting time.

Username: Arnold
    Game: Emerald

Spoiler:

Chemist
    A born man of science, looking for answers towards the reliable answers rather than an actual though process. In other words, very experimental and a bit conformist.

Team:
    Alakazam (Kadabra if you can't trade), intelligent, strong against poison, brains.

Banette, ghost-type, brains, science.

Manectric, panther-like, electric-type, rock music.

Special Missions
    Alakazam is the natural born chemist, therefore it must know Toxic.

Manetric must know a sound-based attack.

Banette is the jokester and neutralizes Alakazam's serious demeanor. It must know Trick.

Arnold

...?
    Years
  • This team is good but I cannot evolve on an emulator so I will use Kadabra. The mission sounds kind of easy but it's still good.

Last edited:

psyanic

Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    This team is good but I cannot evolve on an emulator so I will use Kadabra. The mission sounds kind of easy but it's still good.
    If you're using an emulator, it's perfectly fine to hack it in as an Alakazam, just at a low level. Or, catch an Abra and raise it to level sixteen, evolve to a Kadabra, then hack in a separate Alakazam so you feel like you've actually raised it to an Alakazam. Then again, you might want a "pure" experience and not do any of that.

I'm running out of ideas on special missions, but I suppose you should win a Master Rank in the Smart Contest. A bit more difficult, since you have to get all those dreadful berries and moves.

Arnold

...?
    Years
  • If you're using an emulator, it's perfectly fine to hack it in as an Alakazam, just at a low level. Or, catch an Abra and raise it to level sixteen, evolve to a Kadabra, then hack in a separate Alakazam so you feel like you've actually raised it to an Alakazam. Then again, you might want a "pure" experience and not do any of that.

I'm running out of ideas on special missions, but I suppose you should win a Master Rank in the Smart Contest. A bit more difficult, since you have to get all those dreadful berries and moves.

That sounds good but I will probably just hack Alakazam.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    If someone can tell me who the next two people on the list are, I can do their teams in the next few hours,, I've got some time to kill.

Years
  • The next 3 are Kur'Tal (me), Breezy, and Dratizard
    Looks very interesting - I'll bite

Username: Kur'Tal
    Game: Emulated Pokemon Black

Spoiler:
    Name: Breezy.
    Game: Pearl

Spoiler:

1)
    A) Dratizard
    B) Leaf-Green
    C) I... think... I'm gonna use female. I have played the game so many times male

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
  • This is my first time doing this but oh well:
    Kur'tal here is yours

Job:
    Astronaut
    You have just gone to the moon and have come back to Unova to have a rest. Because of this, you now love jirachi

Gardenvoir-Psychic, Mewtwo, Green, Brains
    Special Missions: This is your space buddy and if things go wrong it keeps you calm, So it must know Calm Mind and be a girl.(It seems better as a girl)

Honchkrow- Muscular, birds, Dark, Evil, Parrot(Well its a bird)
    Special missions: When you're sad, This guy cheers you up by playing pranks on other people. but he also is a naughty bird. He should know Taunt, Torment or Trick(Hack in Trick if possible).He needs a jolly or naughty nature.

Camerupt- Muscular, Volcano, Earth tones.
    Special missions: in space this guy keeps you warm, So he should know at least two fire-type moves, and will need to face Brycen and All non-wild ice types you battle.

Good Luck.
    Other special missions: You aren't allowed to use items against The Ground gym and One E4 member

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back