• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transitions/VS animations

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    How does someone put in a custom VS screen before battle, for example VS Champion or Vs the antagonists team? Thanks. Please give as much information as possible.

FlipelyFlip

Arr teh Pirate
    Years
  • heyey,

it's very simple, I use the picture commands for it.
    first I show the background of the custom VS outside of the screen and let then move it in, with the frequent of 5 frames. after it's in, I show the trainer and the opponent sprite and start the battle. after the battle is fought, I erase the pictures for it and it's finaly done (:

~flipy

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    ok, i will try that. thanks..............................

what about the music though? is there just no music for that bit?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    You can also go into the database animation section from rmxp itself and set it up that way. I did it for "medals" . This way its one command sort of.
    Note* if running with a long script and there are no "wait times" it might skip the whole animation. So alot of testing is required for the script to run. Timing wise

Back