• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Training in FireRed

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
Years
  • I'm having trouble beating the league, they kick my butt because my pokes are really really really weak.

I need to know the best place to train, and if you say use the vs. seeker, please tell me where is the best place to use it to get the most possible exp out of it.

My team (My game is in spanish so i cant translate the natures and some attacks):

Charizard lvl 55
    Moves:
    Fly
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower
    Fire Blast

Raichu lvl 50
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Rock Smash

Vaporeaon lvl 45
    Moves:
    Surf
    Aurora Beam
    Hydro Pulse
    Quick Attack

Onix lvl 48
    Moves:
    Iron Tail
    Earthquake
    Strength
    Dig

Hypno lvl 35
    Moves:
    Confusion
    Psychic
    Flash
    Slam

Last poke i dont know what to pick.

Yes i know i have a very bad team with very bad moves, but after i finish the league im going to catch Suicune and Restart, because all im doing is collecting all the Legendary dogs.

Thanks for any help

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • If you're serious about your team, then here's my advice. Scrap the Onix. It's only useful for getting a Steelix. Left unevolved it has surprisingly rubbish stats. If you only have it for it's Rock/Ground abilities, get a Rhyhorn and an eventual Rhydon.. ;D
    Your only other real problem is your Hypno, which I approve of, but it needs to be at a way higher level to be a real help at the E4.

Also, I see you don't have an HM slave. Get one. I recommend Krabby. A powerful Pokemon like Raichu shouldn't have to waste it's usefulness with Rock Smash, neither should Hypno with Flash. On that note, why does Raichu know Rain Dance? =/ Replace it and Rock Smash with Shock Wave and a powerful Normal attack like Headbutt or preferably Body Slam. <3
    Back to Hypo: Slam is a good attack, but it is unreliably inaccurate and WILL let you down when you need it.. Replace it and Flash with Toxic and a good Ghost attack. I can't think of any atm, so I leave that to you. =)

And finally, I make it somewhat of a point for myself to make my whole team at least lv.50 when I want to take any Elite 4 on, and it really helps. You should maybe do the same. Anything at lv.45 or under won't fare well.. )=

Like Testrum said, Victory Road is your best shot, though I prefer the three islands. ;P
    I hope that helps!!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • For the training, may I also suggest the VS. Seeker?? There should be some trainers of higher levels around before fighting the E4 that should give you a decent amount of training in rebattle.

There should be an old man that restores the Pokemon's old attacks.

Gah! I was an expert at the Fire red and Leaf green. LOL... now I forgot x_x

That man is in Fuschia City, but does not reteach TM moves. Only the moves that the Pokemon would have learnt by levelling up.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • For the training, may I also suggest the VS. Seeker?? There should be some trainers of higher levels around before fighting the E4 that should give you a decent amount of training in rebattle.

That man is in Fuschia City, but does not reteach TM moves. Only the moves that the Pokemon would have learnt by levelling up.

Oh yeah.... I remember now... Too bad...

but I think you can buy Toxic or Shockwave at the game corner.

solopy567

Years

But which trainers should i use? I cant use vs. seeker in the victory road so what am i suppose to do?

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • But which trainers should i use? I cant use vs. seeker in the victory road so what am i suppose to do?

The trainers on the first three Sevault Islands are a good alternative. ;)

solopy567 said:
    Problem is, i lost the Toxic and Shockwave TM so i cant use them!

Hmm, that is a bummer.. Alright, teach Hypo Hypnosis and Dream Eater. As for Raichu, maybe a nice impedimenting move like Thunder Wave.

legendtaker

I steal legends. MWAHAHAHA
    Years
  • i find the best place to train for me is in the route right of fusicha. use the vs seeker to challenge all trainers in route. by the time i'd fininshed training all the people in that route had lvl 50's!! and make sure you go up to the maze bit but you can leave out the bikers there if you like.

solopy567

Years
  • To teach Raichu Thunder Wave i need to use the Move Reteacher, but i have no mushrooms to give him!
    Also, Hypno doesn't learn Dream Eater naturally, only Nightmare...However Haunter learns both attacks naturally, but i cant evolve him yet because i need to beat the league.

Can't believe so many problem come up because of this

Last edited:

romanwhiz

'We live in crazy days'
    Years
  • To teach Raichu Thunder Wave i need to use the Move Reteacher, but i have no mushrooms to give him!
    Also, Hypno doesn't learn Dream Eater naturally, only Nightmare...However Haunter learns both attacks naturally, but i cant evolve him yet because i need to beat the league.

Can't believe so many problem come up because of this

isn't there a move tutor on Viridian City that teaches Dream Eater? i believe in the SouthWest area, he teaches Dream Eater.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • solopy567 said:
    To teach Raichu Thunder Wave i need to use the Move Reteacher, but i have no mushrooms to give him!

Simply catch a Paras or two. =/

romanwhiz said:
    isn't there a move tutor on Viridian City that teaches Dream Eater? i believe in the SouthWest area, he teaches Dream Eater.

That's what I was referring to. You have to Surf over a little bit to get to him. ;D

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Scrap the Onix dude, I mean, really. Onix? It's basically the universal fodder rock type.

I always reccomend Gengar, ALWAYS. It is fast, has great resistences, and is easy to teach, learns a wide variety of moves, and can also take a hit surprisingly well.

I'd also get a Dragonite (game corner Dratini FTW!) It does great against Lance with Ice Beam/Outrage and also is helpful against Gary, Loreli (thunderbolt) Bruno (Aerial Ace or EQ)

Hypno is meh, so make it a supporter overall. It isn't really offensive.

That's my two cents.

Goalie-35
    Years
  • Try looking for a replacement for onix and upgrade hypno. I recommend Alakazam for a psychic pokemon. this is kinda off-topic but after you beat E4 train at Ilse 7 . Use Vs seeker, that's where i trained mypokemon to lv. 100=)

Back