• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transferring from gen 1 -> 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2012
    I have a pokemon yellow with a few lvl100 pokemon i lvled up long ago. I think it would be cool to have them in my current gen.

At the moment i have a gba, ds lite & dsi. Only have pokemon blue/yellow and dppt/hgss.

So i guess i need a gen 2 & 3 game.

Can i do this if i buy a gbc and pokemon gold and ruby?
    Yellow/gbc -> gold(gen2)/gba (or does the gold need to be in a gbc as well???)
    gold/gbc -> ruby/gba
    Can one gamelink cable do all this? (or are there different ones?)

Then use dual slot in ds lite to get them to my heart gold.

Also i know there is a glitch to battle mew in the first gen.. I have never done this but is it looked down upon or something i should not talk about here if i do it? That is, if i were to glitch myself a mew in gen 1 and trade it up to my heart gold (and then b/w when i get one of them).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Unfortunately, no.

Due to the way GF overhauled the game data between GenII and GenIII, there's no possible way to transfer pokemon from Yellow to newer games. This is why they made FR/LG to begin with.

Years
  • Pretty sure you can at least transfer to Gen II though, right? Time Machine thing? It probably won't help you, but it's useful if you're transferring pokemon to change the battery in the cartridge, then trade back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back