• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transit of Venus 2004

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Well, since I'm an astronomy person, I thought I would post this here! did anyone hear about it! *sudenly realizes--* AHHH! I MISSED IT! lol i would have had to have gotten up at 5 just to see the ending! but all of you people living in asia (why did i have to move to america lol) you had the entire thing! and guys listen up! if you have any intention of seeing this thing again its coming 2021~ and thats it! then it wont occur again until 2112! so i advise you people to watch it then!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    A couple of my relatives got up to see it, but they looked everywhere EXCEPT the sun...heh... But there was no way I was going to get up that early to watch it...besides, I didn't want to singe my corneas x_x

Jess

Banned
    Years
    Next Transit will be on June 21,2012 :P
    And this morning it was quite interesting..XD

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    LOL, here in Australia we had the first half of it - webcasts from Canberra and Perth were very cloudy so you couldn't see anything, but here in Melbourne - wonderful weather for June, all sunny and warm. The year 11 physics teachers at my school set up telescopes with filters so we could watch it, it was perfecto!

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Lol jess. as for YOU! YES YOU JA! this is unfair! i am the astro person *gets out frying pan* oops *puts down* that was your frying pan wasnt it? il just step back now ^_^;

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I didn't see it! I saw it on the news though, if that counts. I didn't know the sun was so big compared to everything else. Scary...

Seoul

diiirr!
    Years
    I knew i recognized the term here, but now I know what this is!
    Thats creepy cool. O.o. The actual observing of bodies in space doing their thing. And the alien of the sun and its comparison to the small planet.
    Although I am no astronomer, it is an interest of mine, in a sense that I enjoy learning about just about everything. Perhaps next time I will be prepared for it and have equipment.. or have my brain attached to a computer. O.o..
    Ill be a middled aged fart by then.
    O__o
    technology is freaky...

I took a silly Earth Science course in high school, for one, to go through the astronomy chapters, and 2, because I had nothing else to do. Unfortunately the teacher is not a real teacher and found space excessivley boring.. so.. emmited (sp? O.o) it..
    the cow.. q:

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    It would be small [3% of the suns diameter - i think]
    I waited 2 weeks 2 see it then on the day i got up went 2 school, did my exams, came home at 11:00, slept till 3:00, studied till 8:00, went to sleep (again) at 10:00, got up the next day and around 10:00 remembered the transit and cused for 12 minutes ^_^
    Well i guess i have 2 wait till 2012 ^_^

Jess

Banned
    Years
    Ice demon said:
    It would be small [3% of the suns diameter - i think]
    I waited 2 weeks 2 see it then on the day i got up went 2 school, did my exams, came home at 11:00, slept till 3:00, studied till 8:00, went to sleep (again) at 10:00, got up the next day and around 10:00 remembered the transit and cused for 12 minutes ^_^
    Well i guess i have 2 wait till 2012 ^_^
    June 21,2012 around 7:00AM ish..XD

Back