• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Transfer question

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    Hello, So my question is this.
    I would like to transfer my pokemon from black to replay it before moving onto black/white2 and then onto x and y. I want to play them in order but start it with replaying black 1 first. Any chance to do this? or is the only way to get another copy of black 1 and transfer to there?
    thanks for the reply

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    OK so if you have another DS or 3DS what you can do is transfer your current Pokémon to your W2 or B2 via wireless or IR trade. Just get up to the part where you can trade in those games and then transfer them there as a placeholder. Reset Black and playthrough as normal, then - transfer the original placeholder Pokémon (from your first Black save file) back to Black (or forward to Gen VI). Then your new Pokémon that you want to play through W2 and B2 with can be traded over to them once you reset those games.

So as long as you have another system to play on it can be done but there's no way to mass transfer your original Pokémon (the Pokémon you have right now) on your first save of Black unless you transfer to the Pokémon Bank. I hope that makes sense!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    Will try this now :) appreciate the reply, will get back to you. I thought you were not able to transfer backwards from black 2 to black 1?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    No need for Union room! Straight from C-Gear :)

Sorry for the late response:

BW
    "The player cannot trade Pokémon until they have obtained the Trio Badge from the Striaton Gym and completed the C-Gear sub-quest for Fennel. This prevents the player from trading for a Pokémon that knows Cut in order to access the blocked-off section of Dreamyard early, as HM usage is not restricted by Badge ownership in Unova."

B2W2
    "Similar to Black and White, the player cannot trade Pokémon until they have received the Basic Badge from the Aspertia Gym and have received the C-Gear from Bianca. There is no prerequisite to trade with Black and White."

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    cool, appreciate your help :) will get round to doing so when I've done Emerald and Diamond :)

Back