• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transferring iTunes from old iPhone to new iPhone?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • My mom just got the new iPhone and is passing her old one (a 3GS) to me. She doesn't really know what to do though, and Google isn't helping us at all. She wants to get all her stuff from her old iPhone to her new one. I'm no expert at this, and lol she obviously hasn't got a clue either. Help?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQQNWZ19GfA
    It transfers your apps and all the songs you have bought through iTunes. Also, you can create a backup and set up her new iPhone with the backed-up files.

Basically what Jarred said, but the condition for this is that you have to use the same computer for this that you used for syncing the 3GS. What the above method does is it copies a list of all of the files and apps on the phone (and personalized stuff like save files or preferences) to the computer, NOT the actual apps and files.

TL;DR Do this on the computer you usually use for iTunes, not a new computer.

Back