• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Travel with your friends?

Shinigami1211

Gotta start somewhere...
Years
  • I personally enjoy having the ability to connect with friends, allowing us to battle and trade with one another. There is still one thing i would like to see in the future of Pokemon gaming.

You have all probably asked yourselves this once or twice, but what if you could travel with your friends?

Say you are traveling around, and you happen to run into a friend along in your travels. You can chat with them, battle, or trade on the spot. You can even observe your friends battles if you are nearby.

I could see it only working with people you have in your Pal pad and such, and if any of you have played Fable 3, I think that system would work well with it.

If a friend is in the same area as you, you can either join up in a link up and be able to see each other, or just carry on without doing anything.

What do you guys think?

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • I think that feature should definately be considered for the next generation of Pokemon games. It'd be a great way to take a break from the agonizing processes of training and grinding.

I also envision it being compatible with Wi-Fi. It could also have a Dream World-esque function in there as well.

Shinigami1211

Gotta start somewhere...
    Years
  • See, the wi-fi seems like itd be more fun though. Because you could be connected online, but the experience would probably be more memorable if the meeting was unexpected

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This is sort of the exact opposite of what I want. I say cut the wifi stuff, cut all the online stuff. Event Pokemon, all of it. I play Pokemon because I don't have to involve anyone else. Make the game and story itself richer, don't waste my time having to use the internet.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    This is sort of the exact opposite of what I want. I say cut the wifi stuff, cut all the online stuff. Event Pokemon, all of it. I play Pokemon because I don't have to involve anyone else. Make the game and story itself richer, don't waste my time having to use the internet.

...it's not like you have to connect with people if you don't want to. :(

And what you described, OP, sounds a lot like a MMORPG which I guess would be kind of cool. It'd be neat to run into people that I know and train with them for a while or battle a bit or just hang out... and Pokémon would gradually start feeling like it's real. 8D

Yeah, it'd be awesome, but I dunno if they could even do that if they wanted to. XD

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I think the biggest problem with this is that you might be travelling with someone who has a lot of higher-levelled Pokemon than yours. You might be only as far as say, Vermillion City, and your friend could have a team full of level 80+ Pokemon, so the trainers would be easy for your friend.

If there was some sort of restriction to this, then I think it'd be really cool!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The idea has a lot of potential, but a lot of things to be worked out, like level gaps and how you would communicate with your friends. Customized trainers will be all but necessary unless you want to travel with someone who looks identical to you 0_o

Back