• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Training: Tedious, or fun?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I just cannot see how this is only for D/P/P....

It's only enjoying when you are up against a stack of impossibilities, such as facing UCP Trainers with a party full of monsters.

Another thing that makes training enjoyable is when I EV train. The sight of my Pokémons' stats boost higher than they should be makes me content.

The Red Chain

It's pretty fun, considering I love to battle anyway.
    Such a pity you can't gain experience in the Battle Tower..

EV training I really enjoy as well. Watching the stat boosts has always got me ready to do more battles and see how much my Pokemon has improved. :'3

Years
    Training is great, where would we all be if we hadn't ever grinded down to the bone to beat the Elite Four (or even Brock, xD) in R/B/Y??

I mean, it can get tedious, but the end result is worth it, especially when you just go to the Pokemon menu and bask in the ambience of greatness.

BTW, I'm training now, Lucario WILL pwn all soon, lol.

(Yayy for first post! Lol)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I hate battling trainers and wild Pokemon. It's annoying and is getting in my way when I need to go to a city/do the Galactic quest.

(Unless it's unavoidable, and helps me collect the Pokedex entries, and helps me get my Pokemon's levels up, then whatever. Bring it on!)

So no, and yes.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    Yeah Ookami Shipper hit the nail of the head, it depends. XD

I like it most of the time, but if I was to constantly train Pokemon all the time, I'd get seriously bored I think. It's also much better if you have the Power Items from the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier (Plat).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Training can be annoying when your not in the mood, and just want to get over with it already...but if you're in the mood and feeling great about the whole training thing, it is quite fun.

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    It really depends on my mood. If I have something else I am getting ready for, I get anxious and start to hate training. So usually throughout the progression of the story I dislike it, but once it is done, and I am ready for competitive battling and such it is much more fun and rewarding. I think playing mmorpgs really helped me get passed disliking the grind.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I would defiantly have to say it depends on my mood.
    It can be fun if I like the Pokemon I'm using.
    If I don't like the Pokemon then I probably wont like training.

Back