• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Transferring Pokemon from Gen 1-2 to Gen 3; A tutorial by yours truly

DoktorGilda

I will steal your lunch money
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2014
    For years the thought of transferring Pokemon from the first two gens to modern games was deemed impossible. Not anymore!

Link: A handy tutorial for you guys.

Yes, it's 100% possible to transfer your babies from both emulators and cartridges. The cartridge process has an extra step at the beginning though, and requires two extra tools (that I don't have yet) so I can't go too deeply into it yet.

This is actually the first tutorial I've ever written, so sorry if some things are a bit odd! I hope this helps you guys out.

Last edited:

DoktorGilda

I will steal your lunch money
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2014
    I noticed the link wasn't that obvious in the original post, my apologies! Also, I might add in how to isolate Gen 4 Pokemon files to you can put them up in a Fake GTS, allowing you to transfer them to Gen 5 without a flashcart. This will only work until the DS servers are shut down, though.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    The conversion program wouldn't happen to work with Japanese ROMs like Green and Vietnamese Crystal, would it? I'd really love to bring my Viet Crystal babies into X.

Edit: Figured this out for myself. It doesn't recognize Vietnamese Crystal at all. It does recognize Green as a Pokemon game, but spits out a bunch of error messages and won't let you convert any Pokemon. If you try to make it read a Green save file, you will need to use the task manager to close the program.

Last edited:
    Back