• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer's behaviour after being defeated

MarvinLock

Starting with Pkmn Essentials!
Years
  • So, I've made a trainer event.

bqJ5xXK.png

I want the trainer to do something after he has been defeated (ask me if I have a rod, and gives me one if I reply "No").
    How is this possible? I added this event to the second event page, having "Self Switch: A" enabled but what the trainer does when being defeated, is just saying the "EndBattle" comment. What am I doing wrong?

tibM18P.png

Thanks!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • the self switch A event should be set to autorun, then switch to self switch b when its all over that is set to action button

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You've still got the comments on the first page. They override and erase anything you tinker with. Remove them and try again.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • EDIT: Dammit Maruno, you're a ninja.

The problem is that you edited the Event-page without removing the Comment-Commands I believe.
    The Comment-Commands you use to create Trainers will override custom edits to the Event-pages you've made if you don't remove them after having successfully created the Trainer.

If you want to make "custom Trainers":
    1. Use the Comment-Commands to create the Trainer.
    2. Playtest the game once, so the REAL Event-Commands are generated.
    3. Remove the Comment-Commands
    4. Edit your Trainer however you please.
    5. Success!

MarvinLock

Starting with Pkmn Essentials!
    Years
  • the self switch A event should be set to autorun, then switch to self switch b when its all over that is set to action button

I changed the second event page to "Autorun" but I still get the same response.

What's on the third page?

Just a "Show text" command that will be executed after Self Switch B is ON.

You've still got the comments on the first page. They override and erase anything you tinker with. Remove them and try again.

EDIT: Dammit Maruno, you're a ninja.

The problem is that you edited the Event-page without removing the Comment-Commands I believe.
    The Comment-Commands you use to create Trainers will override custom edits to the Event-pages you've made if you don't remove them after having successfully created the Trainer.

If you want to make "custom Trainers":
    1. Use the Comment-Commands to create the Trainer.
    2. Playtest the game once, so the REAL Event-Commands are generated.
    3. Remove the Comment-Commands
    4. Edit your Trainer however you please.
    5. Success!

Thank you both! Problem solved!

Back