• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transferring Hack to GBA Cartridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Okay, I made a hack of a Fire Red ROM, and I was wondering how do you put roms back onto the cartridge? If anyone can explain or link me somewhere that would be great.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    You can order a GBA Flash cartridge online, you can put GBA games you download on it.
    This here will help you.
    I'm using EZF Advance flash cartridges and everything works fine, even Fire Red hacks I've put on it.

WhereAmI

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    An important thing to note: Even though the ROM is 32MB on the computer, you will need at least 256 MB cartridge to store and play it, I believe.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    I wish I could put GBA Roms on my R4, but as far as I know, the R4 doesn't supporte it! Hopefully they make a frimware
    update so that would be possible ^.^

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Does saving on a GBA flash card really differ that much from saving on a ds flash card? (also where might ppl find such an item as a gba or ds flash card?)

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    Okay, I know this is my first post, but I joined practically to ask this.

I have an EZV with an R4 (BTW, it's impossible to run GBA ROMs via the DS Slot, for those above) and I want to play ShinyGold and
    Liquid Ocean on it.

Both glitch up.

Blue Sea works fine, but, alas, I cannot read spanish.

Is there ANYONE who can help me?

Darkblade

The Ultimate Espeon Fanatic
    Years
    My friend has a G6 lite, and it works perfectly, except for the time when he tried to hack it, then it crashed, and all his games and save files went bye bye

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I don't quite understand what those G6 or everything means, but do all of ya here mean that you're transfering a GBA file to a GameBoy card to play it on your GameBoys..?

Just asking for I am still in the world of hacking. Eheheh. SOrry to bother.

kiwi

Crypto-Mewto
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2008
    Well, I want to play Firered´hacks on a supercard, too.
    But you can't save in the hacks because the "backup memory is'nt installed"(?).
    Can somebody help me?

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I have a EZ-Flash II Card, 128Mb, and I can play GBA games on my DS normally. I put the roms on it from the pc and just play; it's awesome!

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    If you have a Slot-1 flash card such as an R4DS, you can play GBA roms on it using EZFlash, which you can buy off various sites, such as DealExtreme. You have to get the Homebrew application that allows you to use it to play GBA roms. You can download that homebrew here. It's the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool by Rudolph. It looks like a new version was made yesterday...
    All GBA games should run perfectly, because it's using the emulator within the actual DS, and EZFlash only works for DS Lite, but I guess you could tamper with the plastic to get it to fit.
    The only problem is it doesn't emulate all save types, so you may have to patch the rom.
    3in1 Expansion Pack Tool Readme said:
    Games with EEPROM and 512kbit Flash save types need to be patched with the EZ4 Client or
    GBATA. Games with 1024kbit Flash save types need to be patched with the EZ4 Client.
    I recommend reading the entire 'read me' which is available with the home brew download before you attempt to buy EZFlash, to make sure it will work with your flash card.

The other way to play gba roms would be to simply get a gba flash card. (They can get expensive sometimes.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Can you transfer Pokemon from a ROM on your PC to a game you've installed on a flashcard? And from there, can you trade your Pokemon to a normal commercial GBA game?

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Can you transfer Pokemon from a ROM on your PC to a game you've installed on a flashcard? And from there, can you trade your Pokemon to a normal commercial GBA game?
    You should be able to do it on a gba flash card with a normal gameboy advance or gba sp. (If you have the correct connectors.)

-BlackShadow-

Shadow King
    Years
    I have A Question... WHERE CAN I GET A FLASHCARD FOR A LOW PRICE?! Cause I Checked One Site And It Said $188.99. So I Was Like Wow! I'm Not Paying That Much!

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I have A Question... WHERE CAN I GET A FLASHCARD FOR A LOW PRICE?! Cause I Checked One Site And It Said $188.99. So I Was Like Wow! I'm Not Paying That Much!
    It depends what flashcard you want and the price varies among different websites by a lot. I recommend the R4DS flashcard as a slot 1 card and I'm not sure of slot 2 cards, you may need to look around.
    A few websites:
    https://www.volumerate.com/(R4DS for $32.90 with free shipping)
    https://www.dealextreme.com/(Doesn't sell R4DS anymore.)
    https://www.gameyeeeah.com/(R4DS for $35.95 plus shipping)
    https://www.amazon.com/(R4DS for $49.95)
    You can search through these websites for what you want. With the R4DS, you need to buy a MicroSD memory card as well which can be found on those sites and various others as well. The memory cards are pretty expensive(about $20-30 depending what website/store) though, but they are ordinary cell phone memory cards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back