• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Personality Examination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Job:
    Astronaut
    You have just gone to the moon and have come back to Unova to have a rest. Because of this, you now love jirachi

Gardenvoir-Psychic, Mewtwo, Green, Brains
    Special Missions: This is your space buddy and if things go wrong it keeps you calm, So it must know Calm Mind and be a girl.(It seems better as a girl)

Honchkrow- Muscular, birds, Dark, Evil, Parrot(Well its a bird)
    Special missions: When you're sad, This guy cheers you up by playing pranks on other people. but he also is a naughty bird. He should know Taunt, Torment or Trick(Hack in Trick if possible).He needs a jolly or naughty nature.

Camerupt- Muscular, Volcano, Earth tones.
    Special missions: in space this guy keeps you warm, So he should know at least two fire-type moves, and will need to face Brycen and All non-wild ice types you battle.

Good Luck.
    Other special missions: You aren't allowed to use items against The Ground gym and One E4 member

Update #4
    Spoiler:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    Traveling Teacher - Your Pokemon are your students, and your job is to make them better and help them build their character.

Team Members -
    Slaking - Lazy, Earth tones, Good
    Tangrowth- Pasta, Blue, Brains
    Probopass - Feminine, Steel, doesn't seem very confident

Mission -
    As a teacher, you have to grade each Classmate's (Pokemon's) performance after each update, on a scale of 1-10, with an explantaion.

About your pokemon:
    Slaking is a lazy student, so it is always the last Pokemon to fight in tests (major battles).

Probopass is your shy student, so it cannot fight female Pokemon in major battles until it learns one of these moves : Attract, Captivate or Rest.

Tangrowth is a smart student, so it has one status move (like poison powder) and one TM\HM.

Also, you have to capture a Pokemon which has the essence of an assistant, to help you grade the student Pokemon.

You have another free slot for any Pokemon you'd like.

-Vs Liza and Tate:
    Started off with Sue and Faye, used thunderbolt to make them switch arcanine for Piloswine. Faye got KOd by Piloswine. Tania one hit KOd it with Giga Drain. Then did the same to Dewgong. Sue and Tania got paralyzed by bounces from Rapidash. Tania KOd Claydol with a few giga drains. Tania fainted to a Fire Blast. Sally came out and one shotted Arcanine with Hyper Beam. Sue finished off Rapidash and Xatu with thunderbolt.

-Fought off Team Magma at the Space Center

-Vs. Maxie and Tabitha in the greatest battle in the entire franchise why couldn't the fight against Mars and Jupiter with Barry work like this:
    I led off with Faye, who two shotted Maxie's Mightyena with Dragonbreath before taking out his Camerupt with a Dig and his Crobat with 2 strengths. Meanwhile, Metang hadn't even beaten Tabitha's Camerupt, leaving Faye to finish it with Strength. Dragonbreath was a two hit KO on Mightyena and Golbat was taken down in a team effort.

-Got Dive
    -Headed to Sootopolis, got brick break and taught it to Sally
    -Went to the Seafloor Cavern and beat up Team Aqua

-Vs Archie:
    Tania took down Mightyena with a giga drain and a mega drain. One shotted Dewgong with a giga drain. Ditto for Wailord. Crobat went down to 2 ancientpowers and a giga drain. Sharpedo went down to one mega drain. Umbreon took about 3 twice boosted mega drains before fainting. Okay, Tania doesn't suck...well, she does, but that's why she's awesome.

-Kyogre used fly, Archie became confused.
    -Bad stuff started happening
    -Went back to Sootopolis, met Wallace
    -Went to Sky Pillar, woke Rayquaza
    -Flew back to Sootopolis, saw Rayquaza telling Kyogre and Groudon to knock it off
    -Got waterfall and headed into the gym

-Vs Juan:
    Nidoqueen went down to one earthquake from Faye, Dragonair took two dragonbreaths (...it tried to use thunder wave, shouldn't this AI be smarter?), Kingdra was a team effort between Sue and Tania, Dugtrio went down to one Mega Drain, same for Whiscash and crawdaunt.

-...I'm wondering if I completely misread Winona's levels, since Juan didn't seem tough at all
    -Victory Road time!

-Vs Wally:
    Altaria went down to two dragonbreaths, Starmie took two thunderbolts, Gallade took two earthquakes, Roserade took one, Butterfree went down to a rock slide and Magnezone got earthquaked.

-made it through!
    -Elite Four time!

-Vs Sidney:
    Dewgong went down to 2 Mega Drains, but unfortunately set up Hail. Lapras took two Giga Drains to take out. I switched Sue in to deal with Absol, who went down in 2 thunderbolts and a rock slide. Faye took on Shiftry and beat it down with strength. Xatu, surprisingly, survived a thunderbolt from Sue...fortunately her sitrus berry took her out of healing range and she went down to a second one. Exeggutor went down to 2 crunches from Faye.

-Vs Phoebe:
    Hitmonlee was surprisingly bulky, needing two giga drains and an ancientpower to defeat. Dusknoir surprised me when it ice beamed Faye...however apparently its special attack isn't that impressive. Sue went out and...apparently it knows earthquake too, attack's not very impressive either. (Seriously, it hit two 4x weaknesses and didn't KO anything) Tania went out and finally Dusknoir KOd something. Wait...Tania, Faye, Sue...Well, looks like it's Sally's turn. :D 2 shadow balls and a full restore later, Dusknoir was down. Sally proceeded to take down machamp with a hyper beam, after it KOd everyone else, Forretress came out and I decided to revive Faye. She exploded, the strongest move in the game...and Sally (who had lost a bit of health to Dusknoir) shrugged it off (Well, was left with 20/240, but when something with effectively 500 power hits, that's shrugging it off). Muk fell to one earthquake from Faye. Banette managed to hold on with what I'm guessing was one HP, only to get hit with another earthquake.

-Vs Glacia:
    Faye omnomnomed Gengar. Tania did the same to Onix. She tried to do the same to Walrein...but it survived and ice beamed her. Sue eventually beat the walrus cosplayer. Faye beat Hitmonderp, who thought using dig was a smart move. Glalie exploded against Sue...dealing about 20 damage (even with her 4x resistance, that's 125 power...I love Probopass). Faye earthquaked Arbok.

-Vs Drake:
    Aerodactyl didn't like Sue's thunderbolts or lightning. Kingdra was flashed repeatedly by Tania (as revenge for Juan's smokescreen spam) before being giga drained. Flygon vs Faye, he crunched, I dragonbreathed and paralyzed, the next shot finished it. Dragonite KOd itself after taking two rock slides from Sue. Houndoom spammed double team, but one thunderbolt and one rock slide was all it took to KO. Umbreon came out and...well, I'm allowed to use Sally now, I think. Two Brick Breaks did about 99% of its HP, Faye came in to finish it off.

-headed in to the final battle...

-Vs Wallace:
    Sue beat Pidgeot with two thunderbolts. Tania giga drained Ludicolo...which apparently triggered the champion level AI's "water vs grass = bad" bit, causing Dragonite to come out...okay! After expending all of Tania's ancientpowers, I swapped her out for Sue, who finished it with rock slide. Next up, Ludicolo, round tw-...Charizard! I used a full restore to heal the damage/paralysis that Sue got from Dragonite and Tania copped a flamethrower...ouch. Predictably, one rock slide beat the pseudo-dragon. Again, Ludicolo came out. Faye beat it with one strength. Milotic came out, Sue barely survived a surf and didn't really do much damage in return. I revived Tania and Sue fainted...Apparently Milotic is faster than Tangrowth, as Tania got ice beamed before she could do anything. Sally came out and...that attack stat + STAB Hyper Beam. :D Finally, Alakazam. Faye nommed it.

MoemonEternal-V3_03-1.png

VICTORY!

MoemonEternal-V3_01-1.png
    MoemonEternal-V3_02-2.png
    MoemonEternal-V3_03-2.png
    MoemonEternal-V3_04-1.png

Everyone: 10/10

Honestly, everyone played the roles I expected of them perfectly throughout the Elite Four. I wish I had space in someone's skill set to put in aerial ace for those grass types, but evidently it wasn't necessary. Sally's ability was annoying at times, but most of the time it just seemed to be removing the downside of Hyper Beam. Sue's defenses were fantastic, thunderbolt was great on her, even with her somewhat average Special Attack. Faye was brilliant, as expected, giving her earthquake made her amazing. I'll admit that Tania still wasn't as good as she had been in the past, and the only reason she had Flash was because I couldn't be bothered flying to Lilycove to delete it, but it was useful...kinda.

Of course...it occurs to me now that I'm posting this that with the way it was phrased, maybe Tania was supposed to know a move that inflicts a status ailment rather than a move that's classified as status...

Also, I'm thinking I might do this challenge again. After I've finished one of my others.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Throwing my hat in the ring here.

[FONT=&quot]User Name: Elder Trainer
    Game: White
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Job:
    Astronaut
    You have just gone to the moon and have come back to Unova to have a rest. Because of this, you now love jirachi

Special Missions: This is your space buddy and if things go wrong it keeps you calm, So it must know Calm Mind and be a girl.(It seems better as a girl)

Special missions: When you're sad, This guy cheers you up by playing pranks on other people. but he also is a naughty bird. He should know Taunt, Torment or Trick(Hack in Trick if possible).He needs a jolly or naughty nature.

Special missions: in space this guy keeps you warm, So he should know at least two fire-type moves, and will need to face Brycen and All non-wild ice types you battle.

Good Luck.
    Other special missions: You aren't allowed to use items against The Ground gym and One E4 member

Update #5
    Spoiler:

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    This looks interesting :)

A. Actshon
    B. Heart Gold (Can trade/hack in Pokemon)
    C. Male

Spoiler:

Trainer class:
    Swimming Instructor:
    While not a teacher in the traditional sense, you help those who can't swim, or aren't very good at it, to learn.

Team:
    Flygon: Green. Dragon, Smart (most of its natural moves are) and unattractive.

Lantern: Beach (water type), Electric, Mammal (it looks like it's got a bit of dolphin-ness about it), Pisces.

Lucario: Brave, Muscular (well, that attack stat's gotta come from somewhere), Fighting/Steel is great for beating down those normal types you loathe, Mammal.

Special Mission: As a swimming instructor, you want to teach as many people to swim as possible...by whatever means necessary. Lantern must learn surf ASAP and use it at least once per battle once it has. Unless you're in the water of course, those people already know how to surf.

Flygon must always (once possible) know at least 2 smart moves.

Lucario must win a power medal in the Pokeathlon.

I hope this is okay. If not, feel free to wait for someone else.

King Walrus

Finnish Trainer
    Years
  • This looks like fun

A) USERNAME: King Walrus
    B) WHICH GAME: White, but I cant hack or trade, so no pokemon that need trade or hack
    C) GENDER: male

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Job:
    Astronaut

Good Luck.

Update #6
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Hello everyone!!!

This is my first and last update (I finished a few hours ago):

Spoiler:

Years
  • Trainer class:
    Swimming Instructor:
    While not a teacher in the traditional sense, you help those who can't swim, or aren't very good at it, to learn.

Team:
    Flygon: Green. Dragon, Smart (most of its natural moves are) and unattractive.

Lantern: Beach (water type), Electric, Mammal (it looks like it's got a bit of dolphin-ness about it), Pisces.

Lucario: Brave, Muscular (well, that attack stat's gotta come from somewhere), Fighting/Steel is great for beating down those normal types you loathe, Mammal.

Special Mission: As a swimming instructor, you want to teach as many people to swim as possible...by whatever means necessary. Lantern must learn surf ASAP and use it at least once per battle once it has. Unless you're in the water of course, those people already know how to surf.

Flygon must always (once possible) know at least 2 smart moves.

Lucario must win a power medal in the Pokeathlon.

I hope this is okay. If not, feel free to wait for someone else.

That sounds okay, Flygon and Lanturn are two of my favorite Pokemon :P. I'll get started now.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I can't tell if all the previous entrants have already been assigned. Someone already did Actshon or Algiers, I forget. I'm too tired and groggy. Anyway, sorry if I skipped you. I need to compile a list >.>

Throwing my hat in the ring here.

[FONT=&quot]User Name: Elder Trainer
    Game: White
    Spoiler:

Poet
    A person of sentiment. You value the simplicity of life and all, so your battling style is pretty straight forward. No tricks, just simplicity at its most basic form. You aspire to create and read, and also enjoy the beauty of literature.

Team:
    Haxorus, dragon-type, persistent, muscular.
    612_haxorus_front_norm.png

Reuniclus, psychic-type, brains, strong against poison-types.
    579_reuniclus_front_norm.png

Simisear, fire-type, muscular, volcano.
    514_simisear_front_norm.png

Special Missions
    Write a poem for each update. It can be a haiku, limerick, etc. Just write a poem that's relevant to your update, preferably one that is basically your update.

Haxorus is the brawny figure, so it must assert its dominance over all your other pokemon. It is first in all important battles, such as Gym Battles.

You can only use two pokemon per gym. No more. If one faints, you cannot revive it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Seems like a good fit....Haxorus is one of my favorite Pokemon, and the other two seem like they'll be interesting to use.

Need some clarification, though. Since Reuniclus and Haxorus are not normally obtainable until some time later, would I be interpreting rule 5 correctly in assuming I could hack or trade them in? And would I be starting with my team's base forms until I can evolve them? Finally, would I be relying on my starter at first, or just the 3 members of my team?

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
  • Username: The Eagle ( Ingame - Adam or Eagle )
    Game: Actually make it Ruby
    Gender- Male

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Can you PM once you've put my details up? I still might not do this challenge but I'd like to.

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Need some clarification, though. Since Reuniclus and Haxorus are not normally obtainable until some time later, would I be interpreting rule 5 correctly in assuming I could hack or trade them in? And would I be starting with my team's base forms until I can evolve them? Finally, would I be relying on my starter at first, or just the 3 members of my team?

I'd say hack/trade in only one of the two. Keep it interesting and try to catch two. Honestly, you don't have to have them in your base form if you don't catch it in the base form. But yeah, you will probably have them in the base form to evolve them. Just be sure they actually evolve.

You will be relying on your starter until you can catch one of them. Unless you decide to trade/hack one in then that's completely fine. Just try not to have all of your pokemon through that method.

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
    Years
  • 1) Fill out this user information form. (NO SPOILER)

A) USERNAME: xiodinex
    B) WHICH GAME: Pokémon White
    C) GENDER: Female

2) Fill out A-Z personality test (just provide letter and answer in post in a SPOILER)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd say hack/trade in only one of the two. Keep it interesting and try to catch two. Honestly, you don't have to have them in your base form if you don't catch it in the base form. But yeah, you will probably have them in the base form to evolve them. Just be sure they actually evolve.

You will be relying on your starter until you can catch one of them. Unless you decide to trade/hack one in then that's completely fine. Just try not to have all of your pokemon through that method.

In that case I'll hack in an Axew when I get to Accumula Town and get the others normally. Would it be ok to use Oshawott as an HM slave just for the one part where I need to use Cut so that it doesn't take up space on my main team's movelists?

LillithSilver

Tooth & Eye
    Years
  • I'd like to do this.

A) USERNAME: Fallenteangel
    B) WHICH GAME: Heart Gold
    C) GENDER: Female

Spoiler:

Years
  • A) USERNAME: dango989
    B) WHICH GAME: FIrered
    C) GENDER: Male

Spoiler:

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Thank you for doing mine Cathar and for choosing for me an awesome trainer class! I will get started sometime soon, though it might have to be on Diamond rather than Pearl.

Years
  • Yet another Update
    Job:
    Spoiler:

Update #7:
    Spoiler:

Niriate

Rivalist
    Years
  • Small update, too busy with college.

Game: Platinum
    Challenge:
    Spoiler:

- Used the save from my intended Solo-pokemon run to continue. (was on route 202). Starter is Piplup, nicknamed Pliplup (Will slave later on for Surf, Waterfall, Cut and Dive)
    - Caught Shinx, nicknamed AED
    - Caught Starly, nicknamed HM Slave (Fly and Defog)
    - Did everything in Jubilife
    - Grinding with AED and Pliplup on route 203 and Oreburgh Gate
    - Caught Machop on Route 206, nicknamed HM Slave 2 (Rock Smash, Strength)
    - AED evolved into Luxio after learning Bite at 17
    - Pliplup evolved.
    - Beat Roarke
    - Caught Buizel in Valley Windworks, nicknamed Solosleen (Basque for Lifeguard)
    - Chased Team Galactic out of the Windworks.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back